So what exactly is the selling point to YOU over the PS4?

#11MmaguyPosted 11/21/2013 12:42:46 AM
I got a PS4 and it's awesome. Resogun is great and Killzone multiplayer is fun too (albeit the spawn camping is pretty ridiculous). The single player is awful, though.

That is exactly the reason why I'm looking forward to my XBO more than I was looking forward to my PS4 - it has straight up better games for me. Forza is my favorite racing sim ever, Killer Instinct looks awesome, Dead Rising 3 is going to be a blast, and Ryse looks freaking amazing and I love the theme/third person hack and slash games.

The Kinect features/voice control/Kinect games are all secondary, but a BIG secondary. I'm looking forward to trying out all of these features and overall, the games + features just connect with me more.

Right now I literally have 2 games on my PS4, one of them is free with PS+ (Resogun), and the other actually sucks outside of the multiplayer (which is fun, but isn't anything special). Where as I know for a fact I'll be playing Forza for at least a couple of months, Killer Instinct for a long ass time, I know I'll dig Ryse as it's just my style of game, etc.

Overall, XBO is my #1 console at this moment as at this moment it has more things in it what I want. PS4 is great of course and in the future it'll more than likely be the #1 pure gaming console on the market, but there's just no games on it right now. I'll be tired of Resogun/Killzone multiplayer within the next 2-3 days and then my PS4 is going to collect dust until Infamous.. in March of next year. Where as I'll be plying my XBO probably until March, which is when Titanfall comes out, so... yeah.
#12jeffhardyroxPosted 11/21/2013 12:48:51 AM
When I saw that Killer Instinct was at e3, I knew. Sad as it is to say that's the first thing that made me pick the XB1 over PS4, but I'm a huge Killer Instinct mark, so yeah.

Otherwise, I like the tv functions and I think my dad would too, and seeing as he's not a huge tech buff but he loves his tv, i'm hoping this becomes my familys first living room console. :P
---
GT: GatDamnGoblin Wii U: Quinnfa p 3DS: 2406-6399-1141
Currently Playing: GTA Online, TLoZ:WW HD
#13Jas_PataPosted 11/21/2013 1:47:43 AM
tigg06 posted...
why does it have to be one winning over the other lol.. I own a wii u and ps4 atm and have a xbox one pre ordered, Im a gamer and its not one console winning over the other its me winning when quality games come out that I can play on the systems I own.
However; I wasn't going to buy or pre order a xbox one right away, but Killer Instinct changed that lol

He's simply looking for good reasons to consider buying an Xbox, from people that have probably put in a bit more research. I would also like to know people's reasoning to help me decide since I'm on the fence.
---
aka - Nah Tso Gud
#14TheCyborgNinjaPosted 11/21/2013 1:49:47 AM
It has launch games I'd buy regardless of when they came out. The PS4 just had things I'd buy because I wanted something for my new console. Even in the long-term, Xbox One just has software that interests me more. The past two generations I found that I did buy more Sony-made games, but barely played most of them.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#15monkeyluv101Posted 11/21/2013 2:04:27 AM
Honestly there aren't any high selling points for either console. I ended up purchasing a ps4 and I am very happy with it, but that's because of the multiplats (AC4, BF 4, NFS, Fifa), the only two exclusives that are worthy are KZ and Resogun, niether are mind blowing, I'm having more fun with the third party which are also on X1.

X1 has KI, DR 3 and my favorite racing series Forza, so if I'm able to find an X1 I'll be purchasing one too this friday and that'll be the only way to truly tell which is better by having both in my house.

As far as 2014 goes, I'll give the edge to ps4. To be fair though I don't really know what's coming out on X1, Titanfall is on PC and 360 so I'm not counting that, Halo 5 and Quantum Break are most likely going to be 2015, so that doesn't really leave anything for X1. Meanwhile ps4 is getting Infamous, The Order, Drive Club and a bunch of PSN games.
#16DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/21/2013 2:07:39 AM
Definitely the better UI features, Kinect (my wife loves it too and she is excited for Sports Rivals), the controller and the library. Most anticipated game right now is actually Killer Instinct. That training mode looks ridiculous, graphics are amazing and combat looks fast and full of depth. Most of the complaints seem to be things I don't care about, like single player modes and a large roster. I love the idea of getting extremely familiar with the few characters now and let new entries trickle in.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#17HeracylostPosted 11/21/2013 2:10:07 AM
Powa of duh cloud... Yay...
#18CapwnDPosted 11/21/2013 2:10:20 AM
It's always the games.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#19archibald3Posted 11/21/2013 2:13:41 AM
What they said and also ; i`m not really that concerned with the next 2 weeks you know ? I`m buying a console for the long haul and to be honest i could care a less what bugs and glitches need to be worked out - because they will be worked out.

It`ll come down to - "hows it going to be 6 months or a year from now. Xbox didn`t disappoint me last round and i`m counting on more of the same.

As far as "over the ps4" since you want to keep that whole thing going. I had a ps3 and it always played second fiddle to the Xbox. Just a little more clunky , a little less slick . a lot of small things i didn`t like - including the online. The ps4 from all i`ve seen and heard still sounds like a ps3 with new horsepower. Seems a little boring...
#20ChargrilledPosted 11/21/2013 2:14:57 AM
Nothing, thats why im getting both
---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!