Despite having the better games, people still choose to ignore the Xbox One

#1icewolf74Posted 11/20/2013 4:51:29 AM(edited)
Going by today and yesterday's Poll of the Day, I find it hilarious that people are still choosing to remember Microsoft's f*** ups with their Xbox One reveal and their E3 showing and ignore the console despite everything they have tried to do in returning it to a game console first as well as adopting with today's technology with the better launch games over their competitors.

Look, I was one of those people too who laughed and made fun of Microsoft as they stumbled out the gate with their new console during the last 10 months and was 100% behind Sony and the PS4. However, after looking over the PS4's launch titles over and over again, I was finding it hard to find any motivation to want this console because all of the games were just so average and unappealing, at best. Despite being a Playstation gamer up until now, being a gamer first, I went where the games were that got me the most excited and the Xbox One definitely had them; which the positive reviews so far look to reflect my excitement of how much better the games are than on the PS4.

So what are people's problem? Whatever happened to being a "gamer" first? Microsoft admitted they f***ed up and are trying to make good with gamers by turning the Xbox One back into a gaming console? Are gamers that immature that they cannot let bygones be bygones that they will thumb their noses at a company that doesn't cater solely to them? Then again, this is the same thing Nintendo is dealing with too with the Wii U, so I guess my answer is 'no'. Gamers are so much different now compared to when I was a teen in the 80s and young adult in the 90s. Young people today are never satisfied. What a joke!
#2ish0turfac3Posted 11/20/2013 4:50:03 AM
Microsoft thought everyone was stupid enough to let the drm and no used games bs happen. People have the right to be pissed still.
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3 - Steam ID: ish0turfac3
Playstation ID: ueffingsrs (Feel free to add me on either of these)
#3Bikes-Posted 11/20/2013 4:50:46 AM
People realize that launch line up doesn't really prove much about the games in the long run?
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#4dnmtPosted 11/20/2013 4:51:31 AM
ish0turfac3 posted...
Microsoft thought everyone was stupid enough to let the drm and no used games bs happen. People have the right to be pissed still.

Yep. MS has a long, hard road ahead of them before public perception will change for the better. Just like Sony with the PS3 before.
#5aray48Posted 11/20/2013 4:52:14 AM(edited)
Some Metacritic scores:

DR3: 78
KI: 73

Killzone: 73
Resogun: 83

Seems pretty equal to me for the exclusives so far, but of course Forza is gonna be all 10/10 OMG SO REAL!

Regardless, launch games don't matter. Both systems have alright games so far, but nothing amazing.
#6robertadeathPosted 11/20/2013 4:52:10 AM
Bikes- posted...
People realize that launch line up doesn't really prove much about the games in the long run?

Exactly what I was thinking.
#7icewolf74(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 4:54:13 AM
ish0turfac3 posted...

Why? They changed everything back on the Xbox One so it is a "normal" console again? So why still be pissed when there is no reason too?
#8HowardTheMizerPosted 11/20/2013 4:54:49 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9LaKost117Posted 11/20/2013 4:56:08 AM
Also, "better launch titles" is subjective. honestly ps4 imo has the better titles for me. Now dont get me wrong XOne still has neat titles. I cant wait to play them at a buds house actually.
#10dnmtPosted 11/20/2013 4:56:20 AM
icewolf74 posted...
ish0turfac3 posted...

Why? They changed everything back on the Xbox One so it is a "normal" console again? So why still be pissed when there is no reason too?

The mere fact they were going to go ahead with it if not for the abysmal pre-order numbers and public outrage is enough.