User Info: ILikesCheese

ILikesCheese
3 years ago#51
CyberneticRat posted...
I love today's review score system.

1-6 = Trash
7-8 = Decent
9-10 = GOTY

Since review sites almost NEVER rate a game a 4 or below anymore, yes, you have to take a 5 or 6 as "trash."

I miss the days of EGM when they actually used a true 10 point grading scale.
Beware Microsoft's Annoying Defense Force And Nonsensical Brigade Of Yappy Salespeople!

User Info: Muflaggin

Muflaggin
3 years ago#52
People still think 7 is average huh?
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule

User Info: Exodus_Prime

Exodus_Prime
3 years ago#53
CyborgTwenty posted...
Sadness has arrived.

Sadness Awaits.
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.

ILikesCheese
3 years ago#54
lunaticcore posted...
I guess they paid Destructoid off too.

9/10
"For once, I actually felt overwhelmed in a zombie outbreak, which is a real example of how next-gen technology can be used to do more than simply "make things look better." Out of all the launch titles I've played on both new consoles, Dead Rising 3 is my personal favorite, bar none."

As I look more into Destructoid's reviews, something does indeed look fishy to me. Arguing over a 7 or an 8 is splitting hairs. BUT they gave Crimson Dragon an 8 and loved it. EVERYONE else gave it 5's and hated it, with Games Beat giving it a 3.5 and saying it would be good game...for a $1 on iOS.
Beware Microsoft's Annoying Defense Force And Nonsensical Brigade Of Yappy Salespeople!

User Info: bigslim816

bigslim816
3 years ago#55
CyberneticRat posted...
I love today's review score system.

1-6 = Trash
7-8 = Decent
9-10 = GOTY

By reading review comments and forums of today's gamers.
1-7 = trash
8 = rentable
9 = buyable
10 = somebody was paid off
You wanna play blind man, go walk with the shepherd, but me, my eyes are wide f'n open.
@#&! a fanboy!

User Info: bluesplus1

bluesplus1
3 years ago#56
I couldn't care less about reviews.

A game can be faulty and still be fun. The DR series has never been perfect or exceptional, but I always come back. This game is no exception. Why? Because they're fun to play. Simple as that.
"If you complain about the existence of entertainment that you don't have to consume, you're probably an ass****." - Andrew Eisen

ILikesCheese
3 years ago#57
bluesplus1 posted...
I couldn't care less about reviews.

A game can be faulty and still be fun. The DR series has never been perfect or exceptional, but I always come back. This game is no exception. Why? Because they're fun to play. Simple as that.

The first Dead Rising was great. But I HATED the second one. It was the exact same game, in a less interesting environment, with less interesting characters and without the neat aspect of photography. My thoughts on DR3 are thus tempered, and I therefore look to reviews to clue me in on aspects of the game.

Not that I'll be buying an Xbox One anyway until it drops $100 in price. :)

User Info: BigBOO2U

BigBOO2U
3 years ago#58
TheBorderCollie posted...
User Name BigBOO2U
User ID 6640340
Board User Level 25: New User (3)
Awarded to users with at least 40 Karma. Can create 10 topics, 100 messages per day.
Account Created Thursday, July 19, 2012 12:35 PM
Last Visit Monday, November 18, 2013 10:26 AM

....And your point is what exactly?

That I've been a user of this site for one and a half years and only log in a couple of times a month to check the message boards as opposed to every single day for the last 7 years?

Again, and your point was what exactly?
Who knew that failing to put a "?" at the end of a sentence will bring down the wrath of the Mods on you for "Trolling" ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

User Info: The_Darkwalker

The_Darkwalker
3 years ago#59
TBONE_OG posted...
DR3 could get a 10 out 100 and I'd still buy it. The game looks like great fun.
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.

User Info: scoobydoobydont

scoobydoobydont
3 years ago#60
I apologize profusely if I offended any sensitive souls with my sarcasm.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Dead Rising 3 earns an AVERAGE "70" on Joystiq, EuroGamer, GameSpot

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived