2 day talk: Most memorable video game moment

#21TheM00dPosted 11/19/2013 7:39:59 AM
Halo 3. Finally reuniting with Cortana. "You found me." Plus that music still gives me chills.
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
Good example. I'm sure terrorists go around saying "terrorist" all the time where they live, let alone have kinects. - TBONE_OG
#22ElPolloDiablo87Posted 11/19/2013 7:42:49 AM
5th grade Goldeneye sleepovers.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#23PvtPorkSordPosted 11/19/2013 7:45:44 AM
Fallout 3 - child skeletons in the school.
#24xTeKNiQuEx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 8:02:54 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...

These are legendary.... can anyone count the hours they put into that game lol
---
XBL - x TeKniQuE o, Detroit Lions
Not Changing this sig till we get a remake of Final Fantasy 7. Started 01/01/12
#25JanpeiPosted 11/19/2013 8:06:18 AM
Out of all the great memories I've had playing games from NES all the way to the Xbox 360, the one moment that I remember just putting the controller down and just becoming completely absorbed would be this (mild spoiler):

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/NfapMy-mIXo/maxresdefault.jpg
---
The First to Fight: A NEW blog dedicated to combat sports, films, pro-wrestling, comics, and much more
http://thefirsttofight.wordpress.com/
#26kakarot-uchihaPosted 11/19/2013 8:08:54 AM
again can't choose. i love these topics.

castlevania-seeing then doing the barrel room first try.

turning the genesis on. going from my friends nes to sonic was holy s***

sf 1st fireball
#27masterchief6154Posted 11/19/2013 8:10:16 AM
Janpei posted...
Out of all the great memories I've had playing games from NES all the way to the Xbox 360, the one moment that I remember just putting the controller down and just becoming completely absorbed would be this (mild spoiler):

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/NfapMy-mIXo/maxresdefault.jpg

An excellent choice, and an excellent game memory.

This topic. So many feels, so many memories.
---
Excuse me, judge. I'm wouldn't be delinquint in my payments if they'd just raise my debt limit.
#28JanpeiPosted 11/19/2013 8:18:54 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...

Well, you just made me nostalgia hard with this one.

There are so many phases we went through with Goldeneye. When it first came out, my best friend at the time had it. Me, him, and his brother would play it almost every Friday after school. This was back in third grade.

My sophomore year of high school, I started hanging out with this senior in my gym class because he played DDR and we happened to have a mutual friend. He and I became good friends, and to this day, he's like a brother, but back then he introduced me to a group of guys who had house parties every Friday and Saturday. While there was the usual beer pong and music, they would all play Goldeneye a dollar a game, License to Kill rule set. We did this nearly every weekend from September until April it seemed.

My senior year most of those guys I had graduated with still lived in the area, but with them being 21 now, they stopped having parties and started going out. They'd have the occasional get together, but I never got to hook up with them like I did a couple of years ago. So I ended up joining Japanese club at school because my teacher kept convincing me it would be fun. I had no idea these fools basically spent every club meeting playing SSBM. This led to a conversation about the N64 and next thing I know, there we were playing Goldeneye every club meeting. When Japanese club ended, myself and five of the people in that club would walk from school to this one guy's house and would play in his basement every day after school.

Now I'm 25, have semi-serious job, graduating college. I couldn't tell you what happened to the guys in Japanese club nor have I spoken to the guy who was my best friend in third grade since like Freshman year of high school. That group who used to have house parties, though, we just recently had a reunion like five months ago and we played nothing but Goldeneye and Mario Kart.

Actually, just about a month ago one of the guys posted a photo of his N64 on Facebook and tagged all of us asking when we wanted it. Most of these guys are married and/or have kids now. I'm very appreciative to have met these people.
---
The First to Fight: A NEW blog dedicated to combat sports, films, pro-wrestling, comics, and much more
http://thefirsttofight.wordpress.com/
#29alexismynamexxPosted 11/19/2013 8:21:54 AM
Mercenaries, driving outta that plane with such an epic score in the background, right into the middle of an all out war. Pure. Gold.
#30StRealityPosted 11/19/2013 8:27:03 AM
masterchief6154 posted...
Ok, my last one. I could go on all day.

Pulling out the Master Sword in Ocarina of Time for the very first time. Don't think the atmosphere of a game ever made such an impact for me. Totally amazing.

This.
---
Xbox One Pre-ordered!
''La Li Lu Le Lo''