Have a PS4 already, getting a Xbone, but not sure about games for it

#1TlittPosted 11/18/2013 11:48:49 AM
I have a teenage son who wanted a PS4 for his birthday (this month), so he got that as a combined Xmas/Bday gift. Bought Assassin's Creed 4, Battlefield 4 and Lego Marvel for it. He loves AC4, and I really enjoy BF4. Also like Resogun -- an interesting/addictive defender/geometry war crossover.

I'm getting the Xbone on Friday (preordered from Amazon), but haven't gotten any games preordered. I'm holding off till I see more reviews. I was hoping to get a buy2get1free deal from Amazon, and pick up Dead Rising 3, Need for Speed Rivals and one of Call of Duty 4, Ryse or Forza. I really want to like Ryse as I like the idea of a roman setting, but if its just the fighting over and over and over that we see in videos so far, I may wait for it to go on sale as I can see that getting old fast. I've heard bad things about COD4 and I'm not sure about Forza -- I don't really like going around in circles for my racing games. So if there is no buy2get1free deal, I probably will just end up buying either Need for Speed or DR3. If I didn't have the PS4 already, I would definately get BF4 and AC4, but those are covered.

Tough decision. For those that will have both consoles on Friday, what games do you plan on picking up for Xbone.
#2RebelGameMasterPosted 11/18/2013 11:56:11 AM
Try Crimson Dragon. I hear it's getting awesome godly reviews. Ryse will probably get the same kind of reviews.
---
"I hated this game, the controls were awful," isn't trolling... But you'll probably still get modded.
#3Tlitt(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 2:02:11 PM
No thanks on Crimson Dragon. Not my type of game, and not getting good reviews at this point. I played panzoor but was not as hyped about it as many, so I'll pass on that one for sure.
#4YoYoHaHaPosted 11/18/2013 2:08:32 PM
If you have the PS4 and some multiplat games for it, I'd (if you're going for 3 games) go with Forza 5' Dead Rising 3 and Zoo Tycoon.

I'd hold off on Ryse. It looks really nice but I'd wait and read some reviews once the come out to see if it is a purchase worthy game or simply a QTE fest with pretty visuals.
---
Peace and love, peace and love!
#5Tlitt(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 4:23:49 PM
After watching my son play AC4, I might end up getting that so I can play it on my own upstairs TV. That game looks very fun, some old school Sid Meier's Pirates sailing action/combat coupled with lots of places to explore. I hate to buy the same game twice, but the PS4 is hooked up in the basement and I usually play upstairs in my man cave.