For me, the problem isn't that Kinect is an extra $100.

#21SythisTaruPosted 11/19/2013 2:52:32 PM
Enclave posted...
I know I'm primarily waiting on a Kinect free sku. Not paying for a peripheral that I'll never take out of the box.

I honestly don't understand how some people can be so...dumb. It's just insane to me.
#22zephirrainesPosted 11/19/2013 2:54:29 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
regsantotomas posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
When Titanfall releases there will be $399 bundle w/o Kinect. Just wait for that.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

? You don't think MS will make a move when it's clear they are getting stomped? Kinect costs as much as the console itself, at $399 they are making huge profit. Don't think for a second they won't make the call. They will.

What do you classify as stomped? Throw some numbers out there. If Microsoft sells over a million consoles is that still being stomped.

Microsoft will only report shipped numbers this holiday. Not sold through. So honestly anything they report should be taken with a grain of salt.

Anyway when NPD shows PS4 significantly ahead every month leading to Titanfall release, MS will make the move and offer Titanfall bundle at $399 w/o Kinect. It's profitable for them and offers a price of entry to match PS4. It could be a game changer (hate saying that).

But when sony always refers to shipped numbers its okay right? Hah, youre pathetic.
#23Exodus_PrimePosted 11/19/2013 2:54:52 PM
ExempliGratia posted...

Dreams are real all you have to do is just believe.

It's MilesTeg what did you expect?
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#24jrbeerman11Posted 11/19/2013 2:55:35 PM
MS put too much money into r and d of kinect. They have positioned themselves as the console that does everything, the "one". Kinect is part of the Xbox now.
#25FZATMOIPosted 11/19/2013 2:55:56 PM
SythisTaru posted...
Enclave posted...
I know I'm primarily waiting on a Kinect free sku. Not paying for a peripheral that I'll never take out of the box.

I honestly don't understand how some people can be so...dumb. It's just insane to me.

It's not dumb, it's an opinion.
#26regsantotomasPosted 11/19/2013 2:56:04 PM
SythisTaru posted...
Enclave posted...

I don't think insults are necessary here. He is entitled to want a Kinect-free bundle.

Whether it will actually come or not is another question. It just doesn't make sense that that type of bundle will be available in less than 6 months - if ever.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#27MilesTeg420Posted 11/19/2013 2:58:18 PM
@zephirraines Sony reported sell through. PS4 is sold out in stores. Nintendo reported 2.8 million Wii U sold last year between Nov/Dec. We saw how that worked out. Unsold consoles.
#28EnclavePosted 11/19/2013 2:59:36 PM
regsantotomas posted...
SythisTaru posted...
Enclave posted...

I don't think insults are necessary here. He is entitled to want a Kinect-free bundle.

Whether it will actually come or not is another question. It just doesn't make sense that that type of bundle will be available in less than 6 months - if ever.

I'm actually expecting it to take a year or two.

A few months ago I didn't think it would ever come out, however once they made it so the Kinect isn't required for the Xbox to function? I expect it in time now.

Hell, it's also possible in the next few years Microsoft will actually convince me the Kinect is worth my money, though the odds of that are pretty slim. I've never seen anything worthwhile (at least in my opinion) for Kinect.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#29MilesTeg420Posted 11/19/2013 3:01:20 PM
regsantotomas posted...
SythisTaru posted...
Enclave posted...

So you would sacrifice the generation over including the camera in every box. $500 is not a friendly price for a console. Sales will fall off a cliff after the holidays, everyone will realize $500 is too much especially when there is hot item that is $100 cheaper available. MS has to do this early or PS4 is the next PS2.
#30regsantotomasPosted 11/19/2013 3:02:17 PM
Enclave posted...

I'm actually expecting it to take a year or two.

A few months ago I didn't think it would ever come out, however once they made it so the Kinect isn't required for the Xbox to function? I expect it in time now.

Hell, it's also possible in the next few years Microsoft will actually convince me the Kinect is worth my money, though the odds of that are pretty slim. I've never seen anything worthwhile (at least in my opinion) for Kinect.

I think that in a year or two, it will be more clear whether or not this wider net cast by Microsoft is working or not.

IMO, the Kinect's interesting aspects are more outside of the gaming scope and it's understandable why many gamers are opposed to such a solution.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego