Do you agree with this? Major Nelson: X1 owners don't want second screens?

#21Dr WhoopassPosted 11/18/2013 3:33:13 PM
I agree with the Major, and if I didn't, I'd be buying PS4. My friend is selling his Vita for $50 since he never uses it, even tho the PS4 supports all that cool stuff. I would buy it, but I know I 'll never use it either.
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#22chrish909Posted 11/18/2013 3:37:02 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Major Nelson is bummed out because nobody bought Microsoft Surface and he hears great things about something actually popular: The Sony Vita and how it works with PS4.

Sony vita was an epic flop try again
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#23Cowboy082288Posted 11/18/2013 3:45:34 PM(edited)
Hmm I think this is a very interesting aspect of software development. Some programs just don't work well on a small screen, for example you would not want to try to use Excel on a smartphone, even if you had a K/M it just would not work well.

That being said I think Nelson is being way to dismissive of the remote play idea. I mean if I could say link a X1 controller up to a tablet and remote play my X1 games on my tablet....... SWEEEET.

My only problem with what sony is doing is that I have no interest in owning a Vita, and I would not buy one just for this feature. Other than that I think it is a cool feature.

I think Mr. Nelson is just trying to down play something a competitor is doing that they don't currently offer. My guess is that MS will eventually do something like this, we all know about the streaming Halo 4 onto a smart phone thing that MS demoed.

It's kinda like when Mark Cerny tried to downplay cloud services being integrated to support video games.

So really nothing to see, Companies think they are offering something better to the market than their competitors.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#24DK DeathKnightPosted 11/18/2013 3:44:06 PM
Im pretty sure alot of people picked up a Vita when the PS4 came out and they realize that Remote Play actually worked alot better than people expected. Im one of them.

It doesent have to beat Nintendo in the handheld department, it just has to give Nintendo competition and grab a piece of the pie instead of Nintendo having 100% of the handheld console market. Having a piece of the pie is better than not having pie at all.

If Xbox Fans dont want second screens, its ok, just give them more dudebro FPS, be done with it, and they will be happy.
---
PSN: SkyDivider / SC2: Takeuchi (729)
Playing: Nothing, waiting for PS4.
#25EllesarienPosted 11/18/2013 4:04:35 PM
DK DeathKnight posted...
Im pretty sure alot of people picked up a Vita when the PS4 came out and they realize that Remote Play actually worked alot better than people expected. Im one of them.

It doesent have to beat Nintendo in the handheld department, it just has to give Nintendo competition and grab a piece of the pie instead of Nintendo having 100% of the handheld console market. Having a piece of the pie is better than not having pie at all.

If Xbox Fans dont want second screens, its ok, just give them more dudebro FPS, be done with it, and they will be happy.

Believe me...if we all want more 'dudebros' FPS's we will buy a PS4.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#26DK DeathKnightPosted 11/18/2013 4:18:53 PM
Ellesarien posted...

Believe me...if we all want more 'dudebros' FPS's we will buy a PS4.

I would believe you, if it wasent for last 2 gens proving you wrong. PC/XBox/FPS have been going hand in hand in hand since Xbox 1.
---
PSN: SkyDivider / SC2: Takeuchi (729)
Playing: Nothing, waiting for PS4.