Keep thinking of switching to PS4 BUT...

#11jamieb24(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 10:15:13 PM
lol obviously bounty hunter
#12bountyhunterS9Posted 11/18/2013 10:17:05 PM
I figured. Rudeness is epidemic on these boards. Anyways back to your main point. There are going to be some MMO's on the Xbox One. Elder Scrolls online will be on there. I'm sure some stupid Final fantasy MMO will be there. Destiny I've heard is kind of MMOish.
#13RussellGorallPosted 11/18/2013 10:18:15 PM
More Powerful Console

Cheaper

No Worries About Big Brother, sort of ?
---
The better you look, the more you'll see.
PSN - honkayjeezus
#14Golden MavenPosted 11/18/2013 10:21:50 PM
As cool as the multi-tasking is on the XBox, I'm kinda ahead of that. All my console gaming happens right next to my computer, just so I start browsing when waiting for matchmaking or whatever else.

Still, I don't think people realize just how significant multi-tasking on a console is. We're not gaming on simple, instant cartridge systems anymore, there's waiting involved nowadays.

People gaming on TVs will appreciate it immensely, no doubt.
#15R-ZoroPosted 11/18/2013 10:23:26 PM
Im trying to decide which to get as well. I really want a PS4 for Planetside 2, but the only games I want besides AC4 on PS4 are FPS. I feel like I will get burnt out so quickly if all I play is say CoD, Killzone, BF4, etc.
---
3DS FC: 2921-9185-6888 Brad
#16bountyhunterS9Posted 11/18/2013 10:23:36 PM
RussellGorall posted...
More Powerful Console

Cheaper

PS3 was more powerful than Xbox 360 and what good did it do in the long run? Not a lot. There were only a few games that could actually push that system to its limits. They looked great, but none of the multi plats were better on ps3.

The Xbox One, in my opinion, is going to be a more fun system to have around. I'm hoping this generation will last a long time like the last one. I feel like the Xbox One has more opportunities to evolve with time. PS4 is a great gaming machine, but that's all it is, a gaming machine. The Xbox One is not only going to be a great gaming machine too, but so much more with the integration of the new Kinect.
#17Golden MavenPosted 11/18/2013 10:30:11 PM
bountyhunterS9 posted...
PS3 was more powerful than Xbox 360 and what good did it do in the long run?

It helped to cure cancer!
#18Xuande12Posted 11/18/2013 11:07:56 PM
bountyhunterS9 posted...
RussellGorall posted...
More Powerful Console

Cheaper

PS3 was more powerful than Xbox 360 and what good did it do in the long run? Not a lot. There were only a few games that could actually push that system to its limits. They looked great, but none of the multi plats were better on ps3.

The Xbox One, in my opinion, is going to be a more fun system to have around. I'm hoping this generation will last a long time like the last one. I feel like the Xbox One has more opportunities to evolve with time. PS4 is a great gaming machine, but that's all it is, a gaming machine. The Xbox One is not only going to be a great gaming machine too, but so much more with the integration of the new Kinect.

Well it IS different this time around as the PS4 is simple to develop for while the PS3 was like trying to decipher an ancient code just to get a simple task done. However the graphical difference between the PS4 and One will be so marginal that it will look great on either system.
---
RIP Rainbow Six (1998-2004).
#19bountyhunterS9Posted 11/18/2013 11:11:25 PM
Xuande12 posted...
bountyhunterS9 posted...
RussellGorall posted...
More Powerful Console

Cheaper

Well it IS different this time around as the PS4 is simple to develop for while the PS3 was like trying to decipher an ancient code just to get a simple task done. However the graphical difference between the PS4 and One will be so marginal that it will look great on either system.

You're absolutely right. I watched the battlefield 4 side by side comparison and if they weren't labeled you wouldn't know which was which.
---
"Rudeness is epidemic"
-Hannibal Lecter
#20dan77733Posted 11/18/2013 11:26:37 PM
Enjate posted...
I've been an Xbox gamer since the launch of the first console. In fact, I never even owned a PS2, ignored my PS1, and eventually sold my PS3 while keeping my 360 (my fourth one at that). This gen however I switched to PS4. I gotta say, it's a logical update to PS3, but that's about all it is right now. The controller is worlds better and they improved the interface a lot, but something about it still feels lacking to me.

Honestly, I feel a little buyer's remorse. I'd say if you want to keep your gamertag and achievements, you should probably just stick with the Xbox brand. For all the criticism they got, at least they tried to innovate (being able to sell digital games, Kinect commands, rumble triggers, etc). PS4 just feels like last gen with slightly shinier graphics so far. Though maybe that's all Xbox will end up being as well.

Sounds like you're better suited to be a PC gamer as opposed to a console gamer. PS2 was easily better than the original Xbox and one of the best consoles of all time. PSone was also great.

PS4 and Xbox One will BOTH be lacking for at least six months which shouldnt be a surprise to anyone considering that pretty much every console launch has the same problem. Released a year too early and no "must buy" games.

Those innovations arent innovations. Rumble triggers? I dont want the damn controller rumbling period and turn it off as soon as I get the console. Kinect, PS Move and the PS camera are all useless gimmicky crap. All of it should be canned. Being forced to pay an extra $100 for Kinect when I have no interest in it whatsoever was a horrible move by Microsoft. They need to stop forcing stuff on consumers and restricting them as thats not going to help them.

Sell digital games??? To who? Microsoft? For what, a few dollars which wasnt even going to be cash? Come on. Besides, the only digital games worth buying are XBLA and PSN games that arent on a retail disc.

I think that both consoles have average launch lineups disc based wise but the PSN games (including Indies) gives PS4 a slight edge. Neither though are worth buying at launch. I'm waiting until Watch Dogs comes out before buying a PS4 and Xbox One all depends on if Microsoft releases the console without Kinect packed in eventually. Funny thing is that for me, both consoles only have one exclusive that I want to buy and play....Knack for PS4 and Ryse for Xbox One. Have no interest in any of the other retail exclusives.

I'm happy with my PS3 and 360 right now. No reason to upgrade. Was going to but the Watch Dogs delay plus not having the money changed that. Better idea is to wait, at least for me anyway because once the novelty of the console wears off, its just going to sit there and collect dust until games that I want to play come out. One retail game isnt worth the investment. When there's at least 3-5 retail games plus downloadable games, then the investment is worth it.

If you feel that way though about your PS4, sell it on ebay.