Balmer says to save Xbox in his farewell speech.

#121MRL3G3NDPosted 11/27/2013 1:12:40 PM
only the fanny boys were in denial there...if you look at it from a logical business perspective...it was very possible

however I am very surprised they sold 1mil consoles

I know they were sweating somewhere lol
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#122Ryan-06Posted 11/29/2013 1:38:41 AM
Balmer needs to lose weight. Kinect!
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.
http://i.minus.com/is8qElkJbGXle.gif
#123embrandedonePosted 11/29/2013 5:27:15 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
only the fanny boys were in denial there...if you look at it from a logical business perspective...it was very possible

however I am very surprised they sold 1mil consoles

I know they were sweating somewhere lol

They've been sweating since e3
---
An all digital future is readily available for PS4. If you wish to download your entire library digitally, you can and its without the anti-consumer bullcrap.
#124mike468Posted 11/29/2013 6:55:45 AM
Bigdaddy422 posted...
I highly doubt they will axe Xbox as it makes a profit on each console out of the gate.

If you read the article it's all about share holders and short term profit. "Share holder: "Lets sell bing and Xbox so we can get a 1% return on our invest, rather than a 1% loss for the year"

If they sell, MS is done IMO. They have nothing else to compete.Windows 8 and Windows mobile are so horrible, that they can't even give it away. Any company that buys Xbox is going to want to strip out the OS and UI and put their own in. They're not going to want to license Windows to use in the XBO.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#125dearestnightPosted 11/29/2013 7:37:12 AM
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEEDDDDD!!!

That is interesting though. Sounds like this went from rumor to internal conflict.
#126Thewinner14Posted 11/29/2013 7:41:09 AM
mike468 posted...
Bigdaddy422 posted...
I highly doubt they will axe Xbox as it makes a profit on each console out of the gate.

If you read the article it's all about share holders and short term profit. "Share holder: "Lets sell bing and Xbox so we can get a 1% return on our invest, rather than a 1% loss for the year"

If they sell, MS is done IMO. They have nothing else to compete.Windows 8 and Windows mobile are so horrible, that they can't even give it away. Any company that buys Xbox is going to want to strip out the OS and UI and put their own in. They're not going to want to license Windows to use in the XBO.

MS is far more than just Windows now, their productivity suite (Office, etc) is their big cash cow. Plus server software and Windows 9 undoubtedly is going to aim for businesses again.
---
6 Bible translations, 1 app: http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/
#127Omega_BlackPosted 11/29/2013 7:59:17 AM
Sega-Sammy confirmed buyer for Xbox brand in 2018?
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#128SoulTrapperPosted 11/29/2013 8:45:59 AM
mike468 posted...
Bigdaddy422 posted...

Oh no, the Office and Cloud servers are were the money is at right now.
It's why a lot of investors have been asking to focus on those things, the things that actually result in a decent profit.
#129XilithionPosted 11/29/2013 9:22:50 AM
That and the Military has the contracts with Microsoft for the OS and Office and they over pay for everything. I would think that is a huge chunk of income.
#130khardbored(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 9:32:42 AM
This topic should have died a natural death long ago. Now, it appears, the doomsayers have set up camp. Anyway, back to my Xbox I go.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */