After 5 hours...my Xbox One impressions...

#1jasonfinePosted 11/22/2013 5:15:41 AM(edited)
From plugging it in, it took me about 20 minutes until I was given full control of the system and the update took about 3-4 minutes. I think it was like 600 MBs,

I love the controller, except for the bumpers, they don't click at all toward the center of the control. Its not a deal breaker, but it's definitely going to cause some issues with gamers with large hands. Basically, we're gonna have to get used to it.

The games...

First of all, every game starts by installing onto your HDD, after about halfway through, it gives you to the option to launch the game and play as it continues to install.

Assassin's Creed 4...It looks fantastic and it plays exactly how the last couple of AC. Only played for like 20 minutes before moving on.

Ryse...it looks amazing. Simply amazing. Played for about an hour and yes, it gets repetitive, but I have to say, Kinect helps tremendously in regards to some combat. Instead of holding down on a button for like 5 seconds, you just call out an order and it does it almost instantly. I do have a feeling it's going to be a very short game, though. I've only played it for like 30 minutes and it told me I was 10% done. Note: I did not play multiplayer at all.

Killer Instinct...I suck at it. Big time. I did about 7 lessons in the DOJO, though. I tried to power through it, but I seriously got stuck on later complex combos. My non-fighterness caught up with me. The genre is just not my thing.

Dead Rising 3...I played for about an hour. Loved every second of it. Absolutely ZERO frame rate issues. This is where the bumper issue came into play for me. You press and hold RB to bring up the item wheel and my fingers just would not cooperate most of the time. Thankfully, you can tap RB and shuffle through them. Kinect also was very useful with DR. If you call out, "Over here" you would get the zombies attention and make them fall off a ledge, etc.

The one thing I really need to mess around with is the game DVR. It's easy enough to start and stop recording with it, but editing and uploading them is just going to take some extra experimenting with.

So far, I'm loving it. The graphics are fantastic, the sound is crisp and clear and the UI is simple and easy to navigate.

(I also have CoD: G and BF4, but I have not played them yet.)
---
Big "D" little "i" Big "N" little "ozzo"
XBL: GusBricker PSN: JasonFine
#2SAMCROftwPosted 11/22/2013 4:58:43 AM
Everyone Else's impressions after 5 minutes...

"Aww, fiddlesticks! It is le broke!"
---
Xbox fan since 2003. Tired of Microsoft's bull. LOLXbone.
Mass Effect TaliShep.... still a better love story than Twilight.
#3jairusmonillasPosted 11/22/2013 4:59:56 AM
You're the only one saying Ryse is amazing.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 1.84 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#4werkz_destroyzPosted 11/22/2013 5:00:27 AM
my xbox is also working perfect, played ghosts.bf4.ki...messed around with the upload studio .NO ISSUES, cept a couple matches of k.i were laggy but it was fun pulling off 20 plus combos ..

btw i have 4 other personal friends that also picked it up and have had no issues...

one more thing..is it me or you cant send voice messages to 360 people?
---
Gt: werkz destroyz
#5TheXboxOnePosted 11/22/2013 5:01:05 AM
jasonfine posted...
From plugging it in, it took me about 20 minutes until I was given full control of the system and the update took about 3-4 minutes. I think it was like 600 MBs,

I love the controller, except for the bumpers, they don't click at all toward the center of the control. Its not a deal breaker, but it's definitely going to cause some issues with gamers with large hands. Basically, we're gonna have to get used to it.

The games...

First of all, every game starts by installing onto your HDD, after about halfway through, it gives you to the option to launch the game and play as it continues to install.

Assassin's Creed 4...It looks fantastic and it plays exactly how the last couple of AC. Only played for like 20 minutes before moving on.

Ryse...it looks amazing. Simply amazing. Played for about an hour and yes, it gets repetitive, but I have to say, Kinect helps tremendously in regards to some combat. Instead of holding down on a button for like 5 seconds, you just call out an order and it does it almost instantly. I do have a feeling it's going to be a very short game, though. I've only played it for like 30 minutes and it told me I was 10% done. Note: I did not play multiplayer at all.

Killer Instinct...I suck at it. Big time. I did about 7 lessons in the DOJO, though. I tried to power through it, but I seriously got stuff on later complex combos. My non-fighterness caught up with me. The genre is just not my thing.

Dead Rising 3...I played for about an hour. Loved every second of it. Absolutely ZERO frame rate issues. This is where the bumper issue came into play for me. You press and hold RB to bring up the item wheel and my fingers just would not cooperate most of the time. Thankfully, you can tap RB and shuffle through them. Kinect also was very useful with DR. If you call out, "Over here" you would get the zombies attention and make them fall off a ledge, etc.

The one thing I really need to mess around with is the game DVR. It's easy enough to start and stop recording with it, but editing and uploading them is just going to take some extra experimenting with.

So far, I'm loving it. The graphics are fantastic, the sound is crisp and clear and the UI is simple and easy to navigate.

(I also have CoD: G and BF4, but I have not played them yet.)

It's good that you're enjoying your Xbox One TC :)
---
www.xbox.com/en-US/xboxone
#6charlton3kPosted 11/22/2013 5:01:30 AM
I've been mainly playing Forza, beautiful graphics. Got Ryse next to play, cannot wait, love the whole multiplayer levelling experience.
---
Craphex
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2410815/
#7jasonfine(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2013 5:07:57 AM
You're the only one saying Ryse is amazing.

Graphic-wise, yes. Gameplay-wise, no.
---
#8jasoncaricPosted 11/22/2013 5:09:30 AM
Did it died?
#9MaverickneoPosted 11/22/2013 5:12:45 AM(edited)
You will get a lot of trolls on here just so you know, but I'll bite.

I hooked mine up and everything worked perfectly. Updates, set up, xbox live, everything. I also hooked it up to my Direct TV service and although Im still messing with it kinect works, for the most part, perfectly AND very fast.

I dont have any games yet but I am picking up Dead rising today and getting Forza shipped to me on Monday.

So far, its an awesome console. Everything from the sleek day one black box to the sleek looking console, GREAT controller and a very nice headset.
#10jasonfine(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2013 5:12:28 AM
Oh, one last thing, saying, "Xbox, enter code" and holding up the bar code is like the greatest thing ever. Works instantaneously,
---