Why cant microsoft sale 2 sku

#112ndAtomiskPosted 11/18/2013 2:14:19 AM
dnmt posted...
jpraelster posted...
dnmt posted...
jpraelster posted...
GotTruth posted...
It will be ignored by Gamers though.

The Kinect is NOT a game controller. If it WAS we would have some kind of bad-a$$ RTS like StarCraft2 or Warcraft 3 for it. IF it COULD be used as a controller I imagine that an Enders Game movie game would a hot topic with its revolutionary Space Fleet controls and a 3D open Battlefield that could be guided, controlled, and scrolled through with the Kinect; while at the same time controlling troops production, navigating HUDs, issuing attack orders ALL done with the Kinect. Have not seen ANYTHING close to this, so I will NEVER be using it IF I ever get a XBone, it would have to be AFTER these kind of games come out for it. I won't hold my breath considering that MS has said its basically a giant marketing tool for THEM to use on YOU.......

I guarantee people who say they wont use it will end up using it because of how easy and quick it makes doing certain things

Pressing a button once is faster than repeating a voice command up to three or four times until it registers.

I didnt realize you have used kinect 2 yet so there is no way to know if it is going to be as non responsive as kinect 1

We've already seen the demos and heard stories from the people who tried it. It's better than Kinect 1 to be sure but still not reliable enough to be really useful. Expect to be disappointed is all I'm going to say.

I've been reading the exact opposite.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#12dnmtPosted 11/18/2013 2:19:39 AM
We'll find out soon. My original point anyway is that even if it works perfectly it's still not worth the extra $100.
#13GotTruthPosted 11/18/2013 2:25:11 AM
koichi posted...
GotTruth posted...

The Kinect is NOT a game controller. If it WAS we would have some kind of bad-a$$ RTS like StarCraft2 or Warcraft 3 for it. IF it COULD be used as a controller I imagine that an Enders Game movie game would a hot topic with its revolutionary Space Fleet controls and a 3D open Battlefield that could be guided, controlled, and scrolled through with the Kinect; while at the same time controlling troops production, navigating HUDs, issuing attack orders ALL done with the Kinect. Have not seen ANYTHING close to this, so I will NEVER be using it IF I ever get a XBone, it would have to be AFTER these kind of games come out for it. I won't hold my breath considering that MS has said its basically a giant marketing tool for THEM to use on YOU.......

Nothing comes close to that openly available to the public. let alone a 100 dollar device. Lets try to be realistic when trying to argue a point.

Well, I'll make you a deal......

STOP claiming the Kinect brings ANYTHING new to my GAMING experiences, and I will stop demonstrating it doesn't.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#14GotTruthPosted 11/18/2013 2:26:13 AM
jpraelster posted...
GotTruth posted...

I guarantee people who say they wont use it will end up using it because of how easy and quick it makes doing certain things

Like?

I can think of NOTHING the Kinect is said to do that I can't do FASTER with a Controller and/or remote.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n