Rev3Games's review of DR3 seems fair, I think. What do you think?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Rev3Games's review of DR3 seems fair, I think. What do you think?

User Info: ImThe8thWonder

ImThe8thWonder
3 years ago#1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2x6xAheJgo

Review by Tara Long.
The Xbox One board: Where people don't believe that objective superiority for consoles exist but will attack you on your general opinions if they disagree.

User Info: ironmaidenfan70

ironmaidenfan70
3 years ago#2
Mmmmm red
I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too.-Mitch Hedberg

User Info: Troll_Directory

Troll_Directory
3 years ago#3
same score as their kz review. interesting.

ImThe8thWonder
3 years ago#4
Troll_Directory posted...
same score as their kz review. interesting.

Indeed.
The Xbox One board: Where people don't believe that objective superiority for consoles exist but will attack you on your general opinions if they disagree.

User Info: The-Quaker

The-Quaker
3 years ago#5
People gave Tara so much crap for the review. I thought it was fair. The DR franchise has never really been the greatest in the first place. I always found the series mediocre at best. The co-op does make it better though.

User Info: death cloud

death cloud
3 years ago#6
Sometimes you have to review a game within the lens it was created. She didn't.

She uses the word "Banal" to describe the plot in the first 2 minutes. It's pretty easy to see that she wasn't going to assign it a score greater than 3 stars right at that moment. The game is pure, crystallized camp.

Dead rising to me is always a series that is going to run in that 75-80 score range. I thought she was a tad low.
Let's all try to be nice.

ImThe8thWonder
3 years ago#7
death cloud posted...

She uses the word "Banal" to describe the plot in the first 2 minutes. It's pretty easy to see that she wasn't going to assign it a score greater than 3 stars right at that moment. The game is pure, crystallized camp.

Dead rising to me is always a series that is going to run in that 75-80 score range. I thought she was a tad low.

Though story isn't something that should matter for DR, she had a point about the humor and the dark tone.

User Info: death cloud

death cloud
3 years ago#8
ImThe8thWonder posted...
death cloud posted...

Though story isn't something that should matter for DR, she had a point about the humor and the dark tone.

Fair assessment. I just don't think reviewing the story on DR3 is worth it. It's akin to watching a Michael Bay movie and expecting a nuanced assessment of the human condition. You're going to end up disappointed, why bother?

Sometimes you have to enjoy the ride.
Let's all try to be nice.
(message deleted)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Rev3Games's review of DR3 seems fair, I think. What do you think?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived