How many characters does Killer Instinct have?

#11Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 8:09:24 PM
cheezedadada posted...
Wait, you get all of that for ONLY $20?

I am not really a fan of fighting games to be honest, but I think for that value you cant really pass it up. Thanks for selling me on this TC :)

No probs, cheeze. =]

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#12AarksharkPosted 11/18/2013 8:10:57 PM
cheezedadada posted...

I am not really a fan of fighting games to be honest, but I think for that value you cant really pass it up. Thanks for selling me on this TC :)

Value?
Save the $20, wait for 2014, acquire $40 more, buy JJASB when in releases in NA.
32 characters.

Oh.
Wait.
That was a joke post.
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!
#13cheezedadadaPosted 11/18/2013 8:12:36 PM
Laylow12 posted...
cheezedadada posted...

No probs, cheeze. =]

*high five*
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#14cheezedadadaPosted 11/18/2013 8:13:27 PM
Aarkshark posted...
cheezedadada posted...

Value?
Save the $20, wait for 2014, acquire $40 more, buy JJASB when in releases in NA.
32 characters.

Oh.
Wait.
That was a joke post.

Heh, appreciate the information though.
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#15mike468Posted 11/18/2013 8:21:25 PM(edited)
There are technically 9 characters.

6 at launch (jago, orchid, thunder, Glacius, Saberwolf. And Sadira). Jago is free with the demo, everyone else is either $5 or $20 for all of them. 2 more will be added as dlc by March 2014 (spinal and Fulgore) and are included in the $20 price if you buy that package. There is also shadow jago, which is currently just an exclusive skin for buying a Day 1 edition XBL Gold membership. He will be turned into his own character with an entirely different move set at some point down the line.

There will also be a $40 edition of the game that also includes an arcade port of KI1, accessories and classic costumes for all the characters.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#16AarksharkPosted 11/18/2013 8:20:46 PM
mike468 posted...
He will be turned into his own character with an entirely different move set at some point down the line.

I don't think that's confirmed. They've discussed it, but that's all.
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!
#17mike468Posted 11/18/2013 8:23:59 PM
Aarkshark posted...
mike468 posted...
He will be turned into his own character with an entirely different move set at some point down the line.

I don't think that's confirmed. They've discussed it, but that's all.

They said they intend to down the line. Most likely around season 2 (fall 2014). They have a ton of stuff the want to add to the game. Shadow jago has his own story they said and he even has a completely different audio track for his character.

Watch Max's video about it.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board