Despite having the better games, people still choose to ignore the Xbox One

#31MannerHatcheryPosted 11/20/2013 5:22:17 AM
Why are we comparing launches already before Forza 5 and Ryse reviews have come in?
I'm in the camp that thinks Ryse isn't going to blow anyone away, but comparing right now is a little premature.
#32tzuydPosted 11/20/2013 5:24:01 AM
icewolf74 posted...
I find it hilarious that people are still choosing to ... ignore the console despite everything they have tried to do in returning it to a game console first

You find it hilarious that people are choosing the superior hardware? At a smaller cost? With less privacy concerns?

Ha. Ha ha. H-ha-a *coughs*. Well, you all know what laughter sounds like.
---
"Instead of engaging the trolls and playing their game, mark them and move on. Engaging the trolls only gets you into trouble."
#33wolfwingPosted 11/20/2013 5:25:05 AM
I may get the xbox one down the road, but I'm going to wait and see what develops, I'm glad they took back alot of the stuff we had issues with, but to be honest I think many wanted them to get rid of it, not because they will imediatly buy the xbox one, but so that the xbox 2 or whatever it will be called, and playstation 5 wouldn't go down that road, a sucessful xbox one with all the BS would be bad down the road.
---
currently Playing Pokemon X/white 2
#34SirLemontPosted 11/20/2013 5:33:27 AM
icewolf74 posted...
Going by today and yesterday's Poll of the Day, I find it hilarious that people are still choosing to remember Microsoft's f*** ups with their Xbox One reveal and their E3 showing and ignore the console despite everything they have tried to do in returning it to a game console first as well as adopting with today's technology with the better launch games over their competitors.

Look, I was one of those people too who laughed and made fun of Microsoft as they stumbled out the gate with their new console during the last 10 months and was 100% behind Sony and the PS4. However, after looking over the PS4's launch titles over and over again, I was finding it hard to find any motivation to want this console because all of the games were just so average and unappealing, at best. Despite being a Playstation gamer up until now, being a gamer first, I went where the games were that got me the most excited and the Xbox One definitely had them; which the positive reviews so far look to reflect my excitement of how much better the games are than on the PS4.

So what are people's problem? Whatever happened to being a "gamer" first? Microsoft admitted they f***ed up and are trying to make good with gamers by turning the Xbox One back into a gaming console? Are gamers that immature that they cannot let bygones be bygones that they will thumb their noses at a company that doesn't cater solely to them? Then again, this is the same thing Nintendo is dealing with too with the Wii U, so I guess my answer is 'no'. Gamers are so much different now compared to when I was a teen in the 80s and young adult in the 90s. Young people today are never satisfied. What a joke!

First and foremost, whichever system having the better launch lineup is purely subjective. IMO though, both lineups are average at best. There is not one system seller out there.

Second, Microsoft NEVER apologized. They never admitted that the direction they wanted to go was the wrong one. Even to this day, they still lament over how they never had the chance to explain the benefits of DRM (which is complete BS). They were forced to reverse it only because of bad preorder numbers. That's it.

Third, you NEVER let bygones be bygones with businesses, especially with what Microsoft tried to do. You don't forgive and forget. That's called accountability. You keep it front and center as a reminder of what they tried to do and still want to do. Because as soon as you forget it, that's when they'll try again.

Fourth, this isn't about being catered to, it's about buying buying a game system. To game. Not to be restricted. Not to be second fiddle to a market whose base isn't that really reliable. That's why Nintendo is struggling now. That's why Microsoft is struggling with trust among gamers.
#35robster_2005Posted 11/20/2013 5:35:18 AM
HowardTheMizer posted...
icewolf74 posted...
Going by today and yesterday's Poll of the Day, I find it hilarious that people are still choosing to remember Microsoft's f*** ups with their Xbox One reveal and their E3 showing and ignore the console despite every thing they have tried to do in returning it a game console first with it being the more functional console with the better launch games over their competitors.

Look, I was one of those people too who laughed and made fun of Microsoft as they stumbled out the gate with their new console during the last 10 months and was 100% behind Sony and the PS4. However, after looking over the PS4's launch titles over and over again, I was finding it hard to find any motivation to want this console because all of the games just were so average, at best. Despite being a Playstation gamer up until now, being a gamer first, I went where the games were that got me the most excited and the Xbox One definitely had them; which the positive reviews look to reflect my excitement of how much better the games are than on the PS4.

So what are people problems? Whatever happened to people being "gamers" first? Microsoft admitted they f***ed up and are trying to make good with gamers by turning the Xbox One back into a gaming console? Are gamers that immature that they cannot let bygones be bygones that they will thumb their noses at a company that doesn't cater solely to them? Then again, this is the same thing Nintendo is dealing with too. Gamers are so much different now compared to when I was a teen in the 80s, where we were so excited to play everything that we could get our hands on instead of the 15 - 30 year old generations who are hate mongrels that have no fun in them whatsoever. What a joke!

Better games? Your opinion... to each his own. Your opinion on the ps4's launch titles also doesn't resonate with everyone else either... especially since the AAA multiplatforms are outperforming XB1 versions.

I don't think you understand how the marketplace in our economy works. Microsoft has made the mistake that JC Penny made, but Microsoft is fortunate enough to probably be able to recover a decent number of their consumers. You don't change what made you popular/good. Soccer moms loved clipping coupons for jc penny sales, but some newly appointed CEO formerly from Apple decided "hey i'm gonna change everything that they like about our company because I think it'll be better!" JC Penny is flopping around like a fish with down syndrome now. Microsoft needed to stick to its guns and just upgrade the xbox360... no one really had a problem with what Microsoft was doing. However, they went against the consumer's wants and tried to embrace ideas that were more conducive to what they wanted... big mistake. Once you lose the trust and support of a customer, it's MUCH MUCH harder to get them back on your side... might as well have raped his sister and mother while setting his dog on fire.

This has nothing to do with the attitudes of "gamers." I don't even know what you were ranting on about with spoiled attitudes and what not... not really relevant here, LOL. Fan boys are delusional consumers who cannot afford/don't think they want multiple consoles and flame/troll on message boards to justify their purchase insecurities... it's a cognitive dissonance. If I go to spend my hard earned money on a product, I'm surely not going to buy it from a company that spits in my face and tells me it's good for me. Also, it definitely doesn't help that Microsoft's PR machine was the ABSOLUTE WORST during the whole E3 debacle.

Whilst I agree with what you're saying dude you probably could have put that in a nicer way
---
"That would explain how she died. It wasn't old age; she just roundhouse-kicked herself in the back of the head" - ShadowWraith666
#36icewolf74(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 5:40:10 AM(edited)
I just have to laugh at the people who say "you never forget what Microsoft tried to force on us." To those people, I guess you never buy games from Square, Capcom, Ubisoft, EA, Konami, Sony or Nintendo because they have all tried anti-consumer tactics before too, especially in this last-generation, yet here you still are: on a videogame message board.

Ahhh...can you smell the hypocrisy that runs rampant here? -_-"
#37sworderPosted 11/20/2013 5:40:53 AM
Bikes- posted...
People realize that launch line up doesn't really prove much about the games in the long run?

Altho this is true, I don't think this is the reason.

My opinion is that the only really good games are multiplatform. PS4 has decent exclusives, and Xbone has even more decent exclusives... but that's all they are - decent.

People may not want decent, they want good. And those good games look and run better on PS4 while being cheaper. It's not hard to see why PS4 might sell better
#38GeminiX7Posted 11/20/2013 5:41:56 AM
Despite not being part of a hivemind, people still assume that everyone has the EXACT SAME criteria on what makes a "better" game.
---
3DS FC: 0662-3353-4779
PSN: GeminiX7
#39tzuydPosted 11/20/2013 5:42:45 AM
SirLemont posted...
Second, Microsoft NEVER apologized.

Let us not forget that they fired a guy for trying to promote those features ahead of the scheduled date after the internet was in uproar about it, and continued on to do exactly what he was preaching in the first place. Huzzah.
---
"Instead of engaging the trolls and playing their game, mark them and move on. Engaging the trolls only gets you into trouble."
#40MrSpaM111Posted 11/20/2013 5:44:12 AM
XBO having the 'better games' is highly debatable at this point. None of the systems launch titles are setting the world on fire.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628