This whole next gen release represents a lot of what is wrong with gaming.

#11SoulTrapperPosted 11/17/2013 1:25:53 PM
I agree.

Pre-ordering is one of the biggest reasons developers get away with releasing faulty products.
The last really good example of this that I still remember was Simcity, which was an absolute mess at launch and was still terrible a month later.

Along with pre-planned DLC, mainstreaming/casualising and season passes, I see it as one of the worst evolutions in video games of the past few years.
#12ErevilePosted 11/17/2013 1:33:17 PM
Isn't Kickstarter the next evolution of preordering?

Which actually went too far?
---
Tonight I will serenade you with the tortured screams of my lunatic soul.
PSN: Khoron
#13SilentS89Posted 11/17/2013 2:00:30 PM
I am extremely disappointed with all the "big three consoles".

The Wii U is underpowered and lacking games.

The PS4 is good in concept but the execution is severely lacking. It also doesn't have any games that catch my attention.

The Xbox One... well, we all know why that is so disappointing.

Different reasons for each but they are all disappointing me.

Last gen I was so pumped and wanted a Wii, a 360 and a PS3.

Meh, at least I have PC. I guess I could look into the Ouya and Steambox too...
#14whitelytning(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 4:43:07 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
I agree.

Pre-ordering is one of the biggest reasons developers get away with releasing faulty products.
The last really good example of this that I still remember was Simcity, which was an absolute mess at launch and was still terrible a month later.

Along with pre-planned DLC, mainstreaming/casualising and season passes, I see it as one of the worst evolutions in video games of the past few years.

See ST. We do agree about some things.

I just don't get why more people don't want to change things. All of you who are saying, "why do you care what I do with my money" are part correct and part incorrect. At it's core, you are right, it is your money. I can't tell you what to do with it. But because millions of people wait in line to buy broken games over and over it does effects me. These companies continue to make broken games and think its acceptable because of how many of you drones go out to buy it instantly. Until you guys realize you are the problem nothing will change.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#15khardboredPosted 11/17/2013 4:49:07 PM
If everyone waited and didn't pre-order, didn't do game launches and waited until reviews came out before buying, well, it wouldn't be a pretty landscape. Think on it for a bit.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#16ReploidAXZPosted 11/17/2013 5:04:32 PM
I don't like most forms of pre-ordering, some are ok like the old fashioned "Pre-order before *random date* and save 15!"

As a completionist I don't like rewards for pre-ordering, knowing there is something I will never be able to get and therefor never be able to 100% it kills a lot of drive for me. Why bother carrying on until the end if you will never get to the very end? If your game is good you won't need tricks, gimmicks or deals for it to sell.

The one I REALLY hate is "Early Access". In some cases it works and/or is needed, but far too many dev's are selling their games not only before they are finished, but when they are in early alpha.
I just don't have the energy in me to type all the reasons I hate (most of) them, I just don't.
---
R.I.P RARE.
#17masumane2Posted 11/17/2013 5:13:56 PM
People that pre-order and pre-buy games are ruining the video game industry. It's true.

But these people exist and ya know, people are stubborn.
---
Christians don't believe in gravity
#18NinjaGuerraPosted 11/17/2013 5:24:53 PM
nah
---
No game will ever come close to the fun I had playing Castlevania: HD.
PSN/Gamertag/LoL: NinjaGuerra