It's funny, there is a 12% review difference between Ryse & Killzone...

#1redorblue88Posted 11/21/2013 4:57:42 PM
On metacritic the average for Ryse is 61 and everyone says what an utter fail it is and how badly it sucks.

Killzone has 73 and everyone says how it's a great game and so worth the wait.

Im getting both consoles (and probably both games) but I just found it funny how any ps4 fan boys could try and get at xbox one fan boys over Ryse. They really wana compare they should be comparing it to the flagship title, Forza. Although they seem to want to ignore that game lol.
#2khardboredPosted 11/21/2013 4:58:09 PM
But Ryse is such a monumental failure!
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#3jaygoodPosted 11/21/2013 4:59:02 PM
Well one you could pass high school with, and one you cant.
---
Currently playing: Painting and playing Zombicide
GT/PSN: Quadrunner76
#4jsplisimPosted 11/21/2013 4:59:14 PM
I think that we can all agree - console come and go, but launch games are NOT to be trusted!
---
I have two hard rules that I live by: I don't $#%@ with the devil, and I never do tag-teams with blood relatives.
#5HowatizerPosted 11/21/2013 5:00:15 PM
From what I understand both are mediocre games in their own rights. So my care cup is fairly empty.
---
If you hack/mod/exploit/dupe in online games or are in support such things, you are the literal scum of gaming. Only a moron would argue otherwise.
#6DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/21/2013 5:02:45 PM
Dead Rising 3, that poor framerate game with last gen graphics, also scored higher. Hell, this holiday season it seems all the best games are not the best looking. PS4 fans have deluded themselves into thinking the minor graphical gap between the consoles actually matter, meanwhile all the GOTY games this year are games that look like crap in comparison to Killzone running on last gen hardware.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#7Ice WeaselPosted 11/21/2013 5:06:11 PM(edited)
When it comes to aggregate scores, 12% is a decently significant difference. There are a ton of good games in the 70% range but once you get down into the 60s your talking about some pretty mediocre stuff. That means you got a lot more 3s and 4s.
#8zepfyaPosted 11/21/2013 5:05:13 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Dead Rising 3, that poor framerate game with last gen graphics, also scored higher. Hell, this holiday season it seems all the best games are not the best looking. PS4 fans have deluded themselves into thinking the minor graphical gap between the consoles actually matter, meanwhile all the GOTY games this year are games that look like crap in comparison to Killzone running on last gen hardware.

DR3 has a good frame rate if you didn't talk out of your ass you might of knew that, also next gen isn't only about graphics, what dead rising can do with the zombies the 360 or ps3 would never be able to do. Do some research before you talk bs.
#9Troll_DirectoryPosted 11/21/2013 5:05:13 PM
ryse and kz look stunning, but after reading the reviews, i hope they really are the only low points of ps4 and xo exclusive triple-a games. for a while, at least.
#10UtterMoonPosted 11/21/2013 5:08:19 PM
Umm..ok a few things.

Forza..while it looks good, and I know that racing games are popular (although I don't know why). Isn't the flagship for the Xbone, and it doesn't look like a next gen. (or I guess current gen. as of now) game. And I doubt in a years time anyone will consider or even admit that they ever considered Forza 5 as the "flagship" game.

And why compare a game like Ryse with a FPS? Or a FPS with a Racing game? If you do that then the scores..well..they mean next to nothing, not that they ever meant much to begin with. It isn't the scores that make a game good or bad..but hey..lets compare the numbers for Resogun with Forza while we're at it..I mean..doesn't that make both games almost equal in every way shape and form?

Its sad that Ryse got such bad reviews, but it was expected...