Dead Rising 3 earns an AVERAGE "70" on Joystiq, EuroGamer, GameSpot

#51ILikesCheesePosted 11/18/2013 11:59:27 AM
CyberneticRat posted...
I love today's review score system.

1-6 = Trash
7-8 = Decent
9-10 = GOTY

Since review sites almost NEVER rate a game a 4 or below anymore, yes, you have to take a 5 or 6 as "trash."

I miss the days of EGM when they actually used a true 10 point grading scale.
---
Beware Microsoft's Annoying Defense Force And Nonsensical Brigade Of Yappy Salespeople!
#52MuflagginPosted 11/18/2013 12:26:02 PM
People still think 7 is average huh?
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
#53Exodus_PrimePosted 11/18/2013 12:29:25 PM
CyborgTwenty posted...
Sadness has arrived.

Sadness Awaits.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#54ILikesCheesePosted 11/18/2013 12:30:01 PM
lunaticcore posted...
I guess they paid Destructoid off too.

9/10
"For once, I actually felt overwhelmed in a zombie outbreak, which is a real example of how next-gen technology can be used to do more than simply "make things look better." Out of all the launch titles I've played on both new consoles, Dead Rising 3 is my personal favorite, bar none."

As I look more into Destructoid's reviews, something does indeed look fishy to me. Arguing over a 7 or an 8 is splitting hairs. BUT they gave Crimson Dragon an 8 and loved it. EVERYONE else gave it 5's and hated it, with Games Beat giving it a 3.5 and saying it would be good game...for a $1 on iOS.
---
Beware Microsoft's Annoying Defense Force And Nonsensical Brigade Of Yappy Salespeople!
#55bigslim816Posted 11/18/2013 12:37:21 PM
CyberneticRat posted...
I love today's review score system.

1-6 = Trash
7-8 = Decent
9-10 = GOTY

By reading review comments and forums of today's gamers.
1-7 = trash
8 = rentable
9 = buyable
10 = somebody was paid off
---
You wanna play blind man, go walk with the shepherd, but me, my eyes are wide f'n open.
@#&! a fanboy!
#56bluesplus1Posted 11/18/2013 12:39:16 PM
I couldn't care less about reviews.

A game can be faulty and still be fun. The DR series has never been perfect or exceptional, but I always come back. This game is no exception. Why? Because they're fun to play. Simple as that.
---
"If you complain about the existence of entertainment that you don't have to consume, you're probably an ass****." - Andrew Eisen
#57ILikesCheesePosted 11/19/2013 7:21:22 AM
bluesplus1 posted...
I couldn't care less about reviews.

A game can be faulty and still be fun. The DR series has never been perfect or exceptional, but I always come back. This game is no exception. Why? Because they're fun to play. Simple as that.

The first Dead Rising was great. But I HATED the second one. It was the exact same game, in a less interesting environment, with less interesting characters and without the neat aspect of photography. My thoughts on DR3 are thus tempered, and I therefore look to reviews to clue me in on aspects of the game.

Not that I'll be buying an Xbox One anyway until it drops $100 in price. :)
---
#58BigBOO2U(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 9:16:55 AM
TheBorderCollie posted...
User Name BigBOO2U
User ID 6640340
Board User Level 25: New User (3)
Awarded to users with at least 40 Karma. Can create 10 topics, 100 messages per day.
Account Created Thursday, July 19, 2012 12:35 PM
Last Visit Monday, November 18, 2013 10:26 AM

....And your point is what exactly?

That I've been a user of this site for one and a half years and only log in a couple of times a month to check the message boards as opposed to every single day for the last 7 years?

Again, and your point was what exactly?
---
Who knew that failing to put a "?" at the end of a sentence will bring down the wrath of the Mods on you for "Trolling" ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
#59The_DarkwalkerPosted 11/19/2013 9:20:58 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
DR3 could get a 10 out 100 and I'd still buy it. The game looks like great fun.

---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.
#60scoobydoobydontPosted 11/19/2013 10:00:13 AM(edited)
I apologize profusely if I offended any sensitive souls with my sarcasm.