Balmer says to save Xbox in his farewell speech.

#1khardboredPosted 11/19/2013 1:23:06 PM
http://blogs.computerworld.com/management/23162/steve-balmers-farewell-message-microsoft-shareholders-save-bing-and-xbox
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#2khardbored(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 1:24:19 PM
The Xbox One, he said, is the fruit of Microsoft's strategy to unify devices and services, and called Xbox One "a reflection of what is possible when a company, our company, is unified under a common vision." As for Bing, he points out that it's more than just a search engine, and is a vital part of Microsoft's improving its Windows Azure cloud platform.

---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#3Thewinner14Posted 11/19/2013 1:25:45 PM
I guess there is some teeth to the rumors about it getting axed if Ballmer is bringing it up
---
6 Bible translations, 1 app: http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/
#4SoulTrapperPosted 11/19/2013 1:27:37 PM(edited)
I thought the news about Bing and Xbox being sold was just rumors and nothing major?
Didn't MS call it "a work of fiction"?
Now Balmer is addressing it in his farewell speech?

Seems like it is bigger than what some of the people here expected and there is truth to it.
#5Laylow12Posted 11/19/2013 1:28:13 PM
It's going to happen and i feel bad for anyone investing in XBOX to be left holding an empty bag.
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#6SoulTrapperPosted 11/19/2013 1:32:41 PM
It's pretty funny that he basically confirms what Microsoft themselves have tried to deny.

Guess no one told him they were trying to keep the news under the covers till after the xbox launch, poor guy.
#7EnclavePosted 11/19/2013 1:35:08 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
I thought the news about Bing and Xbox being sold was just rumors and nothing major?
Didn't MS call it "a work of fiction"?
Now Balmer is addressing it in his farewell speech?

Seems like it is bigger than what some of the people here expected and there is truth to it.

The same people who called for Ballmer to be booted out were calling for getting rid of Xbox and Bing. So yeah, as soon as Ballmer was booted it was rather obvious that the rumours about Bing and Xbox being at risk were confirmed then.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#8Laylow12Posted 11/19/2013 1:38:24 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
It's pretty funny that he basically confirms what Microsoft themselves have tried to deny.

Guess no one told him they were trying to keep the news under the covers till after the xbox launch, poor guy.

They're going to cut and run in roughly three years when its clear that PS4 is dominating and they've no hope of recovering. World-Wide is very negative towards Microsoft since they were caught in the NSA scandal and placing a camera and microphone connected to Microsoft in the living room isn't going to happen. North American sales should've been a grand slam for Microsoft but they managed to come in with inferior hardware and mandatory KINECT putting them in $500 price range.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#9Troll_DirectoryPosted 11/19/2013 1:38:39 PM
wow. even a stopped clock ...

balmer is a boob, but he's right about the xbox. i bet ms will never let it go. there are too many people who would have to say they were wrong, when they obviously weren't wrong.
#10Bigdaddy422Posted 11/19/2013 1:42:56 PM
I highly doubt they will axe Xbox as it makes a profit on each console out of the gate.