My kids want me to cancel my preorders and go PS4

#41Laylow12Posted 11/19/2013 3:54:57 PM
Get the PS4s Paul. I researched the XBOX ONE vs. PS4 thing to the nth degree and PS4 is the way to go. Microsoft has been very, very shady with their intentions for KINECT 2.0 and its use as an advertising device. The graphics and gameplay run smoother on the PS4 and many are saying that RYSE is the only game that doesn't look like a 360 game on XBOX ONE. The hardware is poorly done with three operating systems running at once and 10% dedicated to KINECT 2.0, its just not a big enough leap for $500.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#42DeadlyKruegerPosted 11/19/2013 3:55:05 PM
sworder posted...
DeadlyKrueger posted...
Simple. Your the parent, they are the children. Who pays the bills? Whoever pays the bills and pays for the console gets to decide which console to get.

lol, you're not that old aren't you?

get your kids what they want. what's the point of getting them something they don't want when what they do want is cheaper?

if I had kids and they wanted a Dreamcast, I would get it for them

Actually yes I do have kids of my own. But they aren't spoiled brats. I pay the bills, I make the decisions on what they have, yes I take into consideration what they want, but I don't make life decisions on what they want. My kids are well behaves, well disciplined unlike most people children.
#43BoxTheMuppetPosted 11/19/2013 3:55:38 PM
chuckboston2k3 posted...
You guys are really buying this kids story? Wow.

^ This.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#44chuckboston2k3Posted 11/19/2013 3:56:39 PM
No doubt TC is a huge troll...but this topic reminds me of why I can't stand certain parents today.

My kids school doesn't do honor roll anymore! Want to know why? Because they are afraid it might make little Billy feel bad for not making it. Sports teams? Everyone gets a trophy...yay! Oh, little Susie, you can have anything you want...just ask!

Jesus Christ parents - toughen up. You are the leader of the household. You make the rules. You upset your kid? Tough luck little one - learn some coping. Stop letting the little ones dictate your lives.

/rant

Back on topic - It's almost Friday.
---
Gaming since the early 80's
XBL: CallMeMrBrandt PSN: OptimusDad
#45DK DeathKnightPosted 11/19/2013 3:57:06 PM
I dont understand why you cant get both. Dont want to share your XB1 with your kids?
---
PSN: SkyDivider / SC2: Takeuchi (729)
Playing: Nothing, waiting for PS4.
#46TheCyborgNinjaPosted 11/19/2013 3:57:50 PM
1. Present them of a list of announced exclusives for each console.
2. Put it to a vote.
3. If there's a tie, you win because you're the parent.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#47Cowboy082288Posted 11/19/2013 3:57:57 PM
TC you should buy rockem sockem. Problem solved and save money.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#48DeadlyKruegerPosted 11/19/2013 3:59:29 PM
chuckboston2k3 posted...
No doubt TC is a huge troll...but this topic reminds me of why I can't stand certain parents today.

My kids school doesn't do honor roll anymore! Want to know why? Because they are afraid it might make little Billy feel bad for not making it. Sports teams? Everyone gets a trophy...yay! Oh, little Susie, you can have anything you want...just ask!

Jesus Christ parents - toughen up. You are the leader of the household. You make the rules. You upset your kid? Tough luck little one - learn some coping. Stop letting the little ones dictate your lives.

/rant

Back on topic - It's almost Friday.

About time someone understands! That's why mine are the way they are. yes I love them and would take a bullet for them but I'm not gonna spoil them by giving them everything they want. I got an Xbox One, they have no say in a decision like that, they earn an allowance from doing chores around the house, if they save up their money and want to buy something for themselves ok. Teaches them the value of a dollar, which most people still don't understand well into their 20's
#49pctech86Posted 11/19/2013 4:00:14 PM
segagamer posted...
Paul_Atreides posted...
StevsWhatevs posted...
Well since you plan on buying 3 consoles.........buy two Xboxs and one Ps4?

That sounds like a disaster in the making. The last thing I want on Christmas is a bunch of whining about stuff I just paid two grand for.

$1400<$1500.

Does TC know basic math skills?

I'm buying two consoles, yet spending two grand. I think you're forgetting that usually when people buy consoles they buy MORE than just the consoles...
---
GT - xFGMx Kaell
3DS - 3179-7398-7610 - Kaell
#50BoxTheMuppetPosted 11/19/2013 4:01:03 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
TC you should buy rockem sockem. Problem solved and save money.

Or save $480 and buy them a ball then send them outside to play.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!