Is the Xbox One console on demo anywhere?

#1InsomniaGoddessPosted 11/19/2013 5:44:39 AM
Is it available to play at Best Buy or anything?
---
I know that I could never fall from grace; I'm far too clever.
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m374kruUEG1rnjfjfo1_500.gif
#2GnarKillsPosted 11/19/2013 6:49:56 AM
I want to know as well. All the Gamestops by me have demo stands set up but no controllers to be able to play them so it's a tease.
---
GT - GnarKills Currently Playing - GTA5, Madden 25, CoD Ghosts, Disney Infinity
Waiting for my Xbox One w/ Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and BF4!
#32ndAtomiskPosted 11/19/2013 6:56:31 AM
Supposedly only at Microsoft stores.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#4TheMuffinPosted 11/19/2013 7:04:16 AM
Only MS Stores and I believe 50 Best Buys. A bit concerning to be honest that they made it so hard for people to actually test/try out the thing before purchasing. Hopefully after release and when they can actually manufacture enough, more stores will get demo units.
---
SnowFox7 ~I heard him use the term 'tarantula downpour', which would actually have been significantly worse than the rain we had that day.
#5Blizz87Posted 11/19/2013 7:08:19 AM
I am not really suppose to say this, but I current got hired by a marketing firm who's client is Microsoft. There hired about 300 people to be at Best Buy stores all over the U.S this launch weekend letting people test out the system etc.
#6HorridhalPosted 11/19/2013 7:33:38 AM
Blizz87 posted...
I am not really suppose to say this, but I current got hired by a marketing firm who's client is Microsoft. There hired about 300 people to be at Best Buy stores all over the U.S this launch weekend letting people test out the system etc.

I really don't believe you.

@TC - According to the people I spoke to at different stores(who are not experts, just employees) that the reason there weren't any demo units was due to the day 1 patch.

Again, this is just what I was told. It made sense to me so I tend to believe it until I see evidence that it was for another reason.
---
Analogy of gamefaqs: Islands of logic floating in a sea of idiocy and childishness.
Have a real point please. Don't use personal attacks or emotions.
#7TheMuffinPosted 11/19/2013 8:17:02 AM
Horridhal posted...
Blizz87 posted...

@TC - According to the people I spoke to at different stores(who are not experts, just employees) that the reason there weren't any demo units was due to the day 1 patch.

Again, this is just what I was told. It made sense to me so I tend to believe it until I see evidence that it was for another reason.

But there are test units in a few locations like I stated above. So that answer doesn't make sense.
---
SnowFox7 ~I heard him use the term 'tarantula downpour', which would actually have been significantly worse than the rain we had that day.
#8HorridhalPosted 11/19/2013 11:47:42 AM
TheMuffin posted...
Horridhal posted...
Blizz87 posted...

But there are test units in a few locations like I stated above. So that answer doesn't make sense.

It would make sense to have units in the biggest markets(NYC, etc) that have been patched at MS and shipped specifically for that purpose. However, last I heard, the update for all the systems won't be live until the day of launch. This would mean smaller markets(my area for instance) wouldn't have tester units until launch day.

Again, it made logical sense to me when it was explained. Doesn't make it true and I never said it was.
---
Analogy of gamefaqs: Islands of logic floating in a sea of idiocy and childishness.
#9mindoftwomoronsPosted 11/19/2013 11:51:10 AM
TheMuffin posted...
A bit concerning to be honest that they made it so hard for people to actually test/try out the thing

I mean, it's not like they had a two month tour with the thing playable in multiple cities all over the country or anything.
---
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/monkeyofevil/aguwargrey.gif http://i.imgur.com/u2FewN1.gif
#10HorridhalPosted 11/19/2013 11:54:49 AM
mindoftwomorons posted...
TheMuffin posted...
A bit concerning to be honest that they made it so hard for people to actually test/try out the thing

I mean, it's not like they had a two month tour with the thing playable in multiple cities all over the country or anything.

It was confirmed through multiple sources that what was being played was a computer, not the Xbox One system.
---