For me, the problem isn't that Kinect is an extra $100.

#31SythisTaruPosted 11/19/2013 3:02:28 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
regsantotomas posted...
SythisTaru posted...
Enclave posted...
I know I'm primarily waiting on a Kinect free sku. Not paying for a peripheral that I'll never take out of the box.

I honestly don't understand how some people can be so...dumb. It's just insane to me.

I don't think insults are necessary here. He is entitled to want a Kinect-free bundle.

Whether it will actually come or not is another question. It just doesn't make sense that that type of bundle will be available in less than 6 months - if ever.

So you would sacrifice the generation over including the camera in every box. $500 is not a friendly price for a console. Sales will fall off a cliff after the holidays, everyone will realize $500 is too much especially when there is hot item that is $100 cheaper available. MS has to do this early or PS4 is the next PS2.

Ps2 sucked.
#32Jstretch19Posted 11/19/2013 3:03:54 PM
SythisTaru posted...
Kinect is the ONLY interesting thing in the entire next-generation of consoles. The ONLY thing.

I'll agree with you there, if new games would still come out on the 360 I'd probably stay on that console this gen, its really quite sad that the Kinet of all things is the only interesting thing about the new gen.
#33MilesTeg420Posted 11/19/2013 3:05:48 PM
SythisTaru posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
regsantotomas posted...
SythisTaru posted...
Enclave posted...
I know I'm primarily waiting on a Kinect free sku. Not paying for a peripheral that I'll never take out of the box.

I honestly don't understand how some people can be so...dumb. It's just insane to me.

I don't think insults are necessary here. He is entitled to want a Kinect-free bundle.

Whether it will actually come or not is another question. It just doesn't make sense that that type of bundle will be available in less than 6 months - if ever.

So you would sacrifice the generation over including the camera in every box. $500 is not a friendly price for a console. Sales will fall off a cliff after the holidays, everyone will realize $500 is too much especially when there is hot item that is $100 cheaper available. MS has to do this early or PS4 is the next PS2.

Ps2 sucked.

Compared to Xbox (worst console of gen 6) it was god tier. Unless all you wanted was sports and racing games that were also on PS2. Worst game library of any console imo.
#34EnclavePosted 11/19/2013 3:33:04 PM
Actually the Xbox was pretty damn cool, had some great games. Sure it didn't hold a candle to the PS2 but neither did anything else.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#35jrbeerman11Posted 11/19/2013 4:15:57 PM
Ps2 sucked? I thought it was universally agreed upon to be the best console ever?
#36KalibakPosted 11/19/2013 4:31:50 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
regsantotomas posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
When Titanfall releases there will be $399 bundle w/o Kinect. Just wait for that.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

? You don't think MS will make a move when it's clear they are getting stomped? Kinect costs as much as the console itself, at $399 they are making huge profit. Don't think for a second they won't make the call. They will.

The only thing "clear" at this point, is that this place is full of trolls. People said the same things before the 360 shipped & look where we are today.
#37ExempliGratiaPosted 11/19/2013 4:38:26 PM
jrbeerman11 posted...
Ps2 sucked? I thought it was universally agreed upon to be the best console ever?

I'm going to let you finish but I believe that the Dreamcast was the best console ever (IMO). *drops mic*
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#38MilesTeg420Posted 11/19/2013 5:41:39 PM
Kalibak posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
regsantotomas posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
When Titanfall releases there will be $399 bundle w/o Kinect. Just wait for that.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

? You don't think MS will make a move when it's clear they are getting stomped? Kinect costs as much as the console itself, at $399 they are making huge profit. Don't think for a second they won't make the call. They will.

The only thing "clear" at this point, is that this place is full of trolls. People said the same things before the 360 shipped & look where we are today.

Situation is nowhere near similar.