My kids want me to cancel my preorders and go PS4

#51DK DeathKnightPosted 11/19/2013 5:03:02 PM
DeadlyKrueger posted...

About time someone understands! That's why mine are the way they are. yes I love them and would take a bullet for them but I'm not gonna spoil them by giving them everything they want. I got an Xbox One, they have no say in a decision like that, they earn an allowance from doing chores around the house, if they save up their money and want to buy something for themselves ok. Teaches them the value of a dollar, which most people still don't understand well into their 20's

True, but forcing something onto them that they dont want, but what sounds like what you want for yourself, is not a parenting tactic id advise.
---
PSN: SkyDivider / SC2: Takeuchi (729)
Playing: Nothing, waiting for PS4.
#52DeadlyKruegerPosted 11/19/2013 5:04:21 PM
DK DeathKnight posted...
DeadlyKrueger posted...

About time someone understands! That's why mine are the way they are. yes I love them and would take a bullet for them but I'm not gonna spoil them by giving them everything they want. I got an Xbox One, they have no say in a decision like that, they earn an allowance from doing chores around the house, if they save up their money and want to buy something for themselves ok. Teaches them the value of a dollar, which most people still don't understand well into their 20's

True, but forcing something onto them that they dont want, but what sounds like what you want for yourself, is not a parenting tactic id advise.

You're not forcing a damn thing on them. You're just not caving and spoiling them
#53segagamerPosted 11/19/2013 5:07:22 PM
pctech86 posted...
segagamer posted...
Paul_Atreides posted...
StevsWhatevs posted...
Well since you plan on buying 3 consoles.........buy two Xboxs and one Ps4?

That sounds like a disaster in the making. The last thing I want on Christmas is a bunch of whining about stuff I just paid two grand for.

$1400<$1500.

Does TC know basic math skills?

I'm buying two consoles, yet spending two grand. I think you're forgetting that usually when people buy consoles they buy MORE than just the consoles...

Of course.

I'm just talking about systems though.
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
NNID: JZimino
#54DK DeathKnightPosted 11/19/2013 5:10:03 PM(edited)
DeadlyKrueger posted...

You're not forcing a damn thing on them. You're just not caving and spoiling them

He says he is buying them an Xbox One not because they want it, because HE wants an Xbox One. And he is only buying 3 of them because HE doesent want himself to have a different console than his kids.

If you took over the family business and you want your son to take over it, but he wants to become an actor but you tell him screw off, take the family business, and puts his name on the deed. Dont you think he will resent you for that, and rightfully so? Your not spoiling them if you can both come to a compromise instead of choosing one thing over the other and if he doesent like your thing, its the bad choice.
---
#55sworderPosted 11/19/2013 5:10:50 PM
DeadlyKrueger posted...
Actually yes I do have kids of my own. But they aren't spoiled brats. I pay the bills, I make the decisions on what they have, yes I take into consideration what they want, but I don't make life decisions on what they want. My kids are well behaves, well disciplined unlike most people children.

You think buying them a console of their choice is spoiling them, but buying them the one they don't want isn't? Remember, TC is not buying one single console for everyone to use. That would be understandable for the parent to make the choice. He's buying a console specifically to each of his children

I'm obviously not gonna tell anyone how to raise their kids, but if you ARE going to get a console, I don't see why you would purposely get them the one they don't want >_>
#56DeadlyKruegerPosted 11/19/2013 5:14:56 PM
DK DeathKnight posted...
DeadlyKrueger posted...

He says he is buying them an Xbox One not because they want it, because HE wants an Xbox One. And he is only buying 3 of them because HE doesent want himself to have a different console than his kids.

If you took over the family business and you want your son to take over it, but he wants to become an actor but you tell him screw off, take the family business, and puts your name on the deed. Dont you think he will resent you for that, and rightfully so? Your not spoiling them if you can both come to a compromise instead of choosing one thing over the other and if he doesent like your thing, its the bad choice.

those are two completely different scenarios. A KID over an ADULT since you have to be 18 to legally take over any kind of business. A KID has no power over an ADULT that makes a living. They can complain all they want, But an ADULT can make their own decisions, IF there was a family business and they wanted to be an actor, then that is their decisions, it's their life. What does an video game console have to do with that?

It all comes back to spoiling you kids, say whatever you all want about my "parenting" I don't care. I love my kids and they love me. I give them tough love and I also give them money to make their own financial decisions.
#57Nice_RobbyPosted 11/19/2013 5:17:11 PM
Here is my tip. If you can wait until the x1 comes out don't cancel!!!!

I had an older lady I work with asking me about the ps4 because her grandson asked for it(I used to work in the electronics dept at my Walmart), anyways the kids asked for it 5 days AFTER the system came out. I can only assume this kid is the "casual" gamer type and only wants it because his friends just did or he saw it on tv or whatever.

That being said your kid may also feel the same way towards the Xbox one once it's out. At least buy the system.... Wait a few days... And If they still want a ps4 then by all means consider it.
---
Xbox Live Sn: Nice Robby
PSN Sn: Nice_Robby
#58DK DeathKnightPosted 11/19/2013 5:22:05 PM(edited)
Im not disputing parenting skills, while some are obviously wrong and some are obviously right. Their is no proper guideline for parenting, its not in my place to judge parenting skills of another.

All im saying is that, the TC seems like HE is being the selfish one in this situation. Like I said, why cant he just get the XB1 for himself and 2 PS4's for his kids? He obviously is happier with the XB1 and he still gets it, and his kids will get the PS4's they want. His kids arent forcing him with a PS4, and he isint forcing his kids with a XB1. But if he is giving an XB1 to them regardless, he is forcing it upon them.
---
#59SlaysmePosted 11/19/2013 5:19:20 PM
You're buying 3? That's dumb. Get 3 gameboys or something and both. Consoles. Anything else is wasteful.
---
Book reader master race. What now, chumps?
3ds FC-5412-9925-5942. Psn-slaysme nnid-smallwoodfamily
#60archibald3Posted 11/19/2013 5:19:39 PM
Troll topic..how naive are you guys