Kinect already causing issues due to faulty voice recognition

#51SoulTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 3:06:08 PM
khardbored posted...

Maybe we would actually care what you have to say if you didn't constantly focus on the negative. You hate the company and product and only post things to show them in a negative light. As if you're trying to inform the customer. You're just a more clever troll. And don't give me that spiel about "Say anything negative about MS and they call you a troll!". When -all- you do is bash the company and their supporters you become just as bad, if not worse, than the trolls.

Once again, I don't post for you or your delusional buddies.

I don't hate the company, I don't hate the product.

I do hate the way they're handling the product and the forced kinect.
And I do hate the NSA connection Microsoft has.

I don't only post about the things I don't like, but so far it's been pretty effective: they've gotten rid of the DRM, the 24 hour check-in and the always plugged-in kinect.

I helped a lot of people out as well over the last couple of months (finding HDMI adapters etc).

The negative things I post just draw more attention to them because they are obviously weak points in the xbox one.

Every single person here has an ignore button, if you think I'm a troll, feel free to put me on ignore.
But I'm not going to pretend that MS forcing the kinect on people is a good thing, just because it upsets some people's feelings.
#52ScRuiPosted 11/18/2013 3:14:37 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
ScRui posted...

Do you have issues with it? NO because you haven't used it... Do you have a negative view of the Kinect? Yes especially because its bundled with the Xbox ONE. WHY? No ****ing clue, fanpup is my guess...

I do have an issue with it: people are being forced to buy it.

Now when you own a Xbox ONE and use Kinect and find issues (ala... PS4 board right now) then you have the right to be upset and judge and give your opinion...

Now that's a pretty faulty piece of reasoning.

What you're saying is that you're only allowed to criticize a product if you bought it.
That's one of the dumbest reasonings I've heard on this board so far and you've got some fierce competition.

Taking someone's words and acting like they are your own is subjective at best and is hearsay... Do you know why hearsay is NOT admissible in court? Because most of the time it gets twisted from what the truth really is bull****

This paragraph makes even less sense.

Are you saying you've never gone by on what someone else has told you? Do you have some sort of trust issue?
Because when multiple reviewers tell me the kinect voice commands have issues, I trust that the kinect will have voice command issues.

Same way you trust people when they post the ps4 has issues.

You should care about what your experience is NOT what someone else's is... You buy what you wany, ill buy what I want... But don't act like your spreading INFO as truth when its clearly an OPINION and an unproven one at that...
When the system is out and Kinect has an issue like the various issues PS4 has, than come here and say 'beware Xbox ONE buyer's, this can happen'
Crazy fanpup, discussions are for adults... Hope you can prove me wrong and continue...

So now you're accusing multiple reviewers as being liars?
Because those are their words, not mine.

I'm fairly certain telling warning people about issues with the kinect after they bought it is pointless.

So making sure people are aware of the kinect voice command issues that are already surfacing from multiple sources before launch is a pretty good way of informing them about what might happen.

Listen, you want to have issues with something you don't own, great be biased... Spread your 'truth' get the word out I guess... If it makes you feel better about your decision... I will make my judgment when I own and use something (Kinect 2.0)... The reason why I know most of what you say is reviewers words, is to cover your B.S.

I own the orginal Kinect and the voice recognition was flawless, Kinect motion recognition needed work... Kinect 2.0 is even better vocally and with motion cap too... Have you owned the original Kinect? Hell, I don't think you even owned a Xbox 360.... But I won't spread my opinion of you as 'Truth'

Everyone knows you and what you have and still are doing... Face it fanpup... Go enjoy gaming and stop making your 'saving gamers routine' people can think for themselves... Ironically I think that's exactly what you lack, the power to think for yourself...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#53Laylow12Posted 11/18/2013 3:19:08 PM
khardbored posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
archibald3 posted...
Could you try to dig up faults with X1 any harder ? lmao.....

It's not a fault with the xbone, it's a fault with the mandatory peripheral they force people to buy along with it.

Maybe we would actually care what you have to say if you didn't constantly focus on the negative. You hate the company and product and only post things to show them in a negative light. As if you're trying to inform the customer. You're just a more clever troll. And don't give me that spiel about "Say anything negative about MS and they call you a troll!". When -all- you do is bash the company and their supporters you become just as bad, if not worse, than the trolls.

All you do is ignore facts and get all lovey dovey with the XBOX ONE. So that makes you a fanboy right?

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#54nizam216Posted 11/18/2013 3:27:32 PM
But Kinect is the future of gaming and makes the Xbox One the true next generation console along with Teh Cloud and TEE VEE unless you have satellite/direct?
#55billsfanno1Posted 11/18/2013 3:33:09 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
billsfanno1 posted...

So TC's title to this thread would be akin to saying "Internal power supply already causing bricked PS4s due to faulty cooling".

Yes, it would and both are true.

Then you are folding too soon, because I don't believe for a minute that PS4s are already failing due purely to heat, just like I don't believe for a minute that a voice recognition issue that may or may not exist in DR3 is due to Kinect. I think some PS4s will eventually die due to heat, but this doesn't explain DOA units and day one bricks.
#56Exodus_PrimePosted 11/18/2013 3:37:10 PM
Yet nobody notices that the GameSpot news at the bottom of this board for Xbox One has been the same damn thing for months now, why did they stop updating it?
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#57Kosmo240985Posted 11/18/2013 3:43:23 PM
I would just ignore him.

Soultrapper is the equivalent of a Jehovas Witness, He doesn't care what people think.

He doesn't care that people can make their own decisions.

All he cares about is trying to convert people into his belief.

once again. Microsoft is marketing the kinect 2.0 with the X1, this is the vision they see for the x1, this is the product they are offering.

they are not forcing anyone or anything to buy it.

that's the beauty of a free market...there are other options for you.

you seem pissed at MS for including the kinect, who cares. stop acting like a toddler throwing a tantrum becasue he doesn't like brocoli.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#58archibald3Posted 11/18/2013 3:49:46 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
khardbored posted...

Once again, I don't post for you or your delusional buddies.

I don't hate the company, I don't hate the product.

I do hate the way they're handling the product and the forced kinect.
And I do hate the NSA connection Microsoft has.

I don't only post about the things I don't like, but so far it's been pretty effective: they've gotten rid of the DRM, the 24 hour check-in and the always plugged-in kinect.

I helped a lot of people out as well over the last couple of months (finding HDMI adapters etc).

The negative things I post just draw more attention to them because they are obviously weak points in the xbox one.

Every single person here has an ignore button, if you think I'm a troll, feel free to put me on ignore.
But I'm not going to pretend that MS forcing the kinect on people is a good thing, just because it upsets some people's feelings.

We dont "think" your a troll you are a troll. This laughable rationalization above is , for anyone who`s reading this , an interesting look into what a troll tells himself to justify his insanely annoying behavior.

Buddy your a poison to good vibes. If everyone took your tactic to getting their way in the world this planet would be an ugly ,arguementative , negative , pushy place.The only thing your doing is making this message board a sh$%#y place to be. Thats the only thing your doing for gaming...
#59khardboredPosted 11/18/2013 3:50:51 PM
I ignore facts? Wow.

You would think that with their combined IQ these two would form some super-troll, but nope, they still burn my fries. This is why McDonalds shouldn't allow their employees to text while on the job.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
Playstation 3.5: Sameness Awaits
#60IllbyPosted 11/18/2013 4:10:31 PM
Will the kinect be the most discarded/destroyed peripheral in videogame history? I mean, it is "free" in the sense that it's included in the cost of the console.