Xbox One Smartglass App released (currently WP8)

#11BurgerNogPosted 11/19/2013 7:03:44 AM
Is this an update you're referring to? I've had the Xbox SmartGlass for iOS for quite sometime now. It's worked...sorta...with some 360 games. I'm interested to see it implemented more into the Xbox One Experience.
---
--Being too stupid to know who's dumb is worse.--
#12x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 11/19/2013 7:05:45 AM
Bigdaddy422 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
yanksfan4247 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
yanksfan4247 posted...
Looks like they started rolling out X1 Smartglass for WP8. I'm guessing Android and iOS coming sometime today or tomorrow.

Source: The Verge http://t.co/IdxSur69Fu

But nobody has WP8.

At least 10m WP8 sold within the last 4 months bruh. And I'm typing on one right now.

I was making a joke. Like when MS fanboys claim ps4 has no games yet there are currently 24 games available.

Shouldnt you be playing those games instead of trolling here?

I dont get it. You have gotten next gen early and you would rather sit here flaming a console your not getting.

You wont find me on this board once Xbox One comes in. Ill be to busy playing DR3, KI, BF4 and so on.

I have my PS4 now and I'm getting my Xbox One on Friday. Can I flame Xbox One just to be part of the "in" crowd? ;)

Only typing this because I'm at work with no access to my PS4. :(
#13TheGam3925Posted 11/19/2013 7:06:23 AM
Bigdaddy422 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
yanksfan4247 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
yanksfan4247 posted...
Looks like they started rolling out X1 Smartglass for WP8. I'm guessing Android and iOS coming sometime today or tomorrow.

Source: The Verge http://t.co/IdxSur69Fu

But nobody has WP8.

At least 10m WP8 sold within the last 4 months bruh. And I'm typing on one right now.

I was making a joke. Like when MS fanboys claim ps4 has no games yet there are currently 24 games available.

Shouldnt you be playing those games instead of trolling here?

I dont get it. You have gotten next gen early and you would rather sit here flaming a console your not getting.

You wont find me on this board once Xbox One comes in. Ill be to busy playing DR3, KI, BF4 and so on.

I should be playing my non existent ps4 games on my non existent ps4? Learn to take a joke, I hope I didn't hurt your feelings.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#14REAL_kielbasaPosted 11/19/2013 7:07:15 AM
There has been a Smart Glass on iOS App Store for a while. Is there a separate app for the X1?

Re: Windows Phone 8, it's a damn good OS and Nokia has some of the best smartphone hardware on the market (EASILY the best cameras you can get in a smartphone). I will definitely consider WP8 when my contract is up in a year.
---
Ponies GTFO
#15x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 11/19/2013 7:09:26 AM
REAL_kielbasa posted...
There has been a Smart Glass on iOS App Store for a while. Is there a separate app for the X1?

Re: Windows Phone 8, it's a damn good OS and Nokia has some of the best smartphone hardware on the market (EASILY the best cameras you can get in a smartphone). I will definitely consider WP8 when my contract is up in a year.

Windows Phone 8 is lacking in applications last time I checked. Even basic applications that you would expect are just now starting to make their way over to WP8. Otherwise its a decent OS but I'm an Android junkie.
#16bob15xPosted 11/19/2013 7:13:36 AM
jon davis posted...
bob15x posted...
jon davis posted...
But didn't Major Herb say "gamers don't want second screen functions"?

no, that is not what he said.

He said that second screens are not something a lot of people are interested in.

That is not what he said. stop twisting things.

here is what he said.

"Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb was interviewed on a variety of topics by Forbes, and he talked about the Smartglass interaction between Xbox One and mobile devices, explaining that gamers simply don’t care for playing on the go with the same screen shrunk down (which seems to be a subtle jab to Sony’s remote play feature"

he is talking about playing console game and transferring it from your big screen down to small screen. Not about second screen functionality which is a completely different thing. Smart glass second screen is utilities to aid in the game on your big screen
#17REAL_kielbasaPosted 11/19/2013 7:15:27 AM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
REAL_kielbasa posted...

Windows Phone 8 is lacking in applications last time I checked. Even basic applications that you would expect are just now starting to make their way over to WP8. Otherwise its a decent OS but I'm an Android junkie.

Yeah I guess it depends what apps you use. Everything I use on iOS is available so WP8 would work fine for me.

What I like most about Windows Phone is how fast and responsive it is. Plus you can get Xbox live achievements from WP games.

P.s. I should've read the article more closely. They say they expect iOS and Android to have separate Xbox 1 Smartglass apps as well.
---
Ponies GTFO
#18ScRuiPosted 11/19/2013 7:16:10 AM
Is the app, different than the one that has been out?
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#19ScRuiPosted 11/19/2013 7:58:30 AM
Bump
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#20bob15xPosted 11/19/2013 8:45:15 AM
ScRui posted...
Is the app, different than the one that has been out?

yes. it is reworked and if you recall only the version on windows had any real in game application like with forza horizon. The iphone and android apps were more for messages and basic non ingame stats.