is gamestop still doing trade in old gen version for next gen for for $10

#1BIIGDIIRTYPosted 11/17/2013 2:52:07 PM
i have my copy of bf4 for my 360 and was wondering if gamestop still has the deal going for trading it in for the xbox one version for only $10
#2Hucast9Posted 11/17/2013 3:07:52 PM(edited)
Yes for games that qualify until December 31rst. You need to purchase teh game game Gamestop, be a Power Up Rewards member at the time of purchase, and you'll need to either print or write down a coupon number which you need to download through the Power Up Rewards web site.
#3BIIGDIIRTY(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 7:48:26 PM
Hucast9 posted...
Yes for games that qualify until December 31rst. You need to purchase teh game game Gamestop, be a Power Up Rewards member at the time of purchase, and you'll need to either print or write down a coupon number which you need to download through the Power Up Rewards web site.

dont have a printer do you know if they'll take a written down coupon code
#4segamaster316Posted 11/17/2013 7:51:00 PM
BIIGDIIRTY posted...
Hucast9 posted...

You have a smartphone? You can download the app and log into your account and they can take it right off your cellphone.
---
Who do you think you are, I am!
#5Little_BeverPosted 11/17/2013 7:57:24 PM
I am not sure that all that stuff is necessary. When I read all the fine print on the trade-up offer it only said that the game must be in good condition and traded toward the purchase of the same new gen-console game. It basicly give you a trade-in value of 50% so the balance to pay is 9.99$ plus tax.

http://www.ebgames.ca/collection/play-now-upgrade-later
Look at the bottom of the page, I know the site is Canadian, but I couldn't find the trade-in offer on the us site.
---
MizuUma : Sometimes when I fart poop comes out.
#6Hucast9Posted 11/17/2013 8:33:48 PM
BIIGDIIRTY posted...
Hucast9 posted...
Yes for games that qualify until December 31rst.

I asked the manager at one of my local Gamestops, and he said that yes we can write down the code on a paper and show it to them. The code will show up underneath the barcode as a set of letters and numbers. I tried to download this code to a usb memory stick using the PS3 web browser, but I can't seem to access the code afterwards through the PS3 interface. The Xbox 360 web browser doesn't download the code at all since it doesn't seem to want to download anything to memory and I think it can't access pdf files. I ended up using a laptop to access the downloaded code from the memory stick.

Gamestop needs to stop making people download codes, and they need to make it so you can access the code without downloading anything at all.
#7segamaster316Posted 11/17/2013 8:35:45 PM
They could have generated a code with the original sale of the game.
---
Who do you think you are, I am!
#8Hucast9Posted 11/17/2013 8:38:25 PM
segamaster316 posted...
They could have generated a code with the original sale of the game.

Yeah like Kmart. Gamestop needs to stop with this download code bs.
#9SL_Tops10Posted 11/17/2013 8:40:10 PM
Does this mean you could buy BF4 or any of the other games with Black Friday deals for $30, then trade in for the next-gen version for $40? Saves $20 if so, just a thought.
---
GT: SL Tops10