"Xbox, play Halo 5 copyrighted trademark, sponsored by Doritos' new salt flavor"

#11xninjagrrlPosted 11/20/2013 5:04:46 AM
So if I say "Xbox Doritos" does Larry Hryb show up on my patio with a bag of cool ranch, or do I have to specify the ranch part? Shouldnt my xbox just know what I prefer?
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#12Alnilam81Posted 11/20/2013 5:06:23 AM
aray48 posted...
Alnilam81 posted...
I don't get people moaning that you need to say the full name of stuff, isn't it obvious you'll need to? Otherwise what would happen when a sequel comes out. Sure it might seem obvious right now what game you mean as there is only one title, but in 3 years time saying 'go to Dead Rising' or 'got to Forza' could mean any one of a host of games. Just look at Dead Rising on the Xbox 360, there are at least 4 different games (1, 2 and expansions) that all start with 'Dead Rising'.

Because sequels don't apply to Redbox. The different wording for going to different things like a game or an app or Bing is just stupid.

Well that's more down to the stupid naming of the Redbox app.
#13the waffler(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 5:15:58 AM
TrueSephir0th posted...
How about pressing a button??

Well, that's basically my point. I think to actually warrant the higher price, Kinect would have had to work perfectly (which we all knew it couldn't possibly) because just using the controller and pushing a few buttons already seems like the perfect way to control the console. And now it's actually tedious and sometimes just downright stupid.

I live in Germany and the German voice recognition seems to be downright awful from the videos I've seen so far. Does anyone know whether you can choose the language of voice recognition yourself?
#14dnmtPosted 11/20/2013 5:18:17 AM(edited)
the waffler posted...
TrueSephir0th posted...

Well, that's basically my point. I think to actually warrant the higher price, Kinect would have had to work perfectly (which we all knew it couldn't possibly) because just using the controller and pushing a few buttons already seems like the perfect way to control the console. And now it's actually tedious and sometimes just downright stupid.

I live in Germany and the German voice recognition seems to be downright awful from the videos I've seen so far. Does anyone know whether you can choose the language of voice recognition yourself?

Nope, you're stuck with the language that MS has set for each country and English isn't available in Germany.
#15BA_in_BSPosted 11/20/2013 5:28:36 AM
I'm more disappointed in how clunky the TV integration sounds. I get the sound recognition, although, you'd think you could understand Forza 5 and not need the motorsports in there.
---
PSN: AlwaysGetsWasted
Xbox Live: BA in BS
#16the waffler(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 6:18:39 AM
dnmt posted...
the waffler posted...
TrueSephir0th posted...

Nope, you're stuck with the language that MS has set for each country and English isn't available in Germany.

Ugh. Thanks for the quick answer, though.
#17hellslavePosted 11/20/2013 6:23:46 AM
It'd be nice if there was a sort of macro/shortcut feature at some point.

You haven't heard? The console already has such a feature. It's called a controller.
---
Get MS Points just for using Bing!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9778718&rrid=_7c82b8a4-4219-4c48-ce01-cb34fafcf1ac