Have you guys bought your AA batteries yet?

#11Laylow12Posted 11/21/2013 5:22:32 AM
Wait, the controller needs batteries?
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#12Blade SeekerPosted 11/21/2013 5:25:21 AM
MORTARlON posted...
Blade Seeker posted...
kc999 posted...
I thought this was a troll topic. It's even funnier now that I know it's a serious question. Can't believe they used batteries again LOL.

I'm ok with this because I'm sure my rechargables will last longer then my PS4 controller.

Do you throw your controller when you're not doing well or something?

All of the controllers from every system I've owned still work. I don't know where you got this from

The PS4 controllers charge is very short. 5-7 hours for me. Not the actual controller itself. -_-
---
|| Detroit Red Wings || Detroit Tigers || Detroit Pistons || Michigan Wolverines || Tampa Bay Buccaneers ||
#13LapanuiPosted 11/21/2013 5:26:11 AM
I use rechargeable AA's and have done for a few years now. I have 4 AA's for myself and a couple of rechargeable battery packs just in case me and my brother are playing on the 360.

The wires for the PS3 controllers are too short and I just don't like the idea having to go back to the PS2 era to play on a current gen console.

I like choices, I can pick rechargeable AA's, non-rechargeable AA's, battery packs or go wired.

With the PS3 and PS4 controllers, wired and wireless...
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#14werkz_destroyzPosted 11/21/2013 5:29:13 AM
l337Bossman posted...
I don't, my ps4 controller only lasts about five hours. I'll take batteries that last more than a week over five hours any day.

This!!!my ps4 controller dies quicker than my 360 ,my 360 has AA rechargeables ...
---
Gt: werkz destroyz
#15xTeKNiQuExPosted 11/21/2013 5:30:18 AM
3 pair of rechargeables. Will insert a fresh pair tonight leave the other 2 charging.
---
XBL - x TeKniQuE o, Detroit Lions
Not Changing this sig till we get a remake of Final Fantasy 7. Started 01/01/12
#16PrinceMedionPosted 11/21/2013 5:38:08 AM
imwithcrailtapp posted...
kc999 posted...
I thought this was a troll topic. It's even funnier now that I know it's a serious question. Can't believe they used batteries again LOL.

OMGWTFBBQLMAOLOLROFL.

Go back to your hole, you troll.

Lets say they included a rechargeable, non-replaceable battery. Said battery doesn't hold a charge anymore for some reason. Now you either have to deal with a corded controller or you have to buy a new one. With AA batteries, all we have to do is swap out some new batteries.

Smart move, Microsoft.

Thats cute but... I've owned 4 DS3's and 2 six axis before those for my PS3 and none of the batteries ever died.

But lets not kid ourselves here, if Microsoft really wanted to give you choice every controller would come with a play and charge hit and give you the option to use that or use batteries, they aren't giving you a 'choice' they are taking out the play and charge kit from being built into the controller in order to sell it back to you... for more then it was before to :\

Even if they wanted to give you the 'choice' they claim there still isn't any reason to at least give you a play and charge kit with the system itself and just sell the controller bundled with it for 80$ like they are now, once again its only so they can make more money off of you.

Personally I find that very distasteful when the system itself is already 100$ more then the other option :\
---
3DS FC 0731-4747-6981 PM me if you add me.
#17_Elite_Bushido_Posted 11/21/2013 5:40:33 AM
Or you know, be smart and use a wire to reduce input lag since it becomes a wired controller once plugged in
---
$ony Ponie$ and trolls- http://tinyurl.com/lalpn7d
PS4, Mediocrity awaits. --------- FC: 0834-1795-7959
#18ado982LPosted 11/21/2013 5:41:30 AM(edited)
I've got four rechargaable ones, and just charged them all up a few days ago. I will use the supplied batteries first, then dispose of them in a battery bin at my local supermarket when they go flat