Poll: MSFT was right to keep using AA batteries for controllers

#41RybalPosted 11/19/2013 6:52:43 AM
DamnEvilDog posted...
I agree that the play and charge kit should be slandered for $59.99 instead of more.

At the very least I believe the battery life is going to be good, unlike the PS4 controller, it is reported to only last 7 hours... which bothered me because I was going to get one for PC gaming along with an extra Xbox One controller (already gotten)

Don't you have to have the PS4 controller plugged in anyway for it to work for your PC?

Anyway, even though the PS4's USB cable is really short, USB extension cables are pretty cheap. The same cable could also be used for an Xbox One, if that's what you are using. I may be odd, but I don't really care about wireless and am willing to have a small cable coming from elsewhere, especially a small cable that can be plugged into any USB port.
---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade
#42cpcjlc3Posted 11/19/2013 6:55:57 AM
dcustriker posted...
Call me a PS4 fan boy...but this thread really seems to bring out the idiocy in Xbox fans...it's 2013! Every device I get comes with rechargeable batteries for it! Who wants to keep buying AA batteries and go through the experience of you controller dying on you mid game >.>. This should come standard with the console...

I mean I'm getting an Xbox myself, but I definitely despise that for 500 dollars I'm still not getting rechargeable controllers without paying an extra 25 bucks for it....

Honestly, if you are dumb enough to keep buying standard AA batteries instead of buying rechargeable AA batteries then I pity you.
#43x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 11/19/2013 6:56:20 AM
Buy some Sanyo Eneloop batteries and be happy.
#44vashtrichamPosted 11/19/2013 6:59:25 AM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...

Already bought a few of these and the battery life is nothing great. Lasts only a few hours longer then The 360 play and charge kit i was not impressed
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#45dnmtPosted 11/19/2013 7:03:38 AM(edited)
Lapanui posted...
I use AA rechargeable batteries and battery packs. I keep some on charge while I use the others. I've had them for years.

Saves me having to go out and buy a second controller.

I also thought people preferred to have choices than being forced to use one thing. Isn't that what the PS4 controller does, forces you to use the internal battery and doesn't give you the option to use rechargeable battery packs or rechargeable AA's?

That's because the internal battery thing is extremely convenient and simple to use and doesn't require extra costs or accessories and lasts you for years. It's just better in every way, you might as well be asking why iPhones and iPads don't run on batteries too.
#46DionysusPosted 11/19/2013 7:06:05 AM
vashtricham posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...

Already bought a few of these and the battery life is nothing great. Lasts only a few hours longer then The 360 play and charge kit i was not impressed
So, they are about the same price, last longer, and allow you to swap out rather than tethering your controller, and you're not impressed.
#47x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 11/19/2013 7:08:43 AM
vashtricham posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...

My Play n Charge Kits died within days. I can get the Eneloops to last week's. Plus they have an 1800 count charge cycle and don't lose their charge even when sitting for for long periods without use. I'm talking years here not days.
#48Enix BelmontPosted 11/19/2013 7:12:47 AM
rubberGasket posted...
They should have made the play and charge kit standard. No internal battery like Sony though.

This. I prefer it to sony's internal battery, I lost 2 PS3 controllers that way. But It should at least come with a play and charge kit.
---
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.
#49PrinceMedionPosted 11/19/2013 7:13:10 AM
I can't believe people still believe they did this to give you a 'choice' its all BS, all they want is to sell you new Play and charge kits (which are even more expensive now!) for your controllers instead of doing the smart thing and just packing in a built in battery like PS3 did... like PS4 did...

If they wanted to give people the 'option' then they could have least made every controller come with a P+C kit as the standard and let you decide what they wanted but we all know why they didn't, because Microsoft is so obviously greedy and they know they can get away with it, just like how they've made Gold a paywall in order to use almost any of the features of the X1.

The sad part is how all of the X1 fans just let them get away with it :\
---
3DS FC 0731-4747-6981 PM me if you add me.
#50BassnaPosted 11/19/2013 7:14:14 AM
So glad they stuck with double A. If people are complaining about having to keep buying batterys....then good....people like you deserve to buy battery's constantly. Ever heard of rechargable?
---
XBL = Bassna OG