I've seen a few people refer to the Wii U as a gimmick system...

#1RebelGameMasterPosted 11/17/2013 12:24:47 PM
With it now being $299, and the XBone being $500... Should the XBone fear this "gimmick." - Results (98 votes)
Yes, despite the online hate Nintendo always does well.
51.02% (50 votes)
No, despite price, policies, RROD, 720p, etc., the XBone will sell more during its lifetime.
48.98% (48 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic.
---
"I hated this game, the controls were awful," isn't trolling... But you'll probably still get modded.
#2Yuri_LowelIPosted 11/17/2013 1:03:50 PM(edited)
I'd be SHOCKED if X1 doesn't outsell the U.

I work in Retail so I know the consumer interest for consoles.

PS4 is obviously on top. X1 after MS said DRM will be scrapped has gained more interest from the 360 crowd.

The wii U...well everyone who ha Wii's has absolutely no interest in this thing. The only people who care for it are hardcore Nintendo fans and even they are reserved.

---
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif
#3RebelGameMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 1:34:26 PM
Interesting, Yuri.
---
"I hated this game, the controls were awful," isn't trolling... But you'll probably still get modded.
#4HeracylostPosted 11/17/2013 1:37:54 PM
Yeah we will see when Zelda U comes out, among others next year. Like the Wii it will have some killer titles. Already has some really good ones, and the back library of Wii stuff. May rise form the ashes.
#5TFWN0GFPosted 11/17/2013 1:39:10 PM
Will the Wii U outsell the X1? No. Will it be a threat? Hell yes.
#6RebelGameMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 1:42:46 PM
Heracylost posted...
Yeah we will see when Zelda U comes out, among others next year. Like the Wii it will have some killer titles. Already has some really good ones, and the back library of Wii stuff. May rise form the ashes.

Funny, the Nintendo consoles always get a bunch of hate but sell amazingly well. Perhaps that's what Microsoft was trying to imitate. It can be said that the Wii had less work put into it but still stayed well in the fight with the big boys.

This new Zelda will be my first since the original Nintendo. Should really buy Ocarina of Time from what I've been told though.
---
#7MetroidFan9999Posted 11/17/2013 2:59:38 PM
How is the Wii U a gimmick machine, in comparison to the X1?

Kinect is one of the ultimate gimmicks if you are comparing to supposed nintendo "gimmicks".
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#8RebelGameMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 8:37:36 PM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
How is the Wii U a gimmick machine, in comparison to the X1?

Kinect is one of the ultimate gimmicks if you are comparing to supposed nintendo "gimmicks".

Quite a few people on here have referred to it as that. But it still sells well. Only difference is that it sells well over the life, not instantly on release. And if one is going to measure a console by how well it does on release then XBone isn't looking so hot now.
---
#9ScymitePosted 11/17/2013 8:49:24 PM
RebelGameMaster posted...

Quite a few people on here have referred to it as that. But it still sells well. Only difference is that it sells well over the life, not instantly on release. And if one is going to measure a console by how well it does on release then XBone isn't looking so hot now.

How can the Xbone look "not so hot now" based on it's release which hasn't even happened yet?
---
"I always found it both amusing and oddly appropriate that the rhetoric of the Information Age ended up being so... binary." -- Time_pants
#10ORANGE666Posted 11/17/2013 9:31:14 PM
RebelGameMaster posted...

Funny, the Nintendo consoles always get a bunch of hate but sell amazingly well.

Source? Every Nintendo console since the SNES has flopped in sales except the Wii. The Gamecube sold 21 million systems, the N64 sold 33 million

You have to be one delusion fanboy to think the N64 and Gamecube sold well, they both got decimated by the competition