It is really disappointing to hear about Ryse :(

#11DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/21/2013 2:03:53 AM
I really want to know if Ryse has a good multiplayer. Otherwise, its like a 10 hour single player game that I should just rent. If the Multiplayer isn't interesting then there is little reason to buy it instead of renting it.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#12NinjaGuerra(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2013 2:04:01 AM
Chargrilled posted...
If you base a decision on one single review then thats silly

The other reviews will be out later today

This is true maybe ill wait a little bit.

and as far as what ive heard, Adam Sessler gave it a 2/5 and what I was seeing onscreen was really turning me off from the game D:

The multiplayer for it still looks kind of fun.

I wasn't even asking for much, just like 8 an average from reviews, and a 2/5 is already a huge let down.

I'm hoping for the best.
---
No game will ever come close to the fun I had playing Castlevania: HD.
PSN/Gamertag/LoL: NinjaGuerra
#13mindandsoulPosted 11/21/2013 2:04:11 AM
You should be more dissatisfied with forza 5, seeing an established franchise go "next gen" with half the content.
#14MmaguyPosted 11/21/2013 2:09:34 AM(edited)
One of these days you'll learn to not take reviews seriously TC. Once you do that, you will find a ridiculous amount of amazing games that you would have never had played if you let others decide what is good or bad for you.

GTA4 got many perfect scores and Deadly Premonition got a 2/10 from IGN and very low scores from many other places. That's all you need to know about video game reviews, seriously. Decide for yourself what you like and what looks fun/interesting, don't let others judge things for you.
#15Leventhan26Posted 11/21/2013 2:08:16 AM
DolemiteXP posted...
TheCyborgNinja posted...
Keep it and play it. Don't let somebody else's opinion create one for you.

This. So tired of people waiting with baited breath for a stranger to tell them whether or not to do something. If your that nervous about it then rent it first but at least have the brain enough to actually try something on your own before dismissing it. I can't count how many supposed "duds" I have across my gaming library that I enjoy and would have missed out on if I were a SHEEP.

lol, I think many of us could make a long list of games that most hated and were hit hard by reviews that we ended up loving to death.
#16dnmtPosted 11/21/2013 2:15:43 AM
Ryse takes 2 hours to install. Ryse doesn't let you skip cutscenes. Ryse makes you wait up to 90 seconds to reload a checkpoint. Ryse doesn't save your progress if you switch to another game or app while playing it, making you to wait those 90 seconds while it sends you back to the last checkpoint and then forcing you to watch the cutscene you just watched again.
#17Millertime660Posted 11/21/2013 2:18:04 AM
dnmt posted...
Ryse takes 2 hours to install. Ryse doesn't let you skip cutscenes. Ryse makes you wait up to 90 seconds to reload a checkpoint. Ryse doesn't save your progress if you switch to another game or app while playing it, making you to wait those 90 seconds while it sends you back to the last checkpoint and then forcing you to watch the cutscene you just watched again.

It doesnt save if you switch? Thats new news. Ive seen multiple streams where it worked fine.
#18dnmtPosted 11/21/2013 2:19:42 AM
Millertime660 posted...
dnmt posted...

It doesnt save if you switch? Thats new news. Ive seen multiple streams where it worked fine.

Just watch the Polygon stream. It's pretty bad.
#19Leventhan26Posted 11/21/2013 2:19:49 AM
Millertime660 posted...
dnmt posted...

Yeah that would be news for sure, I saw them do this in the ign stream, so unless something has changes that feature does work.
#20juzziebPosted 11/21/2013 2:19:59 AM
Mmaguy posted...
One of these days you'll learn to not take reviews seriously TC. Once you do that, you will find a ridiculous amount of amazing games that you would have never had played if you let others decide what is good or bad for you.

GTA4 got many perfect scores and Deadly Premonition got a 2/10 from IGN and very low scores from many other places. That's all you need to know about video game reviews, seriously. Decide for yourself what you like and what looks fun/interesting, don't let others judge things for you.

GTA4>Bioshock Infinite.
---
3DS FC: 2294-4729-3240