Polygon Xbox One review (8/10)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Polygon Xbox One review (8/10)

User Info: ElPolloDiablo87

ElPolloDiablo87
3 years ago#1
http://www.polygon.com/a/xbox-one-review#
The Xbox One is an impressive marriage of software and hardware that raises the bar in terms of what we expect from a living room machine. Looking forward more than it looks back, the Xbox One feels like it's from the future.
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA

User Info: Leventhan26

Leventhan26
3 years ago#2
Damn lol, what would a console need for a 9 or 10.

User Info: Reflex-Arc

Reflex-Arc
3 years ago#3
Son, I am excite.
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard

User Info: 1nternationa7

1nternationa7
3 years ago#4
That spot is reserved for the steam box.
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947

User Info: Nok_Su_Kow

Nok_Su_Kow
3 years ago#5
Leventhan26 posted...
Damn lol, what would a console need for a 9 or 10.

Soul Calibur or Super Mario World.

User Info: TheBorderCollie

TheBorderCollie
3 years ago#6
*In before the following:

-LOL Polygon
-Bias! Bias! Bias!
-MS paid them!!!!
-$700K !!!
-(some other made up numerical amount used for trolling)
-Who's Polygon?
-Why do reviews matter?
-Many other comments I will not see due to the running message total at the bottom of my screen that I'm sure will begin to climb now.
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
Annoy a domestic terrorist....VOTE!

User Info: orestes1981

orestes1981
3 years ago#7
CNET, a more prestigious tech site, gave both the PS4 & the Xbox One 3.5 out of 5 on their review scale.

Edit: CNET is well known, Polygon...not so much. The only thing they are known for is doing a bias review against hardware that is almost identical. Furthermore, they do not point out the flops that the Xbox One has....Crimson Dragon, BF4 (in comparison to the PS4/PC), etc.
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher

User Info: Vorzal

Vorzal
3 years ago#8
"If you're as disappointed as we are by the lack of backwards compatibility this generation and want to keep an Xbox 360 or PS3 plugged in here, we've got some bad news: It works, but our most lag-sensitive editors wouldn't want to play that way."

=/ Too bad, the idea of running a PS4 through the XB1 was promising. This could be alleviated via a firmware update, however.
"Winter is coming, Sharon, and I'm a sneaky little bee. Buzz Buzz."

User Info: yanksfan4247

yanksfan4247
3 years ago#9
orestes1981 posted...
Edit: CNET is well known, Polygon...not so much. The only thing they are known for is doing a bias review against hardware that is almost identical. Furthermore, they do not point out the flops that the Xbox One has....Crimson Dragon, BF4 (in comparison to the PS4/PC), etc.

Polygon is well known. Hell their editors have been on multiple TV shows talking about next Gen consoles. And on the video review of the Xbox One they said Lococycle, Crimson Dragon were garbage. And said Ryse looks good but is boring.

But go on with them not being respectable and whatever.
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer

User Info: DarthLaharl

DarthLaharl
3 years ago#10
lol, Polygon.

Polygon gives:
Xbone a 8/10 but gives the PS4 a 7.5/10
The Last Of Us 7.5 but gives State Of Decay a 8.5
God Of War Ascension a 7 but gives Gears Judgement a 8
Sly Cooper a 6
Ni No Kuni a 6.5

Not to mention the money from Microsoft.
If you attempted to offend me and I haven't replied to you it's probably because you're already on my ignore list. Now ignoring: 63 users
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Polygon Xbox One review (8/10)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived