Waits X1 really can't run games in 1080p?

#61archibald3Posted 11/17/2013 7:57:58 PM
Solis posted...
archibald3 posted...
If you want to know something really funny which will put this in perspective for you - when it was announced that Ghosts was running in 1080 on the ps4 and 720 on the xbox all kinds of reviewers and internet fanboys weighed in with analytical side by side comparisons pointing out the differences in detail etc etc etc. Then it turned out when actually analyzed by Digital Foundry that Ghosts was in 720 on the ps4 as well and would have to be patched on the ps4. So all the comparisons were simply bogus and people just seeing what they wanted to see.

There were no comparisons like what you were talking about, because the Xbox One version has almost no released media that can be examined in such a way. And since the PS4 resolution issue was patched on release for retail copies, and only affected the singleplayer campaign, all of the 720p/1080p comparisons for the game are still valid.

What are you talking about ? From almost a week ago on IGN :

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/11/12/call-of-duty-ghosts-in-1080p-ps4-vs-xbox-one-commentary
#62SolisPosted 11/17/2013 8:21:00 PM(edited)
archibald3 posted...
Solis posted...
archibald3 posted...
If you want to know something really funny which will put this in perspective for you - when it was announced that Ghosts was running in 1080 on the ps4 and 720 on the xbox all kinds of reviewers and internet fanboys weighed in with analytical side by side comparisons pointing out the differences in detail etc etc etc. Then it turned out when actually analyzed by Digital Foundry that Ghosts was in 720 on the ps4 as well and would have to be patched on the ps4. So all the comparisons were simply bogus and people just seeing what they wanted to see.

There were no comparisons like what you were talking about, because the Xbox One version has almost no released media that can be examined in such a way. And since the PS4 resolution issue was patched on release for retail copies, and only affected the singleplayer campaign, all of the 720p/1080p comparisons for the game are still valid.

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/11/12/call-of-duty-ghosts-in-1080p-ps4-vs-xbox-one-commentary

A heavily compressed streamed video with few direct full screen comparisons is hardly fit for that type of examination. There's a reason Digital Foundry or even Lens of Truth is the go-to source when trying to determine differences between versions.

Although ironically, if that version was running at 720p on the PS4, then the difference will only be MORE substantial on a patched retail copy.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#63archibald3Posted 11/17/2013 8:52:09 PM
Solis posted...
archibald3 posted...
Solis posted...
archibald3 posted...

A heavily compressed streamed video with few direct full screen comparisons is hardly fit for that type of examination. There's a reason Digital Foundry or even Lens of Truth is the go-to source when trying to determine differences between versions.

Although ironically, if that version was running at 720p on the PS4, then the difference will only be MORE substantial on a patched retail copy.

Just cant admit your wrong eh ? Thats a side by side comparison with commentary by IGN - they are not watching a streaming version-they are directly comparing !. Besides that point - its about as good a side by side as your ever going to see on the internet and there`s other ones as well all streamable at 1080p and direct ones sent to journalists.

Thousands of people weighed [ like over 5000] in on this lauding the 1080p over the 720p - all unbeknownst that both versions were 720p !! I`m not trumpeting the Xbox - I`m saying your full of it that there wasn`t media available and that the comparisons just made a mockery of peoples [including reviewers] ability to distinguish the difference.

Here`s from Eurogamer when the truth was out...

"Eurogamer has received word that completely debunks every other graphics comparison made to date between Call of Duty: Ghosts on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, because of one major flaw: The PlayStation 4 version was purposefully downgraded to 720p and upscaled to 1080p, so there was NO difference between both versions of the game.

What in the actual f**k?!

This means that every comparison made of Call of Duty: Ghosts are both grossly inaccurate and false, given that the PlayStation 4 version of the game that was showcased to journalists was purposefully gimped. "
#64OZ_ArchangelPosted 11/17/2013 9:06:43 PM
Wait why am I still reading people saying that 720p and 1080p isnt a difference and you can barely notice the details? Are they for real? Are they using PC monitors or something and dont have at least a 40inch plasma or led or lcd tv in their living room? I have a Samsung 47inch and my living room is hugeeeeeee, I sit maybe 10-15 feet away from the tv, Ill be upgrading to a 60-80inch tv just for the next gen console soon. And believe me I can tell the difference between 720 and 1080. Go to your ps3 or 360 you can change the resolution in the games between the 2 settings, tell me it doesnt look better in 1080p. Saying its not much of a difference is the same response as when your dad says he likes the tie you got him for fathers day
---
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great
#65SolisPosted 11/17/2013 11:19:06 PM
archibald3 posted...
Just cant admit your wrong eh ? Thats a side by side comparison with commentary by IGN - they are not watching a streaming version-they are directly comparing !. Besides that point - its about as good a side by side as your ever going to see on the internet and there`s other ones as well all streamable at 1080p and direct ones sent to journalists.

Thousands of people weighed [ like over 5000] in on this lauding the 1080p over the 720p - all unbeknownst that both versions were 720p !! I`m not trumpeting the Xbox - I`m saying your full of it that there wasn`t media available and that the comparisons just made a mockery of peoples [including reviewers] ability to distinguish the difference.

Here`s from Eurogamer when the truth was out...

"Eurogamer has received word that completely debunks every other graphics comparison made to date between Call of Duty: Ghosts on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, because of one major flaw: The PlayStation 4 version was purposefully downgraded to 720p and upscaled to 1080p, so there was NO difference between both versions of the game.

What in the actual f**k?!

This means that every comparison made of Call of Duty: Ghosts are both grossly inaccurate and false, given that the PlayStation 4 version of the game that was showcased to journalists was purposefully gimped. "

I can't admit that there's been a proper comparison of the next gen versions done, because there hasn't been yet. And there certainly weren't 5000 people lauding over the difference in it from 720p to 1080p, did you even read the comments for the video? In fact, hardly any of the discussion is related to the resolution or actual graphical quality based on the video itself.

Although as I've commented in other threads, reviewers are often very poor at actually determining the technical differences between versions of a game, so to that extent we agree. That does not, however, undermine the actual impact that technical differences have, nor does it mean that people won't ACTUALLY be able to see a real difference when there is one.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#66suprsoliderPosted 11/18/2013 1:16:30 AM
Nope it can't do 1080p

It can barely run games at 720p

Which shows how inferior it is to the PS4

PS4 4 LIFE
---
"If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch"
PSN ID: CF-105 PS4 4 LIFE
#67jpraelsterPosted 11/18/2013 1:19:36 AM
suprsolider posted...
Nope it can't do 1080p

It can barely run games at 720p

Which shows how inferior it is to the PS4

PS4 4 LIFE

Go back to your bridge troll
#68ThreinfhirPosted 11/18/2013 7:03:04 AM
bessy67 posted...
SupaShig posted...
bessy67 posted...
SupaShig posted...
bessy67 posted...

Who knows? If you're the type of player that likes to randomly pause the game, bust out your magnifying glass and check out the pixel count of minute details in the background then yes, the resolution difference is a big deal. But if you just actually, you know, play the game then you most likely won't even notice.

Someone has a 24 inch LCD

Nope. 47 inch.

Someone has bad eyes.

720p vs 1080p starts being noticeable at 40 inch. Reasonably more visible at 50 inch.

Is it a deal breaker? Nope. All about the games. But kidding yourself into thinking lower res is the same thing gets you nowhere.

No, you can't notice the difference between 720p and 1080p on a 47 inch unless you're closer than ~8 ft from the screen.

How about nine feet from a 60", because I noticed Black Flag on PS4 was 900p as soon as I started playing. 720p looks atrocious.
---
Just cover the light with black electrical tape. If there is no light coming from the unit then it doesn't use any power, problem solved. - Cattus99
#69SupaShigPosted 11/18/2013 7:27:37 AM
Threinfhir posted...
How about nine feet from a 60", because I noticed Black Flag on PS4 was 900p as soon as I started playing. 720p looks atrocious.

Yeah that guy was just talking out of his ass.