I always here Vgcharts is inaccurate on here...

#1Dev445Posted 11/18/2013 9:25:34 PM
Is there a place that's better for preorders and sales and such?
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#2Golden MavenPosted 11/18/2013 9:27:34 PM
I never understand how people came about to that conclusion. I understand a lot of people just parrot what they hear (ironically the same people going on about surveillance conspiracy theories). Where did that rumour come from?
#3Dr WhoopassPosted 11/18/2013 9:28:45 PM
And much like most of what you "here" on GameFAQs, it's total bull****.
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#4Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 9:32:00 PM
Golden Maven posted...
I never understand how people came about to that conclusion. I understand a lot of people just parrot what they hear (ironically the same people going on about surveillance conspiracy theories). Where did that rumour come from?

I don't know I was just going by word to mouth. People always claiming Vgcharts is false.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#5Cowboy082288Posted 11/18/2013 9:43:21 PM
I would imagine they maintain a certain level of accuracy. The web site is fine and all but I think they also sale a more robust version/software to investors, businesses ect. As seen here:

http://www.vgchartz.com/pro/

Besides I don't know of any place better for this kind of info.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#6Cowboy082288Posted 11/18/2013 9:50:40 PM
Well ok let me say that again. I don't know of any place better that is free. I mean Wedbush Securities can help clients with this sort of stuff, that's where Michael Pachter works. But you gotta pay for that sorta thing.
---
#7Xuande12Posted 11/18/2013 9:53:41 PM
Seems like the logistics of pre-orders and the ability to tell how many there are would be hard enough as is. BF4 has only sold 300k on the 360? That's hard to believe.
---
RIP Rainbow Six (1998-2004).
#8Cowboy082288Posted 11/18/2013 9:58:59 PM
Xuande12 posted...
Seems like the logistics of pre-orders and the ability to tell how many there are would be hard enough as is. BF4 has only sold 300k on the 360? That's hard to believe.

I'm sorry you lost me there, were they saying only 300K units were pre-ordered or sold? Or do you mean the chart on their current home page? That current thing is just what it sold this week, if you click it it will show what it sold total on the X360
---
#9kayoticdreamzPosted 11/18/2013 10:20:58 PM
it is known to be inaccurate but it is then again the best we have so its really vgcharts or nothing.

so people saying LOL VGCHARTZ!!! are stupid because there is no other source and truthfully any kind of statistics is prone to inaccuracy....they are pretty good once something has been out for awhile but like anything involving sales predictions it is mostly a crapshoot.
#10Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 11:06:39 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
I would imagine they maintain a certain level of accuracy. The web site is fine and all but I think they also sale a more robust version/software to investors, businesses ect. As seen here:

http://www.vgchartz.com/pro/

Besides I don't know of any place better for this kind of info.

Hmm... So this is really all that gamers have to go on?
---