No preorder in UK

#1777GUY777Posted 11/17/2013 2:53:16 PM
How likely do you think it is to be able to purchase the console on the 22nd without a preorder. I asked Argos and they said they 'expect to have non preordered xbox ones on or shortly after release day'. GAME told me I would 'probably' get one before Xmas.
#2PannerPosted 11/17/2013 3:01:11 PM
777GUY777 posted...
How likely do you think it is to be able to purchase the console on the 22nd without a preorder. I asked Argos and they said they 'expect to have non preordered xbox ones on or shortly after release day'. GAME told me I would 'probably' get one before Xmas.

My local GAME told me they would have free stock a week after launch, but you could try all the Supermarkets. Marrisons, Sainsburys, Asda and Tescos. Not sure which of these will be taking pre-orders or if they will free stock.
---
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter PSN Firegor
#3777GUY777(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 3:24:06 PM
Panner posted...
777GUY777 posted...

My local GAME told me they would have free stock a week after launch, but you could try all the Supermarkets. Marrisons, Sainsburys, Asda and Tescos. Not sure which of these will be taking pre-orders or if they will free stock.

I'm just hoping somewhere has free stock. I did preorder at GAME but I was too late for day one. I've booked the day off work on the 22nd and will try Argos as soon as they open then move on to currys then supermarkets if I have no luck. Seems mad that I have 430 ready to pay and may not be able to get one!
#4777GUY777(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 3:24:45 PM
I've also seen that people are selling their preorders for ridiculous money on eBay.
#5sulkythefishPosted 11/17/2013 3:34:24 PM
My local game shop still has day one editions available
#6777GUY777(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 6:33:56 AM
Bump
#7_SCOTSLADPosted 11/18/2013 11:07:34 AM
I have a pre order at my game store I am not using apparently its a day 1 on Friday.

Now I was one of the folks who got shafted when Blockbusters folded again lost my pre order but lucky for me I did get my full refund.

So Blockbusters were actually not to bad really, the got a deal with Microsoft for pre orders so I am getting mine straight from MS.
---
"I just heard a *FUMP* sound, like that of a billion fanboy heads exploding in unison."