Do you agree with this? Major Nelson: X1 owners don't want second screens?

#1backguard222Posted 11/18/2013 2:06:24 PM
Major Nelson:

"Some of the games are doing that, but what we found out is that gamers certainly want to take their game with them but they just don’t want to have the same exact screen shrunk down for a lot of different reasons, you know, the horsepower of Xbox One is there and not on your mobile phone."

"So it’s how can you stay connected, maybe you’re helping your team in a multiplayer match by spotting things… doing some real simplistic things on a phone that the touch interface really contributes to, so lot of our developers are doing things like that."

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/18/major-nelson-on-xbox-one-and-smartglass-gamers-dont-want-to-have-the-same-screen-shrunk-down/
---
Currently Playing: L.A. Noire (PS3); Chrono Cross; LOZ: Twilight Princess (Wii)
Latest Platinum: Alpha Protocol (11/15/13)
#2TreGoodaPosted 11/18/2013 2:07:44 PM
I think it's a cool feature and there are definitely gamers that would get a lot of use out of this, I'm not one of them though.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#3SoulTrapperPosted 11/18/2013 2:09:12 PM
I'm confused by MSs messaging once again: first they said "power isn't important, it's about the games" and now they're saying power is important again?
#4AlexPumaPosted 11/18/2013 2:12:14 PM
Considering how poorly the Wii U is selling, I'm thinking gamers in general don't want second screens. DS and 3DS only sold as much as they have due to their large libraries, not because of the dual-screen nature of it.
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#5khardboredPosted 11/18/2013 2:13:52 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
I'm confused by MSs messaging once again: first they said "power isn't important, it's about the games" and now they're saying power is important again?

Don't take it out of context and twist it to fit your anit-agenda. Ok?
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
Playstation 3.5: Sameness Awaits
#6AarksharkPosted 11/18/2013 2:14:08 PM
AlexPuma posted...
Considering how poorly the Wii U is selling, I'm thinking gamers in general don't want second screens. DS and 3DS only sold as much as they have due to their large libraries, not because of the dual-screen nature of it.

I thought that this was more about the PSVita's Remote Play (PS4) than the WiiU.
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!
#7lilj812Posted 11/18/2013 2:15:47 PM
AlexPuma posted...

The large library is a direct benefit of the dual screen. The library didn't come before the dual screens lol, the dual screens were made and games were made for it, lots of games, lots of GOOD games. Lots of people then bought it, meaning more devs jumped on board and made more and more games.

You're logic of "the library sold the console" is absurd.
#8dementedlullabyPosted 11/18/2013 2:16:26 PM
No I don't agree. I love having off screen Wii U play. Vita remote play looks good but the PS4 doesn't have enough games for me just yet. I play the hell out of my 3DS. Sometimes my wife wants to watch TV and it's nice to lounge about and still be able to play the games I want without interrupting.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#9chrish909Posted 11/18/2013 2:16:44 PM
khardbored posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

Don't take it out of context and twist it to fit your anit-agenda. Ok?

Ms did stuff to him, just let him do what he has to to get better
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#10regsantotomasPosted 11/18/2013 2:18:01 PM
I think that this is the nice thing about having multiple consoles with unique solutions available to consumers. If you want that second screen, then it's there. If you don't, there are alternatives.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego