PS4 losing to Xbox One on many review websites

#91steveomac911Posted 11/21/2013 12:52:54 AM
OandA_Pest posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...

This is such a terrible argument I have no idea where to start. You think Halo 3 had a bigger audience for longer ONLY because Halo has CoD elements in it now? Sorry but there are so many reasons that could account for this its ridiculous. Halo also has been significantly dropping ever since Modern Warfare. The reason they even copied them to begin with was because its so popular.

CoD 4 was released the same year Halo 3 was released. And yet Halo 3 still was the top played Xbox Live game in 2008. Even when MW2 came out, Halo 3 had more online activity than Halo 4 did after 5 months. What does that tell you? The rise of Call of Duty is a reason why Halo's popularity decreased over time, sure. But the fanbase stopped caring about Reach and Halo 4. The general consensus is that those games are just not as good as the older Halo titles, which are seen by many as the greater Halo games, and Reach and 4 just can't hold a candle to them. You should have also seen this for years, Call of Duty is tired and dated. MANY people know this. Halo returning to its roots would have meant greater longevity of the online community. But what sense is there playing a Halo game trying to be Call of Duty when you could just... play Call of Duty? You're essentially playing two games that feel and play almost the same. If Halo went back to it's old roots, I'm sure people would greatly appreciate that over Recycled gameplay, Perks to hold your hand, and killstreak-farming dudebrofare.

Silly argument is silly. Its barely taken anything from Call of Duty except infinity drops and thats only in a very GENERAL concept...

Stopped reading here because everything you have said thus far is ATROCIOUSLY stupid. I mean, one would have to TRY to be this dumb. Especially after you even said this...

The reason they even copied them to begin with was because its so popular.

This is my point. They should not have copied them to begin with. It is because they did that Reach and 4's online activity diminished so fast. You just threw my argument back at me. You essentially agree with me on something that you're trying to argue with me about. That does not make sense. They should NOT have copied call of duty. THAT is why it is not what it used to be. THAT is why Halo's popularity has diminished. It isn't just because Call of Duty exists. It's because they tried to make Halo be more like COD and attract more players. But instead, it backfired and the online community diminished so fast. Why?

Because.

IT. WASN'T. HALO.

There were classic playlists in 4 for people who wanted that vanilla Halo 2 experience so it's not like you were forced to play the new way.

btw you should totally add a Ron and Fez 11-3 est in your sig.
---
GT: IB ixMalicexi
#92OandA_PestPosted 11/21/2013 1:00:38 AM
steveomac911 posted...
OandA_Pest posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...

This is such a terrible argument I have no idea where to start. You think Halo 3 had a bigger audience for longer ONLY because Halo has CoD elements in it now? Sorry but there are so many reasons that could account for this its ridiculous. Halo also has been significantly dropping ever since Modern Warfare. The reason they even copied them to begin with was because its so popular.

CoD 4 was released the same year Halo 3 was released. And yet Halo 3 still was the top played Xbox Live game in 2008. Even when MW2 came out, Halo 3 had more online activity than Halo 4 did after 5 months. What does that tell you? The rise of Call of Duty is a reason why Halo's popularity decreased over time, sure. But the fanbase stopped caring about Reach and Halo 4. The general consensus is that those games are just not as good as the older Halo titles, which are seen by many as the greater Halo games, and Reach and 4 just can't hold a candle to them. You should have also seen this for years, Call of Duty is tired and dated. MANY people know this. Halo returning to its roots would have meant greater longevity of the online community. But what sense is there playing a Halo game trying to be Call of Duty when you could just... play Call of Duty? You're essentially playing two games that feel and play almost the same. If Halo went back to it's old roots, I'm sure people would greatly appreciate that over Recycled gameplay, Perks to hold your hand, and killstreak-farming dudebrofare.

Silly argument is silly. Its barely taken anything from Call of Duty except infinity drops and thats only in a very GENERAL concept...

Stopped reading here because everything you have said thus far is ATROCIOUSLY stupid. I mean, one would have to TRY to be this dumb. Especially after you even said this...

The reason they even copied them to begin with was because its so popular.

This is my point. They should not have copied them to begin with. It is because they did that Reach and 4's online activity diminished so fast. You just threw my argument back at me. You essentially agree with me on something that you're trying to argue with me about. That does not make sense. They should NOT have copied call of duty. THAT is why it is not what it used to be. THAT is why Halo's popularity has diminished. It isn't just because Call of Duty exists. It's because they tried to make Halo be more like COD and attract more players. But instead, it backfired and the online community diminished so fast. Why?

Because.

IT. WASN'T. HALO.

There were classic playlists in 4 for people who wanted that vanilla Halo 2 experience so it's not like you were forced to play the new way.

btw you should totally add a Ron and Fez 11-3 est in your sig.

They took out the classic playlist. Along with I think 2 others. I can't put my finger on which ones they took out, but I hated that they took them out.

Also, Ron and Fez WERE great. Fez seems to have lost his mind these days.
---
Just call me "Pest." One of countless proud O&A Pests.
"I got a tree on my house!" - Scott Shannon (Jocktober)
#93OandA_PestPosted 11/21/2013 1:05:50 AM
Now that I think about it, I think they took out King of the Hill. -_-
---
Just call me "Pest." One of countless proud O&A Pests.
"I got a tree on my house!" - Scott Shannon (Jocktober)
#94TheCyborgNinjaPosted 11/21/2013 1:07:35 AM
Dev445 posted...
cspctec posted...
It doesn't matter what those "reviewers" say. If the Xbox One gets a slightly higher rating, it just means that M$ spent a little more money advertising on the site than Sony...

Fanboy Logic at its best

This. Dismiss bad, cite good.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#95StRealityPosted 11/21/2013 2:44:50 AM
Biglabron posted...
kivos posted...
Biglabron posted...
Smackdowner1 posted...
TuffEnuff81 posted...
These reviews are based off features.

The Brobox simply has more features. It can do more things than the PS4. it's an entertaimemt box and there's nothing wrong with that.

It also has better exclusives, brah.

What exclusives?

Killer instinct?

I'm getting neither one i'm a pc gamer, but obvi infamous second son will boost ps4 over xbox ones killer instinct.

Dead Rising has some decent pre-orders but it's not leading the pack. Right now Ryse and Forza is. Anyways, Infamous doesn't come out till March. And if we are going to compare Infamous to anything related to xbox it will will need to be compared to Titanfall (yes it's on pc but lets be honest just like cod games on pc the community and sales for it will pale in comparison to the xbox). And being truthful here Titanfall has more hype than anything coming out next. Add in Halo 5 next Fall( a franchise exclusive Sony still hasn't found an answer for) and Sony will have quite the obstacles to overcome.

I'm a hardcore dedi pc gamer and all I heard from this is Titanfall and yes it's on pc etc.

Not xbox one exclusive. My PC outputs at higher quality than both of these new consoles.

Gamer wise ps4 obvi trumps the xone. By all means get xone if you like it, but get it for the right reasons. Multi tasking/streaming/tv etc. Don't get xone and claim that you are hardcore gaming, that is what a pc would be for at this point.

Consoles have always been meant for gamers on a budget, otherwise a gamer would just get a beast PC. PS4 is better quality gaming on a cheaper budget.

Xone is a budget PC. it's 100 USD more than a ps4 that is fact* of higher quality in parts.

Just build you a computer honestly if you want what the xone offers, You can build one to last 15 years for 1k USD and get all your games for 10 USD from steam.

Consoles= gamers on a budget, PS4 defines this right now.

I like PC gaming, but I like it for a different reason to console gaming. For me they bring different experiences. I love just kicking back with a beer on my sofa, playing a awesome campaign feeling the real full on experience of console gaming.

For strategy gaming and some FPS's I like PC gaming. I also like the fact you can custom build them to how you personally want them.

In regards to exclusives, you cannot deny that the Xbox One has 'more' at the moment.
---
Xbox One Pre-ordered!
''La Li Lu Le Lo''
#96RisingWaterPosted 11/21/2013 3:16:41 AM
One thing is for sure,mainstream media loves this thing.

Giant Bomb likes it too,PS4 is nice but meh,Xbone is from the future...kinda surprised
#97BoomerHelllPosted 11/21/2013 4:55:55 AM
wow didn't expect those scores.. no wonder the sony trolls are pushing the ryse reviews
#98ish0turfac3Posted 11/21/2013 4:58:44 AM
Parisinflames78 posted...
White_Tiger posted...
Smackdowner1 posted...
TuffEnuff81 posted...

The Brobox simply has more features. It can do more things than the PS4. it's an entertaimemt box and there's nothing wrong with that.

list them for me 'brah'

while I do like both consoles Dead Rising 3, Ryse, and Forza 5 interest me more than any of the current PS4 games.

720p sub 30fps zombie game with horrible texture loading. Qte game, and boring racing sim. Next.
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3 - Steam ID: ish0turfac3
Playstation ID: ueffingsrs (Feel free to add me on either of these)
#99segamaster316Posted 11/21/2013 5:04:46 AM
ish0turfac3 posted...
Parisinflames78 posted...
White_Tiger posted...
Smackdowner1 posted...
TuffEnuff81 posted...

list them for me 'brah'

while I do like both consoles Dead Rising 3, Ryse, and Forza 5 interest me more than any of the current PS4 games.

720p sub 30fps zombie game with horrible texture loading. Qte game, and boring racing sim. Next.

Mad Much?
---
Who do you think you are, I am!
#100murdokthegreat(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2013 7:21:18 AM
Bump