Why cant microsoft sale 2 sku

#1dreamtheater33Posted 11/18/2013 12:39:49 AM
One with all the junk on it,and another that just plays the games and can go online for multiplayer,and no dumb kinect.SUcks microsoft will fail cause of one overpriced sku.
---
Dutchoven it since 75
#2jpraelsterPosted 11/18/2013 12:43:20 AM
Kinect actually is very useful this time around for things like skype and the voice quality on it is much improved and you can navigate pretty much everything with it I was against it at first but now that im seeing all it can do this time I think its good they are selling each system with it
#3Millertime660Posted 11/18/2013 12:44:03 AM
So kinect has a 100% adoption rate and it isnt ignored by developers.... is this a serious question?
#4GotTruthPosted 11/18/2013 2:05:05 AM(edited)
It will be ignored by Gamers though.

The Kinect is NOT a game controller. If it WAS we would have some kind of bad-a$$ RTS like StarCraft2 or Warcraft 3 for it. IF it COULD be used as a controller I imagine that an Enders Game movie game would a hot topic with its revolutionary Space Fleet controls and a 3D open Battlefield that could be guided, controlled, and scrolled through with the Kinect; while at the same time controlling troops production, navigating HUDs, issuing attack orders ALL done with the Kinect. Have not seen ANYTHING close to this, so I will NEVER be using it IF I ever get a XBone, it would have to be AFTER these kind of games come out for it. I won't hold my breath considering that MS has said its basically a giant marketing tool for THEM to use on YOU.......
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#5dnmtPosted 11/18/2013 2:07:09 AM(edited)
jpraelster posted...
Kinect actually is very useful this time around for things like skype and the voice quality on it is much improved and you can navigate pretty much everything with it I was against it at first but now that im seeing all it can do this time I think its good they are selling each system with it

Not that useful that anyone in their right mind would spend an extra $100 to use.

Millertime660 posted...
So kinect has a 100% adoption rate and it isnt ignored by developers.... is this a serious question?

Just like Six-axis, right? (; And let's not forget that Crytek's big plans for Ryse was to make a Kinect game that doesn't suck and they couldn't come close to pulling it off.
#6jpraelsterPosted 11/18/2013 2:07:00 AM
GotTruth posted...

The Kinect is NOT a game controller. If it WAS we would have some kind of bad-a$$ RTS like StarCraft2 or Warcraft 3 for it. IF it COULD be used as a controller I imagine that an Enders Game movie game would a hot topic with its revolutionary Space Fleet controls and a 3D open Battlefield that could be guided, controlled, and scrolled through with the Kinect; while at the same time controlling troops production, navigating HUDs, issuing attack orders ALL done with the Kinect. Have not seen ANYTHING close to this, so I will NEVER be using it IF I ever get a XBone, it would have to be AFTER these kind of games come out for it. I won't hold my breath considering that MS has said its basically a giant marketing tool for THEM to use on YOU.......

I guarantee people who say they wont use it will end up using it because of how easy and quick it makes doing certain things
#7dnmtPosted 11/18/2013 2:08:21 AM
jpraelster posted...
GotTruth posted...

I guarantee people who say they wont use it will end up using it because of how easy and quick it makes doing certain things

Pressing a button once is faster than repeating a voice command up to three or four times until it registers.
#8jpraelsterPosted 11/18/2013 2:09:33 AM
dnmt posted...
jpraelster posted...
GotTruth posted...

Pressing a button once is faster than repeating a voice command up to three or four times until it registers.

I didnt realize you have used kinect 2 yet so there is no way to know if it is going to be as non responsive as kinect 1
#9dnmtPosted 11/18/2013 2:12:30 AM(edited)
jpraelster posted...
dnmt posted...
jpraelster posted...
GotTruth posted...

I didnt realize you have used kinect 2 yet so there is no way to know if it is going to be as non responsive as kinect 1

We've already seen the demos and heard stories from the people who tried it. It's better than Kinect 1 to be sure but still not reliable enough to be really useful. Expect to be disappointed is all I'm going to say.
#10koichiPosted 11/18/2013 2:12:44 AM
GotTruth posted...

Nothing comes close to that openly available to the public. let alone a 100 dollar device. Lets try to be realistic when trying to argue a point.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)