Kinect already causing issues due to faulty voice recognition

#71Millertime660Posted 11/19/2013 2:59:11 AM
dnmt posted...
Millertime660 posted...
dnmt posted...
Millertime660 posted...
Wow soultrapper you gonna be alright? Talk about making a big deal out of things. Youve known for how long that the kinect will come with the system yet you are still pretty angry about it huh? Maybe its time to move on.

He's one voice in a sea of many. A lot of people don't like the Kinect and think it's an expensive gimmick. The Xbone would be in a much better state if it were optional, it's undeniable.

That is a fair assesement. But it is a video game system..... there are many more things that he could worry about.

He can probably worry about more than one thing at a time and you're just dismissing his opinion for no good reason. I personally expect discussion in a message board but I guess some people prefer repeating stuff they read on Twitter ad nauseam and shutting other people up, even when they voice their opinion politely and eloquently.

Well you'll have to look real hard to find a discussion on this message board. Im not dismissing his opinion... I have every right to call out his constant negativity, just like he has every right to flood the message board, of the console hes not getting, with arguments. Right?
#72dnmtPosted 11/19/2013 3:02:25 AM
Millertime660 posted...
dnmt posted...
Millertime660 posted...
dnmt posted...
Millertime660 posted...
Wow soultrapper you gonna be alright? Talk about making a big deal out of things. Youve known for how long that the kinect will come with the system yet you are still pretty angry about it huh? Maybe its time to move on.

He's one voice in a sea of many. A lot of people don't like the Kinect and think it's an expensive gimmick. The Xbone would be in a much better state if it were optional, it's undeniable.

That is a fair assesement. But it is a video game system..... there are many more things that he could worry about.

He can probably worry about more than one thing at a time and you're just dismissing his opinion for no good reason. I personally expect discussion in a message board but I guess some people prefer repeating stuff they read on Twitter ad nauseam and shutting other people up, even when they voice their opinion politely and eloquently.

Well you'll have to look real hard to find a discussion on this message board. Im not dismissing his opinion... I have every right to call out his constant negativity, just like he has every right to flood the message board, of the console hes not getting, with arguments. Right?

You can do whatever you want but shutting everyone down is just pointless. I would at least try to tackle the points he's bringing up; most of them are quite valid.
#73Millertime660Posted 11/19/2013 3:08:58 AM
dnmt posted...
You can do whatever you want but shutting everyone down is just pointless. I would at least try to tackle the points he's bringing up; most of them are quite valid.

I dont see how I am shutting him down. Regardless, hes not around anymore so its a moot point. I actually cant comment on the points he is bringing up as I have yet to use the kinect myself and there arent any reviews out for it till tomorrow.

I will say that I am excited to try it though.
#74SoulTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 3:30:59 AM(edited)
Golden Maven posted...
Well SoulTrapper, you might want to blow this out of proportion. People might just get distracted from the PS4's boring launch lineup (not really, you failed).

Both launch line-ups are terrible.
This is unrelated, though.

Funny how so many people want to bring up the ps4 on the xbox board, it's as if they're trying to deflect or something.

Millertime660 posted...

And how long was the kinect required to stay connected to the console at all times?

Things can change, you just need to let people know what is BS, things such as forcing a peripheral with the purchase of a console is one of those things in my opinion.

Feel free to disagree, but try to bring actual argumentation if you do.

Millertime660 posted...

I dont see how I am shutting him down. Regardless, hes not around anymore so its a moot point. I actually cant comment on the points he is bringing up as I have yet to use the kinect myself and there arent any reviews out for it till tomorrow.

You are attempting to silence discussion/derail the thread about this by addressing the poster instead of the post.

I have other things to do, so I'm not constantly on this board, but feel free to respond anyway, I'll get to replying once I find the time.

There aren't any reviews for it and yet there are already issues being reported, that should say something.
#75MrSpaM111Posted 11/19/2013 3:31:36 AM
They aren't the only ones saying it, the recent video for zoo tycoon IGN posted points out that the Kinect integration isn't very good either. Honestly, I don't think Kinect 2.0 is any better than the first one, it's just got a higher resolution camera in it.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#76slowdog76Posted 11/19/2013 3:40:47 AM
you do know that in-game issues and integration with kinect are most likely more down to the developer than the hardware, dont you?
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#77Millertime660Posted 11/19/2013 3:43:58 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Golden Maven posted...
Well SoulTrapper, you might want to blow this out of proportion. People might just get distracted from the PS4's boring launch lineup (not really, you failed).

Both launch line-ups are terrible.
This is unrelated, though.

Funny how so many people want to bring up the ps4 on the xbox board, it's as if they're trying to deflect or something.

Millertime660 posted...

And how long was the kinect required to stay connected to the console at all times?

Things can change, you just need to let people know what is BS, things such as forcing a peripheral with the purchase of a console is one of those things in my opinion.

Feel free to disagree, but try to bring actual argumentation if you do.

Millertime660 posted...

You are attempting to silence discussion/derail the thread about this by addressing the poster instead of the post.

I have other things to do, so I'm not constantly on this board, but feel free to respond anyway, I'll get to replying once I find the time.

There aren't any reviews for it and yet there are already issues being reported, that should say something.

I will admit I am absolutely tired about the constant garbage swamping this board so I may have jumped the gun on posting towards you. I apologize.

As far as your argument I do disagree with some of your points. I dont think talking about the issues you have on gamefaqs will change anything. Unfortunately that is what twitter and other popular social media is for now.

As far as my view on things? I never had an issue with the kinect fortunately. I didnt care if I had to keep it plugged into my system at all times and I actually like that its boxed with every system. I am totally down for great conversations with people its just really Fing hard to do when half of the threads are a different version of the same topic.

Sorry again
#78dnmtPosted 11/19/2013 3:53:40 AM(edited)
slowdog76 posted...
you do know that in-game issues and integration with kinect are most likely more down to the developer than the hardware, dont you?

The issues are prevalent enough that I doubt it's merely the fault of the developers. The poor performance is inexcusable anyway when you've paid $500 to use it, don't you think? I suggest you exit this dream world where anything that goes wrong is everybody's fault but Microsft's; you'll be much wiser for it.
#79slowdog76Posted 11/19/2013 3:56:20 AM
yawn. there goes dmnt again.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#80dnmtPosted 11/19/2013 3:59:35 AM
slowdog76 posted...
yawn. there goes dmnt again.

I wonder if you'll ever try to have a rational discussion with someone instead of dismissing it immediately because they said something you didn't like. I wonder...