Something equally important to me this gen = sound.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Something equally important to me this gen = sound.
3 years ago#1
X360 was lackluster in audio options. I am really looking for to the X1 for this reason....few more days.
Gaming since the early 80's
XBL: CallMeMrBrandt PSN: OptimusDad
3 years ago#2
Heh, you and I may be part of a dying breed.

With all the talk about graphics, resolution, frame rates and how they relate to the experience, so many people still stick to their TV speakers for sound.

I don't think sound falls anywhere near most people's radar in importance.
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
3 years ago#3
Not just the console sound options but the games as well. I hate when I go to the options and all I have are level controls. DICE has things right. You can set up everything for the system you have and it's fantastic.
JascoD~ He said black ops 2, not Battlefield 3. CoD can be played at the same time you're making a sandwich.
3 years ago#4
I really don't care about audio. Just because I don't have the "ear" to tell much difference.
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia and Animal Crossing New Leaf FC: 4811-7436-8881
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.) *Coming Soon: Xbox One
3 years ago#5
Sennheiser is God
3 years ago#6
I respect audiophiles, I'm just not one of them. I hope it has the sound options you desire. I just happen to be a gamer that doesn't like loud. I do have a surround sound headset I enjoy though. I mostly just have the tv on very low though.
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
3 years ago#7
kidwgm posted...
I really don't care about audio. Just because I don't have the "ear" to tell much difference.

It all depends what you mean. I think that most people don't need a golden ear to tell the difference between stereo and discrete surround sound.

I think that there is an important distinction between not being able to tell and not caring all that much.
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
3 years ago#8
I love good audio. What are you guys running? I have a 2.1 setup and nice headphones for the night time.

Speakers:
http://www.amazon.com/Audioengine-A5-Premium-Powered-Black/dp/B005OA3BSY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1384813089&sr=8-3&keywords=audioengine
http://www.amazon.com/Audioengine-Black-8-inch-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B0013J1DI0/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1384813092&sr=8-8&keywords=audioengine

Headphones:
http://www.amazon.com/HiFiMAN-HE400-HiFiMan-HE-400-Headphones/dp/B007ZG32I4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384813150&sr=8-1&keywords=he400

DAC:
http://www.amazon.com/Audioengine-D1-24-bit-Digital-to-Analog-Converter/dp/B006IPH5H2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1384813092&sr=8-4&keywords=audioengine
Torres man get a sig.
3 years ago#9
Sound can make all the difference in a game, really bring it to life, I'm hoping the XB1 games will have amazing sound with the dedicated audio chip and everything. Currently running a Pioneer 7.1 receiver with Harmon Kardon 5.1 speakers. If I'm using headphones its Audio Technica ATH AD-700.
3 years ago#10
torres007 posted...
I love good audio. What are you guys running? I have a 2.1 setup and nice headphones for the night time.

Home Theater
ProAc loudspeakers for my fronts
4 x M&K tripoles for my surround
SVS PB12+ subwoofer
Pioneer Elite 7.1 Receiver

Living Room
Pioneer 7.1 receiver
Paradigm 7.1 speaker system
SVS cylinder PC-12 subwoofer
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Something equally important to me this gen = sound.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived