Adam Sessler's Ryse review, 2/5.

#61Smackdowner1Posted 11/21/2013 12:52:49 AM
Adam Sessler just hates the story of Ryse: Son of Rome because it's not like how he remembered it.
---
''Malice'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2013
#62Ryan-06Posted 11/21/2013 12:54:18 AM
DolemiteXP posted...
Meh, game looks good to me which is all that matters. Didn't care what they had to say about DR3 and don't care what they had to say about Ryse. 21 hours to go :D

I respect your excitement. But there will surely be better games later on both systems. Ryse is just that classic example remember? "Gameplay more important than graphics" This is the opposite obv.

I'm surprised no one here talks about Quantum Break as much! I'm a PS4 guy, but that is a exclusive I want =D
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.
http://i.minus.com/is8qElkJbGXle.gif
#63Ryan-06Posted 11/21/2013 12:56:43 AM
Amplifier316 posted...
Watching the IGN stream of Ryse today it was laughable how much the character models were reused. I wanna say there were only 4 or 5 diff character models tops. Awesome when graphics are so good that everyone looks the same... Lmao. Next gen. So real.

Sounds like COD syndrome to me. Where characters and especially animations have been reused since COD4. Stupid.

For ex. We ALL know the death animations of soldiers you shoot while running right? "ooouuh!" I saw the exact same **** in Ghosts. Lazy ass developers pumping out Call of Daycare every 12 months.

At least Ryse runs on CryEngine so it looks great.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.
#64LordcrabfoodPosted 11/21/2013 12:59:19 AM
OZ_Archangel posted...
Why are so many Xbox fans saying they never expected much of this game? Correct me if Im wrong but I remember seeing topics and posts when that execution or combat trailer was released. Alot of comments like yeahhhhhhh now that shouldve been the e3 trailer. and wow the game looks better than i expected etc etc

Obviously, different people. Some of you people are really thick
#65DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/21/2013 1:01:41 AM(edited)
Could be enjoyable. Gonna rent this game for sure. Only games I'm buying for the launch are BF4, DR3, Killer Instinct and MAYBE Forza but I doubt it. Actually, I will most likely buy NFS Rivals instead of Forza. I hate the idea that I need to know about cars just to play Forza... Its too intimidating.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#66FusionCPosted 11/21/2013 1:05:31 AM
LZetta posted...
FusionC posted...
1nternationa7 posted...
LostOdyssey17 posted...
It is disappointing how much of you sheep let uneducated reviewers think for you.
For the people who like games like Ryse, its going to be at least an 8 or a 9 in our books. Its not for everyone. Dont bash it because it isnt your style or your ps4 bricked.

What are the single player Microtransactions? They said back in Aug. that Ryse multiplayer would have microtransactions that were very similar to Me3s

From what I saw it was skill access you would get from buying with in-game currency.

Can you only get access to the skills via microtransactions? Because if not I dont see the issue. If people wanna cheat time more power to them.
---
For the Horde!!!!
#67dnmtPosted 11/21/2013 1:12:29 AM
FusionC posted...
LZetta posted...
FusionC posted...
1nternationa7 posted...
LostOdyssey17 posted...
It is disappointing how much of you sheep let uneducated reviewers think for you.
For the people who like games like Ryse, its going to be at least an 8 or a 9 in our books. Its not for everyone. Dont bash it because it isnt your style or your ps4 bricked.

What are the single player Microtransactions? They said back in Aug. that Ryse multiplayer would have microtransactions that were very similar to Me3s

From what I saw it was skill access you would get from buying with in-game currency.

Can you only get access to the skills via microtransactions? Because if not I dont see the issue. If people wanna cheat time more power to them.

Not sure about single player but in multi it was already shown that different outfits and stuff can only be gotten by purchasing with real money.
#68NateRose89Posted 11/21/2013 1:25:03 AM
JohnHalo343 posted...
Sessler is clearly a Sony Fanboys and a seditious snake. He is butthurt his console is going to get smashes this generation by good, honest, hardworking Xbox One fans.

What? He's always been pro Microsoft.
---
PSN ID: rockstock89
#69Ryan-06Posted 11/21/2013 1:25:48 AM
NateRose89 posted...
JohnHalo343 posted...
Sessler is clearly a Sony Fanboys and a seditious snake. He is butthurt his console is going to get smashes this generation by good, honest, hardworking Xbox One fans.

What? He's always been pro Microsoft.

john halo post. Just add to ignore like most have =)
---
#70Mindwipe77Posted 11/21/2013 1:27:31 AM
lotta butthurt xbots itt, talked all that trash about knack but these reviews are shutting them up, love how also now "ryse never mattered" lol
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
Ps4,Wii U owner. X1 coming 11/22, next gen ftw!