So both consoles got 7 or 8's across the board

#11Lerp85Posted 11/20/2013 11:52:32 AM
Since when is 7 or 8 a bad score?
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#12Troll_DirectoryPosted 11/20/2013 11:53:08 AM
mrshowtime333 posted...
Gingarito posted...
mrshowtime333 posted...
Both have unfinished qualities. Id say thats probably not a good deal for any of us.

Dont take too much notice of them. Look at the difference between the Xbox 360 at launch to now.

Both consoles will improve.

Yea I agree. But I cant help but think of how much better each console would be if it was held back another year. Still excited to get the Xbox Friday.
i have no doubt that a year ago, or a year from now, or any year from this gen forward, all launches will feel unfinished. that's just the nature of a world with online updates populated by software designers who keep thinking of new ideas.
#13kloud 11Posted 11/20/2013 11:55:13 AM
Honestly, it's kind of dumb to attach a rating for a product that will be constantly changing over the next half decade.
#14Lerp85Posted 11/20/2013 12:02:24 PM
NewAgeOutlaw15x posted...
mrshowtime333 posted...
Both have unfinished qualities. Id say thats probably not a good deal for any of us.

Lol since when did a 7 or 8 mean a console or game sux and shouldn't be purchased. You kids are spoiled nowadays. Back in my day (90s), we purchased systems on pure instinct not because some nerd who has a YouTube channel or a game site told me to. And don't get me started on video games, back then we bought it because of the boxart. Cool box art = cool game, AND we enjoyed it no matter what. Buy what you want, don't buy into something because someone told you to or not.

I agree with most of what you say, aside from buying a game on box art alone and enjoying it no matter what. Thats just stupid if you did that honestly. I got games because I liked them, not cause they made the box art flashy. Go buy games that way and you waste a lot of money.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#15NewAgeOutlaw15xPosted 11/20/2013 12:16:28 PM
Lerp85 posted...
mrshowtime333 posted...

Lol since when did a 7 or 8 mean a console or game sux and shouldn't be purchased. You kids are spoiled nowadays. Back in my day (90s), we purchased systems on pure instinct not because some nerd who has a YouTube channel or a game site told me to. And don't get me started on video games, back then we bought it because of the boxart. Cool box art = cool game, AND we enjoyed it no matter what. Buy what you want, don't buy into something because someone told you to or not.

I agree with most of what you say, aside from buying a game on box art alone and enjoying it no matter what. Thats just stupid if you did that honestly. I got games because I liked them, not cause they made the box art flashy. Go buy games that way and you waste a lot of money.

I was trying to compare of how times have changed. We didn't have review sites in the early 90's let alone internet. GamePro came once a month and didn't really review every game. As a dumb kid, we didn't have the luxuries that we have now so box art for and the rear info that the developer put was all the info we had. Oh and of course Blockbuster Video. Lol
---
"They say the mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...somtimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two."
#16mindandsoulPosted 11/20/2013 12:37:47 PM
Where are these 7 and 8's coming from?
#17LedRush2112Posted 11/20/2013 1:12:15 PM
I gotta tell you, as someone that got much more enjoyment out of the 360 than the PS3, and someone who has had issues with his PS4, the Kotaku review scared the hell out of me and made me rethink my preorder.
---
GT: LedRush2112 WiiCode: 3049 9710 8021 2291 PSN: LedRush
Quicktojudge Quicktoanger Slow to understand Ignorance & prejudice & fear walk hand in hand
#18Lerp85Posted 11/20/2013 1:24:45 PM
Lerp85 posted...
mrshowtime333 posted...

I was trying to compare of how times have changed. We didn't have review sites in the early 90's let alone internet. GamePro came once a month and didn't really review every game. As a dumb kid, we didn't have the luxuries that we have now so box art for and the rear info that the developer put was all the info we had. Oh and of course Blockbuster Video. Lol

Ok, thats true. Renting was a lot more of a thing then I think. LOL
---
#19kingrat2314Posted 11/21/2013 10:39:52 PM
Yeah, but a 7 or 8 for Xbox is good, 7 or 8 for PS4 is bad. Duh!
---
Every other user on gfaqs is a mlg pro that beats games on hard without trying, never makes mistakes, is the epitome of patience, is rich, and has an IQ of 150