Rev3Games's review of DR3 seems fair, I think. What do you think?

#1ImThe8thWonderPosted 11/18/2013 8:56:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2x6xAheJgo

Review by Tara Long.
---
The Xbox One board: Where people don't believe that objective superiority for consoles exist but will attack you on your general opinions if they disagree.
#2ironmaidenfan70Posted 11/18/2013 8:57:27 PM
Mmmmm red
---
I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too.-Mitch Hedberg
#3Troll_DirectoryPosted 11/18/2013 8:57:56 PM
same score as their kz review. interesting.
#4ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 8:59:14 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
same score as their kz review. interesting.

Indeed.
---
The Xbox One board: Where people don't believe that objective superiority for consoles exist but will attack you on your general opinions if they disagree.
#5The-QuakerPosted 11/18/2013 9:11:08 PM
People gave Tara so much crap for the review. I thought it was fair. The DR franchise has never really been the greatest in the first place. I always found the series mediocre at best. The co-op does make it better though.
#6death cloudPosted 11/18/2013 9:16:48 PM
Sometimes you have to review a game within the lens it was created. She didn't.

She uses the word "Banal" to describe the plot in the first 2 minutes. It's pretty easy to see that she wasn't going to assign it a score greater than 3 stars right at that moment. The game is pure, crystallized camp.

Dead rising to me is always a series that is going to run in that 75-80 score range. I thought she was a tad low.
---
Let's all try to be nice.
#7ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 9:19:00 PM
death cloud posted...

She uses the word "Banal" to describe the plot in the first 2 minutes. It's pretty easy to see that she wasn't going to assign it a score greater than 3 stars right at that moment. The game is pure, crystallized camp.

Dead rising to me is always a series that is going to run in that 75-80 score range. I thought she was a tad low.

Though story isn't something that should matter for DR, she had a point about the humor and the dark tone.
---
#8death cloudPosted 11/18/2013 9:24:21 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
death cloud posted...

Though story isn't something that should matter for DR, she had a point about the humor and the dark tone.

Fair assessment. I just don't think reviewing the story on DR3 is worth it. It's akin to watching a Michael Bay movie and expecting a nuanced assessment of the human condition. You're going to end up disappointed, why bother?

Sometimes you have to enjoy the ride.
---
Let's all try to be nice.
#9ryugambaPosted 11/18/2013 9:30:06 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10straymatterPosted 11/18/2013 9:30:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]