March Mayhem battle TitanFall Vs. Infamous Second Son

#21MannerHatcheryPosted 11/19/2013 12:19:22 AM
Impossible for me to vote on that, reeeaaally looking forward to both.
#22streamjumperPosted 11/19/2013 12:33:37 AM
Rlaur2 posted...
Realistically probably Second Son due to PS4 having the higher install base. The percentage of Xbox One owners buying TitanFall will be higher than the percentage of PS4 owners buying Second Son, however.

Realistically?

Second Son = PS4 first year install base.

Titanfall = X1 first year install base + PC install base + people willing to stick it out on the 360.

That's for sales. Titanfall was already raking in the awards at shows and has lots of people salivating, including some dedicated PS4 fans.

That's sales (potentially by a landslide) and a good shot at reviews.
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
#23InjusticeRebornPosted 11/19/2013 12:52:41 AM
While Infamous has always intrigued me - I loved that 'era' in gaming where we got to play as mutants in city sandbox games, Infamous didn't grab me, Prototype did. (or at least the first one). Second Son does look brilliant, and is set to carry on that great idea, but I feel like it'll have the same effect the previous 2 did before it.

So in that sense, Titanfall > Infamous: Second Son

If anything, I'll get I:SS on the cheap to see if it does what the others before it couldn't. I hope they both do really well though.
#24DK DeathKnightPosted 11/19/2013 1:00:40 AM
streamjumper posted...
Rlaur2 posted...
Realistically probably Second Son due to PS4 having the higher install base. The percentage of Xbox One owners buying TitanFall will be higher than the percentage of PS4 owners buying Second Son, however.

Realistically?

Second Son = PS4 first year install base.

Titanfall = X1 first year install base + PC install base + people willing to stick it out on the 360.

That's for sales. Titanfall was already raking in the awards at shows and has lots of people salivating, including some dedicated PS4 fans.

That's sales (potentially by a landslide) and a good shot at reviews.

Going to have to agree with this guy.
---
PSN: SkyDivider / SC2: Takeuchi (729)
Playing: Nothing, waiting for PS4.
#25Grenade LauncherPosted 11/19/2013 1:02:45 AM(edited)
In total? Titanfall.
Next gen only? Infamous.

Being a multiplayer-only Brink with mechs will hurt it, and a lot of people who want to play Titanfall will be able to do so without touching the Xbone.
---
Herp Derp Merp Blerp
Grenade launcher is quality too. - Okikurmi
#26h12456208Posted 11/19/2013 1:01:55 AM
If you factor in XB 360 and XBone sales than Titanfall will sell more. If its just XBone Titanfall vs Infamous then i would say infamour.
---
"The blackest eyes. The Devil's Eyes"
- Dr. Loomis - HalloweeN
#27jZangetsu21Posted 11/19/2013 2:04:18 AM
You can't really compare these two games. They're not even in the same genre.
#28dnmtPosted 11/19/2013 2:32:13 AM
I'd vote for Titanfall overall but plan to play it on PC.
#29aray48Posted 11/19/2013 2:43:52 AM
*Puts on FlameShield*

I don't see the magic of TitanFall. Sure, it has people, it has mechs, and it is multiplayer. It looks fun and I will certainly buy it for PC, but nothing mind blowingly awesome like everyone seems to believe everywhere I go. I am not a Playstation fanboy, but I do love me some Infamous. And Second Son seems to have really interesting smoke powers, as well as the ability to gain new power sets. It will be a game that I will undoubtedly sink hours into and love.

I am sure I will love Titanfall too, but I think comparing these two games will get you nowhere. No one will really dislike the other game much, and one is strictly singleplayer while the other is multiplayer.
#30VanderZooPosted 11/19/2013 2:50:21 AM
If Titanfall were an XB1 exclusive I think for sure it would have sold better than inFAMOUS, but given that's it's also on PC and 360, I'm not so sure it will. For example I probably won't have a XB1 (or PS4) by March, but I can still get Titanfall on PC.

I personally am more interested in inFAMOUS though, but Titanfall still looks awesome.
---
http://abload.de/img/isstfx6z.gif