UPS said my Xbox1 was shipped next day air

#1xTheCEOxPosted 11/18/2013 8:20:21 PM
So I got my email a few hrs ago from Microsoft saying my X1 has been shipped and gave me the UPS tracking number. Now the UPS site shows the order but said something along the lines of the info will be updated shortly once they create a shipping label. My question is it shows that UPS Next Day Air was used. Has anyone on here gotten theirs early? I don't see how Microsoft will allow the console to be delivered early. I know some people got lucky with Amazon but this is different. Next day air items are to be delivered by end of business on the next day of course and its Monday now obviously so what gives?
---
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent
#2segamaster316Posted 11/18/2013 8:26:17 PM
There were a few people who claimed they gotten shipping emails or whatnot but I haven't seen any of them in here today saying they received their systems or that tracking shows they'll be delivered tomorrow.
---
Who do you think you are, I am!
#3Donuts_R_GoodPosted 11/18/2013 8:28:22 PM
Why is everyone's order using Next Day Air? Mine's using ground :(
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#4outcast1398Posted 11/18/2013 8:32:10 PM
MS or any retailer for that matter can generate the shipping label which generates the tracking number, which prob triggers the transaction and the email. UPS won't deliver until MS gives it to them for pickup.

It sounded promising for a few Sunday when the topics were posted but they probably won't be picked up until Wed or Thurs.
#5ShuraYukihimePosted 11/18/2013 8:33:28 PM
This just means the info has been created for the shipment. The item itself has not shipped. It likely won't until near the end of the week.
---
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.
#6SoD_ShadowFallPosted 11/18/2013 8:42:16 PM
I am in this boat. You get that, then when the status of the order on the Microsoft page says complete, the tracking info will be updated to say "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

I was charged on Friday of last week. And then this morning my tracking info updated to saying a shipping label has been created. Microsoft said the earliest anyone would be receiving their xbox one is Wednesday, and I think that is just to make us feel good.
#7xTheCEOx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 8:45:07 PM
I signed on to my UPS account and a shipping label has not been created still but it does now show to expect delivery by tomorrow end of day. Weird. Anyways the launch games don't release until Friday so it doesn't matter anyways I guess
---
#8PortknoxPosted 11/18/2013 8:51:50 PM
I already purchased NBA 2k14 from gamestop so it's sitting here at home waiting for the console.

I got an email from MS that it shipped and had tracking since saturday night but since then no update. I wouldn't mind getting it on thursday.

Fingers crossed...
#9capnhowdy18Posted 11/18/2013 9:02:25 PM
I posted this in another thread, but I worked in shipping before, this is how it works.

Amazon/MS/Whoever has just processed the shipping for your order. They may have even created a label for it, boxed it all up and got the shipment ready. UPS hasn't picked it up and thus hasn't scanned it. Amazon/MS/Whoever will eventually give it to ups when they think it arrive at the right time. At that point ups will scan it, and you'll see updates in the tracking.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/capnhowdy64
#10xTheCEOx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 9:05:40 PM
Thanks for all the input
---