Where to pick xbox up? UK

#1JordansgstringPosted 11/20/2013 11:18:38 AM
So I wasn't able to preorder an xbox as I didn't know what my financial situation would be around thie launch time. Luckily I have the cash, but obviously no xbox. I have around 500 to spend. So I was wondering whether anybody knows where I could pick one up from on Friday, or any strategies to maybe finding one in the near future.
#2MasterSword546Posted 11/20/2013 11:19:59 AM
Anywhere. There will be plenty in stock, don't worry.
---
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day <3 3DS FC: 5455-9563-5441 SV:1238
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8pc2f7m0W1rzv84ho2_500.gif
#3777GUY777Posted 11/20/2013 11:24:29 AM
MasterSword546 posted...

I'm not so sure. I'm in the same position as you TC. Game are 100% not going to have any. I have rang Argos, Asda and Tesco and all 3 said they don't have any details on stock. Very unhelpful. Tesco have said they will have some for first come first serve but when I ran they wouldn't confirm if my local stores would have. On Friday I plan to be one of the first into Argos and try there, if no luck I will head to Tesco then Asda. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to find one but I wish you luck in finding one yourself.
#4Jordansgstring(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 11:37:24 AM
777GUY777 posted...
MasterSword546 posted...

I'm not so sure. I'm in the same position as you TC. Game are 100% not going to have any. I have rang Argos, Asda and Tesco and all 3 said they don't have any details on stock. Very unhelpful. Tesco have said they will have some for first come first serve but when I ran they wouldn't confirm if my local stores would have. On Friday I plan to be one of the first into Argos and try there, if no luck I will head to Tesco then Asda. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to find one but I wish you luck in finding one yourself.

I did the same, I think I may go down at midnight to tesco, if no luck there. Go to argos in the morning. When I spoke to asda they said they should know how many xbox's they have got tomorrow (thurs).
#5777GUY777Posted 11/20/2013 11:44:01 AM
Forgot to mention that I called Currys too and was given a definite no. Other places to consider are John Lewis and Toys R Us.
#6StRealityPosted 11/20/2013 11:53:14 AM
Pre-Purchased mine today,
-Day one Xbox One
-Play and Charge kit
-Fifa 14
-Battlefield 4
-Call of Duty Ghosts
-Ryse
-Dead Rising 3
-5 Xbox live Marketplace voucher
-15's worth of GAME points on my loyalty card
= 582 ($941)

I think you get some kind of saving if you buy it with Call of Duty (if you're into Cod). And I'd say probably a supermarket like Tesco, unless you want to be queuing for hours outside a GAME
---
Xbox One Pre-ordered!
''La Li Lu Le Lo''
#7777GUY777Posted 11/20/2013 12:03:02 PM
StReality posted...
-Day one Xbox One
-Play and Charge kit
-Fifa 14
-Battlefield 4
-Call of Duty Ghosts
-Ryse
-Dead Rising 3
= 582 ($941)

I think you get some kind of saving if you buy it with Call of Duty (if you're into Cod). And I'd say probably a supermarket like Tesco, unless you want to be queuing for hours outside a GAME

But you must have preORDERED a while a go yes? That's a nice bundle you are picking up. Enjoy.
#8Jordansgstring(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 12:08:34 PM
StReality posted...
-Day one Xbox One
-Play and Charge kit
-Fifa 14
-Battlefield 4
-Call of Duty Ghosts
-Ryse
-Dead Rising 3
= 582 ($941)

That is a great deal. I'm going to fly down to game to see if I can get the same deal when they get some more in.
#9SheltonSplashPosted 11/20/2013 1:13:01 PM
I think your best off trying your local game shops or Argos on day of release. I know for a fact that my Tesco are only getting the amount of Xbox's that were pre ordered and no extras for at least 2 weeks. Im not sure but the other supermarket's would probably be the same?
---
Cometh The Gold!
Shelton Benjamin-"Gold Standard" - Future of the WWE!
#10StRealityPosted 11/20/2013 2:15:40 PM
777GUY777 posted...
StReality posted...
-Day one Xbox One
-Play and Charge kit
-Fifa 14
-Battlefield 4
-Call of Duty Ghosts
-Ryse
-Dead Rising 3
= 582 ($941)

But you must have preORDERED a while a go yes? That's a nice bundle you are picking up. Enjoy.

Yee, I pre-ordered it a monthish after the announce, yeah I know right! And the guy behind the till like brought the Xbox out from around the back to scan through the till. Then stacked up all the games on it and put it back away ready for tomorrow. Teasing bugger!
---
Xbox One Pre-ordered!
''La Li Lu Le Lo''