Does Microsoft even have any decent exclusive developers?

#1CokaineCowboy77Posted 11/17/2013 4:18:34 PM
I mean Bungie have left them, and they were the only MS exclusive developers of any interest.

Sony have Naughty Dog, Team ICO, Santa Monico, Geurilla Games, Media Molecule, Sucker Punch, Polyphony, Evolution stidios, etc.

MS can't money-hat forever. After their launch games, how can they keep up with Sony?
---
"What FF character can defeat Genie?"
SBK91 - "None of them. They don't begin register."
#2Blizz87Posted 11/17/2013 4:21:30 PM
They have some, 343 industries, the guys behind Alan Wake and Quatum Break, Rare, Crackdown developers, and others.
#3bob15xPosted 11/17/2013 4:24:49 PM
CokaineCowboy77 posted...
I mean Bungie have left them, and they were the only MS exclusive developers of any interest.

Sony have Naughty Dog, Team ICO, Santa Monico, Geurilla Games, Media Molecule, Sucker Punch, Polyphony, Evolution stidios, etc.

MS can't money-hat forever. After their launch games, how can they keep up with Sony?

they spent 1 billion dollars on new first party studios.
#4CokaineCowboy77(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 4:25:52 PM
Blizz87 posted...
Rare

What games have they created again?
---
#5CokaineCowboy77(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 4:28:12 PM
bob15x posted...

Link?

And not like that means anything: you can't just buy good developers - they don't grow on trees.
---
#6khardboredPosted 11/17/2013 4:33:29 PM
bob15x posted...

Link?

And not like that means anything: you can't just buy good developers - they don't grow on trees.

I just googled "Microsoft 1 billion developers". Do the leg work yourself. But anyway, it's true.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#7DirtyMudSharkPosted 11/17/2013 4:34:34 PM
bob15x posted...

Link?

So what is the actual point of this topic? If you have no confidence in MS first party studios than you should already be enjoying your new PS4, not trolling on here. Pretty sure most people on here won't lose sleep if you don't purchase a One.
#8Pirate WezPosted 11/17/2013 4:35:42 PM
Lionhead, Rare, 343, Black Tusk, Turn 10, Leap, Platform next, Twisted Pixel, Microsoft stduios Vancouver, Microsoft studios Victoria, Microsoft studios Soho.

also they have franchises from back on orig xbox

See my thread on phantom dust
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67851427

Fable is amazing

Kung fu Chaos, Fable, Forza, Killer Instinct, Conker, Crimson Skies, PGR, Otogi,

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/microsoft-now-has-more-first-party-studios-than-so-29113359/
---
www.artofwez.com
PSN: W-E-Z XBL: PGP_WEZ
#92ndAtomiskPosted 11/17/2013 4:36:41 PM

Sorry for my ignorance, but can I ask what the guys in bold have made?

On topic, their 1st party studios I know are:

Microsoft Studios Osaka
Microsoft Studios Victoria
Black Tusk
Rare
Lionhead

And a quick Google search also revealed:

Connected Experiences
Kids and Lifestyle Entertainment
Platform Next Studios
Playful Learning
Lift London
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#10CokaineCowboy77(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 4:41:40 PM
khardbored posted...
bob15x posted...

Link?

I just googled "Microsoft 1 billion developers". Do the leg work yourself. But anyway, it's true.

I found a link. It says that MS have invested $1 billion into games, nothing about buying new studios, so no, it's not true.
---