For anyone thinking the voice commands don't work, watch this.

#41drclaeysPosted 11/20/2013 5:47:39 AM
Friends,

Thats freaking amazing. The worst part is, I called my Dog "Xbox Home" and My Cat "close" and I always yell at them in the living room.

Thank you for sharing. very nice vid.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Got a Xbox a few days ago, Now playing: Tales of Vesperia. . . . . . . . . US Economy lost 24 Billion, Blame the Republicans.
#42jZangetsu21Posted 11/20/2013 5:59:45 AM
I have functioning limbs and I'm not so obese that I can't lift a remote so I'll skip this, thanks.
#43DarkSaber2kPosted 11/20/2013 6:24:00 AM
SaintFC_ posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
What about people with strong accents, but speak perfect English?

This, poor Liverpudlians.

I don't think I've EVER come across a Liverpudlian who spoke perfect english.
#44N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 11/20/2013 9:11:14 PM
darthcid posted...
Not only a problem with dailects and accents, but what if you live next to a busy road and the kids are banging around upstairs and the missus is gabbing away on the phone? How good will it work then?

Well, remember that the kinect uses visual recognition software, and also knows who's holding the controller. I imagine, who ever is signed in, and/or holding the controller, is the main focus. It's supposed to be like that at least.

Also an older video I had seen demonstrated music coming from surround sound speakers while the person doing the demo was giving commands, and it worked, very well. Maybe the video was BS, but it didn't look edited . Maybe the demo kinect kits they were showing back 4-5 months ago were more powerful than the ones that are actually retail.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 4GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia EVGA GTX 570 1.2GB GDDr5
#45SaintFC_Posted 11/21/2013 12:54:21 AM
DarkSaber2k posted...
SaintFC_ posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
What about people with strong accents, but speak perfect English?

This, poor Liverpudlians.

I don't think I've EVER come across a Liverpudlian who spoke perfect english.

lol. Harsh, but true.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'