For me, the problem isn't that Kinect is an extra $100.

#11ExempliGratiaPosted 11/19/2013 1:32:41 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
regsantotomas posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
regsantotomas posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
When Titanfall releases there will be $399 bundle w/o Kinect. Just wait for that.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

? You don't think MS will make a move when it's clear they are getting stomped? Kinect costs as much as the console itself, at $399 they are making huge profit. Don't think for a second they won't make the call. They will.

I think your hopes and prayers =/= reality.

See you when Titanfall releases. Don't whine about your $500 purchase when it does.

Dreams are real all you have to do is just believe.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#12regsantotomasPosted 11/19/2013 1:37:23 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...

See you when Titanfall releases. Don't whine about your $500 purchase when it does.

I will try - somehow to live with myself
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#13SythisTaruPosted 11/19/2013 1:39:02 PM
It's not our fault you are a moron.
#14Jiggy101011Posted 11/19/2013 1:39:12 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
regsantotomas posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
When Titanfall releases there will be $399 bundle w/o Kinect. Just wait for that.

? You don't think MS will make a move when it's clear they are getting stomped? Kinect costs as much as the console itself, at $399 they are making huge profit. Don't think for a second they won't make the call. They will.

What do you classify as stomped? Throw some numbers out there. If Microsoft sells over a million consoles is that still being stomped.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#15MilesTeg420Posted 11/19/2013 1:43:23 PM
Jiggy101011 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
regsantotomas posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...

What do you classify as stomped? Throw some numbers out there. If Microsoft sells over a million consoles is that still being stomped.

Microsoft will only report shipped numbers this holiday. Not sold through. So honestly anything they report should be taken with a grain of salt.

Anyway when NPD shows PS4 significantly ahead every month leading to Titanfall release, MS will make the move and offer Titanfall bundle at $399 w/o Kinect. It's profitable for them and offers a price of entry to match PS4. It could be a game changer (hate saying that).
#16SythisTaruPosted 11/19/2013 1:44:59 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
regsantotomas posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...

Microsoft will only report shipped numbers this holiday. Not sold through. So honestly anything they report should be taken with a grain of salt.

Anyway when NPD shows PS4 significantly ahead every month leading to Titanfall release, MS will make the move and offer Titanfall bundle at $399 w/o Kinect. It's profitable for them and offers a price of entry to match PS4. It could be a game changer (hate saying that).

If they made a bundle without Kinect it would be 250-300 dollars. Not 399.
#17Jstretch19Posted 11/19/2013 1:48:41 PM
No, the problem with Kinect is that you're paying an extra $100 dollars over the competition for rudimentary UI controls that are already performed fine with just a controller.

The Kinect is actually a pretty interesting piece of tech, its just not worth $100 unless you play a lot of games like Dance Dance Revolution.
#18MilesTeg420Posted 11/19/2013 1:49:44 PM(edited)
@ SythisTaru Haha no it wouldn't. It's including a brand new $60 game, and going that low would ENRAGE launch buyers. They won't want to go cheaper than $399 until Sony does the same. They want to look equal, doesn't matter if the hardware isn't as powerful, they will act like that's nothing. Plus they would be massively profiting on the $399 price. And people will buy at that price.
#19SythisTaruPosted 11/19/2013 1:50:41 PM
Jstretch19 posted...
No, the problem with Kinect is that you're paying an extra $100 dollars over the competition for rudimentary UI controls that are already performed fine with just a controller.

The Kinect is actually a pretty interesting piece of tech, its just not worth $100 unless you play a lot of games like Dance Dance Revolution.

Kinect is the ONLY interesting thing in the entire next-generation of consoles. The ONLY thing.
#20EnclavePosted 11/19/2013 1:50:45 PM
I know I'm primarily waiting on a Kinect free sku. Not paying for a peripheral that I'll never take out of the box.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.