Should the power brick be on all the time?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Should the power brick be on all the time?

User Info: Raiden8816

Raiden8816
3 years ago#1
Coming from the 360, it was green when active and amber when it was turned off.

I woke up this morning after a little session with Forza to notice the brick was still on with a white lite versus amber.

I remember turning off the console with the controller. Just went to the system itself and turned it on/off and the brick is still white.

Should I be concerned?
XBL & PSN: Raiden8816
3DS FC: 2680-9363-2796

User Info: TravisCombs

TravisCombs
3 years ago#2
I'm wondering this myself. When I first plugged everything in, but before I turned the console on, the power brick light was orange, like the 360's power brick in standby. But it's been white ever since I turned the console on the first time, even when I turn the console off.
i5-760 @3.80GHz | 12GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 | MSI GTX 660Ti | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Corsair TX650 | Antec 300 Illusion | Windows 7

User Info: saiyankakaroto

saiyankakaroto
3 years ago#3
Mine is white as well,i think is because this console isnt never really off,when i installed ryse i shut it off and it continue installing,the same when i download games,it continues to download them,even when off,and the hdmi input appears even when off just without a signal

Im not using the kinect,but i guess if you are it has to be in stand by all the time,to hear your commands,so thats my 2 cents

User Info: sulkythefish

sulkythefish
3 years ago#4
As far as I know if it's on instant on and the console is off it shows white as it is in a ready state.

If you switch the console off completely then the brick goes off

User Info: saiyankakaroto

saiyankakaroto
3 years ago#5
Yes thats it,my console has two options,the instant on,and the save energy mode wich i guess it shuts it off completely

User Info: matt-nicklin

matt-nicklin
3 years ago#6
if you choose the instant on it will be white if you choose the power save mode it will be amber.
3DS FC: 4253-3827-3643 (Pansear, Larvesta, Braixen)
PM if adding me

User Info: epicfailtryhard

epicfailtryhard
3 years ago#7
::cackles wildly::
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convinving the world he doesn't exist!
::wooping maniacally::
there's a devil in your house and you better take a look at his eye. he never sleeps because he doesn't want to.
"do you ever think about the other side and who is waiting for you there?"-dawn crosby, the drift

User Info: epicfailtryhard

epicfailtryhard
3 years ago#8
*convincing*
"do you ever think about the other side and who is waiting for you there?"-dawn crosby, the drift

User Info: Spetsnaz420

Spetsnaz420
3 years ago#9
They call it instant on and power save?

Why not standby and power off?
I don't conform to social convention
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Should the power brick be on all the time?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived