Poll: MSFT was right to keep using AA batteries for controllers

#1backguard222Posted 11/18/2013 3:19:01 PM
Did MSFT make the right decision by keeping AA battery powered controllers? - Results (739 votes)
Yes.
37.62% (278 votes)
No.
62.38% (461 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic.
---
Currently Playing: L.A. Noire (PS3); Chrono Cross; LOZ: Twilight Princess (Wii)
Latest Platinum: Alpha Protocol (11/15/13)
#2rubberGasketPosted 11/18/2013 3:20:57 PM
They should have made the play and charge kit standard. No internal battery like Sony though.
---
If I don't reply to your post it's because I have you on my ignore list.
#3richboy900Posted 11/18/2013 3:22:00 PM
Yeah definitely
#4DamnEvilDogPosted 11/18/2013 3:24:33 PM
I agree that the play and charge kit should be slandered for $59.99 instead of more.

At the very least I believe the battery life is going to be good, unlike the PS4 controller, it is reported to only last 7 hours... which bothered me because I was going to get one for PC gaming along with an extra Xbox One controller (already gotten)
#5Reel_Big_MikePosted 11/18/2013 3:31:05 PM
Absolutely correct. This way you have the choice to just use rechargeable batteries if you want to, and in the rare instance something were to happen to the batteries in your controller, you wouldn't need to replace the entire controller.
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.
#6dcustrikerPosted 11/18/2013 5:37:05 PM
Call me a PS4 fan boy...but this thread really seems to bring out the idiocy in Xbox fans...it's 2013! Every device I get comes with rechargeable batteries for it! Who wants to keep buying AA batteries and go through the experience of you controller dying on you mid game >.>. This should come standard with the console...

I mean I'm getting an Xbox myself, but I definitely despise that for 500 dollars I'm still not getting rechargeable controllers without paying an extra 25 bucks for it....
#7KodegaPosted 11/18/2013 5:47:40 PM
dcustriker posted...
Call me a PS4 fan boy...but this thread really seems to bring out the idiocy in Xbox fans...it's 2013! Every device I get comes with rechargeable batteries for it! Who wants to keep buying AA batteries and go through the experience of you controller dying on you mid game >.>. This should come standard with the console...

I mean I'm getting an Xbox myself, but I definitely despise that for 500 dollars I'm still not getting rechargeable controllers without paying an extra 25 bucks for it....

You could just use standard rechargeable AA. It's what I did for the 360, I just swap them out when I need to. I only use regular AA when I forget to charge a set and the other runs out.
---
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
#8PannerPosted 11/18/2013 5:50:29 PM
Or they could have used the internal battery that Nintendo uses in the Pro Controller that lasts roughly 80 hours.
---
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter PSN Firegor
#9Cowboy082288Posted 11/18/2013 5:50:40 PM
I always look at it this way. Would I want the remote control for my TV and cable box to have a built in rechargeable battery or run on AA/AAA batteries? Well I want batteries for that, I want the same thing for my console.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#10jammiesPosted 11/18/2013 5:54:11 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
I always look at it this way. Would I want the remote control for my TV and cable box to have a built in rechargeable battery or run on AA/AAA batteries? Well I want batteries for that, I want the same thing for my console.

If my gamepads used as little power as a TV/cable box remote, I would too. That's not the case though.

---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx