Why buy the Xbone?

#1TheRaging_GamerPosted 11/20/2013 10:53:50 PM(edited)
Lets think about this for a second. A lot of the games coming out on the Xbone can also be played on the 360. The exclusive games don't warrant the purchase of a $500 dollar machine. Ryse? We all know how well the game is going to do with the critics. Forza? Just like with the Gran Turismo series, reviewers will treat the game like its the greatest racing game ever made. Dead Rising 3? That looks like a game that could run smooth on the Nintendo Wii U. Killer Instinct? Only six characters, no story or arcade mode? Really? Why buy the Xbone? I guess if you have 500 dollars to blow you might as well get it!
#2Millertime660Posted 11/20/2013 10:54:55 PM
I have 500 dollars to blow and I want it.... is that a good enough reason for you to care why someone else is making a purchase?
#3RipZzPosted 11/20/2013 10:56:12 PM
Why do you care? Never understood people who try to dictate how others spend their money based on their personal preference lol
---
G1 Sniper 3 | 3770k | 16gb GSkills Ram (2666Mhz) | GTX 780 3gb OC'd | 120gb SSD | 1tb HDD
#4TheRaging_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 10:56:15 PM
Millertime660 posted...
I have 500 dollars to blow and I want it.... is that a good enough reason for you to care why someone else is making a purchase?

But why do you want it? Why chose Xbone over PS4 (if you didn't buy one already)?
#5userfrigginamePosted 11/20/2013 10:58:08 PM
You could list the same general points for buying a PS4. Even a higher percentage of its launch games are cross gen, and it's exclusives are only "alright."
#6DamnEvilDogPosted 11/20/2013 10:59:34 PM
TheRaging_Gamer posted...
Lets think about this for a second. A lot of the games coming out on the Xbone can also be played on the 360. The exclusive games don't warrant the purchase of a $500 dollar machine. Ryse? We all know how well the game is going to do with the critics. Forza? Just like with the Gran Turismo series, reviewers will treat the game like its the greatest racing game ever made. Dead Rising 3? That looks like a game that could run smooth on the Nintendo Wii U. Killer Instinct? Only six characters, no story or arcade mode? Really? Why buy the Xbone? I guess if you have 500 dollars to blow you might as well get it!

So I should not buy the Xbox One based off of an opinion of yours I do not share?

I find the abyssal battery life of the WiiU pad to be a turn off and to be honest no gamers are gonna be on it that I want.

I don't want a PS4 because I do not care for the games on it and since I dislike the UI,controller and much of what the company has done over the years I am staying away from it.

Xbox 360's versions of the games are all worse, and there are already games you can't play on it so I am getting the Xbox One to play those.

You are so blind to any opinion that does not parallel yours you decided in your infinitely tiny bit of wisdom to come here and make a stupid topic to insult others, I really hope you stop being ignorant one day, but I doubt it.
#7fizzle2222Posted 11/20/2013 11:00:22 PM
Millertime660 posted...

But why do you want it? Why chose Xbone over PS4 (if you didn't buy one already)?

why buy the PS4?
#8Millertime660Posted 11/20/2013 11:01:51 PM
Millertime660 posted...

This wasnt the original question... It had nothing to do with wether I had a PS4 or not.

I want it because I like the games, love the controller, am extremely interested in kinect, and IMO... nothing beats Xbox Live and the dashboard.

Why do you care again?
#9phoenix9291Posted 11/20/2013 11:03:20 PM

For the other features it offers in addition to the games. I look forward to kinect and tv integration. I am also looking forward to titanfall and destiny (which I'd rather play on next gen). Also the minor upgrades to the games on both next gen and current gen are worth it to me and I would like to start growing my Xbox One game collection since it isn't backwards compatible.

The point you are trying to make goes for any console launch including PS4, Xbox 360, and PS3 just to name a few. There needs to be some people to buy at launch to generate some beginning success as well.

This will be the first console I am buying at launch rather than waiting a few months to a year and the extra media features helped me decide on being an early adopter. Whether I am gaming on the system, watching tv, or watching a movie I will be utilizing features of the system.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#10TheRaging_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 11:04:16 PM
fizzle2222 posted...
Millertime660 posted...

why buy the PS4?

I can answer that easily. All you have to do is look at current generation game consoles. No one can deny that the PS3 has a much better library of games when compared to the Wii, Xbox 360 and even the Wii U (which is technically a next gen system). I expect this trend to continue with the next gen consoles as well. Also, I think I should mention that I do own a Xbox 360 and I hardly touched. The only times I can remember actually gaming that much on my Xbox was when the original Gears of war came out and Halo 3. Everything else after those games haven't been that great to be honest.