How do gamer pics work?

#1SyphoV2Posted 11/20/2013 4:20:55 PM
Let's say ACIV on 360 has pics. Will the X1 version have pictures for purchase as well? Will they be the same? Will X1 games have pics?

The reason I ask is because if how avatars currently work on the PS4. The PS3 version of ACIV has avatars, but the PS4 doesn't. An avatar has to be purchased on the PS3 and changed in order to be used on PS4. Any insight?
---
Star-Lord
#2SyphoV2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 4:31:50 PM
Bump
---
Star-Lord
#3crynryanPosted 11/20/2013 4:34:22 PM
GamerPics on Xbone are 1080p images. GamerPics on 360 are 32x32 or something (they're really small).

I would assume you can only use the new images on Xbone due to the size differences.
---
This feels warm. What is this feeling? Is it of warmth?
#4SyphoV2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 4:37:23 PM
crynryan posted...
GamerPics on Xbone are 1080p images. GamerPics on 360 are 32x32 or something (they're really small).

I would assume you can only use the new images on Xbone due to the size differences.

So games that are on both consoles would have their own set of pics?
---
Star-Lord
#5phoenix9291Posted 11/20/2013 4:49:51 PM
Even though my current pic is small I will probably stick with it if possible since it is a hockey team logo and I highly doubt I'll be able to get anything like that on the one tomorrow night
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#6SyphoV2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 5:04:13 PM
phoenix9291 posted...
Even though my current pic is small I will probably stick with it if possible since it is a hockey team logo and I highly doubt I'll be able to get anything like that on the one tomorrow night

Could you let me know if it is possible to carry over the pic?
---
Star-Lord
#7phoenix9291Posted 11/20/2013 5:12:29 PM(edited)
SyphoV2 posted...
phoenix9291 posted...

As long as I can get the system up and running without any problems before Friday evening I will do my best to let you know. After that I have to leave my Xbox One for a week as I am going on vacation to Rome.

I think I read somewhere on twitter that gamer pics do transfer however they are small. I want confirmation myself though so I will try and let you know.
---
#8SyphoV2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 8:08:02 PM
phoenix9291 posted...
SyphoV2 posted...
phoenix9291 posted...

As long as I can get the system up and running without any problems before Friday evening I will do my best to let you know. After that I have to leave my Xbox One for a week as I am going on vacation to Rome.

I think I read somewhere on twitter that gamer pics do transfer however they are small. I want confirmation myself though so I will try and let you know.

Thanks man
---
Star-Lord
#9motoraptorPosted 11/20/2013 8:09:49 PM
If you have SmartGlass (Xbox One version) you can see what current gamer pics would look like. They look like ass.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#10phoenix9291Posted 11/20/2013 8:56:56 PM
motoraptor posted...
If you have SmartGlass (Xbox One version) you can see what current gamer pics would look like. They look like ass.

Yeah I just looked at my profile on the app and my pic transferred. Even though it is really small I'm still going to keep it until I can replace it with something similar or something else I like enough to change it.
---